• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Pokemon Blue Log

WATER TYPE CHALLENGE
    Kanto- Working on! (Blue)
    Johto
    Hoenn
    Sinnoh

My Progress
    -Got a Pokemon! (Squirtle)
    -Beasted out on Rival (Squirtle ended with full health!)
    -Trained it to level 9
    -Picked up Oak's Parcel
    -Brought it to him
    -Learned how to catch Pokemon
    -Beasted out on rival yet again! (Really close to failing though!)
    -Went to Viridian Forest
    -Failed from poison
    -Bought a couple antidotes
    -Trained to level 14

My Pokemon

Squirtle LV. 14
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Bubble
    -------

Choogalee now signing out.

Last edited:

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    ~Hot n' Cold~ said:
    What level does he evolve?

Quilava evolves at level 36. But if you want Flamethrower earlier, you probably shouldn't evolve it until it learns Flamethrower. It will be a while before Typhlosion gets it. Then again, Quilava doesn't get it until the 50s. I'm pretty sure Typhlosion learns Flamethrower in the 60s. You won't have any other Fire moves except for Fire Punch, which I believe Typhlosion learns.

But I think you'll get Flamethrower by the end of the game, at least.

hobusu said:
    I caught Fuego, my Growlithe (Spanish for Fire. My friend's idea), and have been leveling him up.

That's a nice nickname. Just wanted to say that. Works pretty well. Also, Flareon is better with Physical Attacks rather than Special, so Body Slam is a pretty good move for it. Flareon doesn't really get anything, honestly. When I had a Flareon, I used filler stuff like Flamethrower and even Toxic. Maybe that's just me being too lazy to come up with good movesets.

Also (in reply to your signature), Roxanne's Gym wasn't too bad. Combusken's Double Kick destroys the gym. Just battle all the trainers on the route to the Rusturf Tunnel, and Torchic should have evolved, or at least be very close. And I'm pretty sure Monferno gets Mach Punch, which is also nice for Rock types.

Nathanyiel said:
    Should I teach him double-edge or keep body slam??

Depends on if you mind the recoil or not. I have bad luck with recoil moves, so I stay away from them. But Double-Edge is more powerful, which can save you at times. But I think that Dragonite's Attack stat is high enough, so you probably won't need it. Body Slam is already pretty good.

That's just my thinking, but I never use recoil moves, so...

---

Fire
    Monotype Challenge: Part 49 - Logic Broken! aka Yes Town!

Trainer Name: Seb
    Badges: 7
    Generation: III (on Emerald)

Log:

• Went to the Space Center place thing. Holy jumble, Team Magma has taken over the place! Defeated them all and battled with Steven in an epic fight.
    • Got the HM for Dive. I don't understand how Fire Pokemon can fight underwater. What's more confusing is how your character can breathe underwater.
    • I dislike Water Pokemon. I'm surprisingly fine with water routes, I just can't stand most of the Pokemon. We have way too many. Darn you Tentacool. Darn you Luvdisc. I can't stand any of you. I like a few Water types, but not many.
    • I always go to Pacifidlog before Sootopolis. Not sure why. Pacifidlog is kind of cool, I guess. I'll head over to Sootopolis and the Aqua Hideout tomorrow.
    • Some kid asked me what town I came from, and my only options of reply were "yes" and "no." I have to admit, I laughed.
    Team:
    Zara is a Blaziken. Aegis is a Torkoal. They are massively overleveled. I bet I'm still going to have a hard time with Juan and Wallace. Still not feeling the game that much, honestly. Maybe I'll feel up to it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Nathanyiel

It seems you lost the game...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    GIGANTIC UPDATE!!
    I condensed this a lot so I can hurry up and finish this leg of the challenge.
    -Beat Sliph Co, defeating my rival and giovanni
    -beat Sabrina and her gym without a scratch
    -surfed down from pallet town to cinnibar
    -got the secret key in Cinnibar mansion
    -beat Blaine with surf
    -beat giovanni for the last time back in viridian
    -beat my rival on the way to the E4
    -got through victory road
    Here it is, the last part of Kanto!

Team
    rbspr149.png
    Lv. 81
    -Ice Beam (Blizzard)
    -Body Slam (Double Edge)
    -Thunderbolt (Thunder)
    -Surf
    (I will change to these moves if for whatever reason I need more firepower)

Lorieli - Defeated without a scratch! Thunderbolt one-shotted everything except Jinx, which I finished with body slam.

