• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
  • Team:

Lvl 46
    Rock Slide|Overheat|Earthquake|Eruption

Lvl 46
    Blaze Kick|Peck|Double Kick|Ember

I had a Slugma for a while there, too. But after he fainted three times, I decided not to even bother training him. I know I'll be training a Vulpix/Ninetales (that's... almost become a signature, heh). Kind of a lazy update. lol [/spoiler]
    Lol, that sounds just like my team, minus the vulpix. I tried out a Torkoal (I think) for like 3 battles, and then was like "meh" and dropped it.

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • I beat Red! Finally! Unfortunately no screenshots 'cuz I'm playing on the DS. So, the team (kinda underlevelled for HGSS):

Tailshine (Ampharos) lv.66@ Silk Scarf Overall LVP

Strength, Rock Climb, Signal Beam, Discharge
    Ampharos was good until the rest of my team caught up, because he just didn't cut it

Brainbot (Magneton) lv.66 Johto MVP, E4 MVP, Lance co-MVP

Magnet Bomb, Discharge, Mirror Shot, HP electric
    He. Was. Amazing. He wrecked from the moment I got him, to the moment of completion. He will be returning (Twice).

Flashlight (Lanturn) lv.66@Expert Belt Kanto MVP, Lance Co-MVP

Ice beam, Surf, Waterfall, Discharge
    He was good all through. He was mediocre in most stats, except HP. Boy, was he a juggernaut. He will return in Hoenn.

Needles (Jolteon) lv.66@amulet coin

Double Kick, Shadow Ball, Shock Wave, Return
    He did pretty well, better than last gen, but still not great.

So, unto Hoenn!

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Finally got myself a Wurmple that evolved into Cascoon!

Current team:

- Xerox (Dustox) lvl. 10

Yeah. Impressive. Also, are we allowed to catch Pokemon other than our type for the Pokedex as long as we don't use them?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Finally got myself a Wurmple that evolved into Cascoon!

Current team:

- Xerox (Dustox) lvl. 10

Yeah. Impressive. Also, are we allowed to catch Pokemon other than our type for the Pokedex as long as we don't use them?
    I don't see why not...

Also, over the past like 2 weeks, I beat Dragon Johto and Hoenn, Flying Johto and Hoenn, Rock Hoenn, and Fighting Hoenn.

This space reserved for the final screenshots

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Lol, that sounds just like my team, minus the vulpix. I tried out a Torkoal (I think) for like 3 battles, and then was like "meh" and dropped it.

lol Can't say I blame you. Torkoal isn't one of my favorites. I actually don't like too many of the fire Pokemon available in Hoenn at all.

Also, I will be babysitting this weekend, so my update will be late once again.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • Hey guys. Thought I quit again, huh? I'm not THAT much of a whimp...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T CARE?????

...Archie was tough. But I managed. Only thing is that 3 revives went *poof*.

The Team So Far: (They got saved as crappy JPEGs. Which is wierd, since I always save my files as GIFs or bitmaps. Also, I will be posting images from now on instead of manually writing my team, it's more convenient.)

HM Slaves:
    Negro the Poocheyna (Rock Smash. Later I'll replace him with a Psyduck and Tropius.)

Proof:

I'm not ready for Flannery yet. I can tell, because Archie had only one Fire-Type yet I seriously struggled.

...Question, while I was participating on this challenge, I saw an interesting challenge I wanted to participate in. Also, I'm thinking of reviving a challenge I created some time ago, since the original topic died. Is it allowed to use only one file, yet participate in two or more challenges simultaneously? (Hypothetical Example: Said person enters the Dual Species Challenge. They notice that both of their pokemon are Dark, so they also enter the monotype challenge on the same file and update on both topics.) Since I know that I definitely am NOT going to be able to handle three challenges at once, but probably handle two (that way I can make use of the rotting Platinum DS cartridge sitting in the corner) I was thinking this is the solution. Obviously I would keep updating on this challenge, too!

lol Can't say I blame you. Torkoal isn't one of my favorites. I actually don't like too many of the fire Pokemon available in Hoenn at all.
    That's funny. When I was going through the Steam Tunnel (or however it's called) I almost wanted to Monotype Fire with Numel, Slugma, Torchick and Torkoal,but I knew I wasn't ready to monotype Heonn twice simultaneously. It's okay though, since I understand people were used to the old fire pokemon and the Heonn fire pokemon definitely look different..

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years

• ...Question, while I was participating on this challenge, I saw an interesting challenge I wanted to participate in. Also, I'm thinking of reviving a challenge I created some time ago, since the original topic died. Is it allowed to use only one file, yet participate in two or more challenges simultaneously? (Hypothetical Example: Said person enters the Dual Species Challenge. They notice that both of their pokemon are Dark, so they also enter the monotype challenge on the same file and update on both topics.) Since I know that I definitely am NOT going to be able to handle three challenges at once, but probably handle two (that way I can make use of the rotting Platinum DS cartridge sitting in the corner) I was thinking this is the solution. Obviously I would keep updating on this challenge, too!
    I think I get what you're saying. I have done a monotype on Platinum, using a Staraptor and Bibarel (both Normal Types) only, and about halfway through I realized that there was a challenge where you had to catch every Pokemon before the second city, so I basically just said "hey, I'm almost accidentally done with this" and linked them my posts from the monotype thread. If that's what you're talking about, then yeah, if you satisfy the requirements for both challenges, you get credit for both challenges. I've also done: unevolved, trio, brown (color) with Geodude, Zigzagoon, and Baltoy, Dragon Mono (johto) and trainer class: Dragon Tamer, and probably one or two more that i can't remember. But yeah, you're good.

In other news, I''m about to fight Lenora with Bird (Pidove, around lv. 13), Dog (Herdier, lv. 21), and Rat (Patrat, lv 15). I don't think I'm ready yet, so I'm going to get Pidove to learn Air cutter and Rat to learn Crunch at least before I fight her.

Years
  • Update number 3 (I think). I was on nugget bridge then helped bill beat misty. Boarded the St. Anne helped the captain got cut. Caught sandshrew and taught it cut. Battled and defeated Lt. Surge and then healed up and headed to the rock tunnel and saved when I left the cave. My team at the momment is a lv 35 Venusaur with tackle poison powder leech seed and razor leaf. And a Beedrill on lv 33 with poison sting twineedle Aerial ace and fury attack. With a sandshrew hm slave and a hm slave. Sorry for the bad grammar and spacing but I'm posting from my phone so it is hard

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • Hey,just a question,ultimaters do Red,then Blue then Yellow... or Red or Blue or Yellow...

Unless I'm mistaken, Ultimaters do one game from each generation, so you can pick just one...

I think I get what you're saying. I have done a monotype on Platinum, using a Staraptor and Bibarel (both Normal Types) only, and about halfway through I realized that there was a challenge where you had to catch every Pokemon before the second city, so I basically just said "hey, I'm almost accidentally done with this" and linked them my posts from the monotype thread. If that's what you're talking about, then yeah, if you satisfy the requirements for both challenges, you get credit for both challenges. I've also done: unevolved, trio, brown (color) with Geodude, Zigzagoon, and Baltoy, Dragon Mono (johto) and trainer class: Dragon Tamer, and probably one or two more that i can't remember. But yeah, you're good.

Thanks a bunch. Now to trade my Pt Pokemon to Heartgold

Last edited:

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • Update 1 on the Hoenn leg of my Electric UMC:

Game:Emerald
    Name:Zeus
    Rival:...
    Starter:Treecko (Sticky)

-Did all the starting stuff
    -Got to Petalburg
    -Wally caught a Ralts (Who actually manages to find a Ralts first try? Wouldn't it be funny if someone hacked it into an Unown? LOL.)
    -Got to the woods
    -Got to Rustboro
    -Got Cut
    -Taught it to Sticky
    -Went straight to the gym
    -Beat Roxanne
    -Sticky evolved immediatly afterwards
    -Got Peeko and the Devon Goods back
    -Went back through the woods
    -Went to Dewford
    -Delivered the letter to Steven straight away
    -Went to Slateport and avoided all the trainers on the beach
    -Went and caught MathsMinus the Minun and Fido the Electrike
    -Trained them to reasonable level (With difficulty)
    -Beat the Team Aqua
    -Went back to Dewford and beat Brawly
    -Went to Mauville, training as I went along
    -Trained on all the trainers, left, right and up from Mauville
    -Fido evolved in the gym
    -Eventually beat Wattson, on my 5th try
    -Headed to Fallarbor, and into meteor falls
    -Just saw the two teams

Team:
    Fido lv.31 @ nothing

Spark, Thunder Wave, Thief, Quick Attack

MathsMinus lv.31 @ nothing

Rollout, Shock Wave, Secret Power, Spark

Has anyone noticed how Manectric's back sprite looks like he's got a banana peel on his head?

Years
  • Steel UMC Update!

Platinum isnt very.. exciting, i guess you could say, to play. I've gotten decently far, but i haven't really felt like playing or updating. I believe last time i updated was after the first gym, so ill summarize what i have done

-Caught bronzor & nospass(liberty and eastern)
    -Eastern evolved, but deemed useless, so boxed
    -Grinded and beat gym with Penguin & Liberty
    -Got cut, beat galactics
    -Got bike
    -Went basck to oreburgh
    -Got VS seeker
    -Went to ghost leader city
    -Grinded to decent level
    -Beat gym leader with.. Liberty? I think
    -Went to the town with daycare
    -Caught a scyther(Mantis)
    -Traded over to my heartgold and back with metal coat, evolving it
    -Grinded with help from farmer and his daughter
    -Made it through Solacean ruins(<---?)
    -Continued to fighting gym leaders town
    -Grinded a little
    -While fighting the gym trainers, both penguin and liberty evolved.
    -Beat Maylene easily with liberty, mainly
    -Reached Pastoria

And now, grinding

My Current Team..

Penguin/Empoleon
    Level 37

Train/Steelix
    Level 35

Liberty/Bronzong
    Level 35

Mantis/Scizor
    Level 35

Can't remember their moves

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Gonna start the 'Ultimate Challenge' as a Electric Type,as I like electric. This is so gonna be fun guys,but also I have added EXTRA DIFFICULTY!
    I will be also going by the faint = dead rule of Nuzlocke,and my Pokemon cannot exceed the level of the gym leader's main Pokemon (unless it is a weakness gym aka Brock) :D WISH ME LUCK! First of all do I have to post everything in this thread or can I make a separate one?

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Gonna start the 'Ultimate Challenge' as a Electric Type,as I like electric. This is so gonna be fun guys,but also I have added EXTRA DIFFICULTY!
    I will be also going by the faint = dead rule of Nuzlocke,and my Pokemon cannot exceed the level of the gym leader's main Pokemon (unless it is a weakness gym aka Brock) :D WISH ME LUCK! First of all do I have to post everything in this thread or can I make a separate one?

Everything has to be posted in this thread. I think.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Ah,thanks. I'll post a update per gym ^_^

Wow,okay just found a pikachu on like the 7th encounter. thats pure luck right there XD
    Hello first team member ^_^,After grinding up to level 11 for quick attack,as its going to help a lot in Viridian Forest. Lets go kill some trainers. While wandering around I found ANOTHER pikachu. are they really 'rare'?. After trying at Brock and utterly failing I decided to go to level 15,so I could double team spam. Hopefully it'll work T.T
    Brock was HELL,used up all five potions I bought plus 6 double teams and nearly made his onix get pp'ed out but charmander had to ember him to death. Guys,that was hell. Only hard thing in this game left is Giovanni and I have plans for him ^_^

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back