Bruno - Lol bruno used focus energy when his Machamp survived body slam. Everything else died in one shot, body slams on hitmons and surfs for the 2 onix.

Agatha - This battle was actually scary, she got hypnosis on me with her gengar on the first found then proceeded to confuse me. Her gengars were the only real threat though, and I took them down with 2 surfs each, and used thunderbolt for the rest.

Lance - Dissapointing battle after Agatha. OHKO'd everything. Dragons with ice beam, gyarados with thunderbolt, and Aerodactyl with surf.

Red (I misclicked when naming him) - HAHAHA PwNeD Landed a super effective hit on everything but Alakazam, which still died to body slam. LEG ONE COMPLETE!!

FINAL TEAM
    sigpic194203_2.gif

- Ice Beam
    - Body Slam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf

Next Up...Silver Version in Johto!

JOHTO

Alright, I've begun the second leg! Yet again trading over a dratini, this time from my Gold to my Silver. It just hatched on Gold. I'm going to start from the point I trade it over. I named myself Gold. I started with Chikorita so my rival, Silver, would choose Cyndaquil, which will be easier for my Kingdra to handle later on.

-Traded over Dratini lv. 5, promptly began training.
    -OH NO!! I forgot wrap is crap in this game and no longer spammable!!
    -Based on this discovery, i decided it was grinding time. I'm trying to work up to lv. 15 so Dratini learns Twister.
    -During this training, I have gotten to Violet City and finished the Sprout tower except for the master sage. The sprout tower was easiest because bellsprout's vine whip does one damage. However, outside of the sprout tower I had to run back and forth to the PC between almost every battle until lv 11, when thunder wave and two leers (Then about 4 wraps) became more effective.

Team
    gbs147.gif
    Lv. 13
    -Wrap
    -Leer
    -Thunder Wave
    Painfully slow to train T.T

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I finally have my team!

Spr_2c_237.gif

Andrew / Hitmontop
    Lvl. 26
    - Tackle
    - Dizzy Punch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Dig

Spr_2c_107.gif

Warren / Hitmonchan
    Lvl. 24
    - Headbutt
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderpunch

Spr_2c_106.gif

Jonothan / Hitmonlee
    Lvl. 21
    - Tackle
    - Mud Slap
    - Swift
    - Focus Energy

You'd have thought that a Normal-type gym would be easy with a team of fighting types, wouldn't you? Not with no STAB moves and a stupid Miltank it isn't. I kinda had the wrong tactic, I repeatedly used Thunderpunch on it in an attempt to paralyze it and therefore screw up its Rollout, but hax wasn't one my side and Warren went down. After a LOT of Milk Drinks and Digs/Dizzy Punches from Andrew, the cow was dead, I won the Plain Badge and had steak for dinner. Afterwards I evolved Jonothan into a Hitmonlee and headed up to Eructeak (always forget the spelling of that place), where I beat the Kimono sisters and got Surf. Currently I am completely skint thanks to having to buy Proteins, Irons and TMs, Hitmonlee's special is too low to make any effective use of its otherwise awesome moveset (oh, for those moves to be physical) and I'm still lacking any STAB moves whatsoever.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Oh, if only your Hitmonlee had Foresight...

Well, at least you won't be sequence breaking and doing Mahogany far earlier than you need to just to find out that, no, you need to have seven badges to enter Ice Path.

Telarus

Buggin' Out
    Years
  • I must say doing bug in r/b/y is grueling. Only to cerulean and I've been getting bored with all the grinding i've had to do with Butterfree, Paras, and Venonat. Arrrrrg.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • ill try this out i'll try out

it red version with electric types.

im gonna hit the first gym hard. haha

any one have some double A batteries?

haha

red>gold> sappire> platinum

i got some batteries and now in red version this is my update

team:
    pickachu level 40
    voltorb level 27
    jolteon level 28

slaves:
    in game trade farfecth'd "dux"fly and cut level 13

stories:
    ok in red brock was soo hard to beat with just a pikachu. in red it dosent learn tail whip only growl and geodude kept using def-curl... i got lucky with two crits on onix though with Quick attack.

misty was nothing...

Lt. surge was rather simple i think pikachu was about at level 30ish around then...

i then caught a voltorb

rock tunnel i black out for the first time since brock.
    some hiker with two geodude and a gravler killed me.

i sent out voltorb the first geodude exploded immediately ko votlorb
    then the geodude 2 came out and i sent out pikachu then killed it with Q-attack after awhile. then gralver came out and i growl it 4 stages then it blew up and pikachu was alread half heath and is still killed me...

once thru the tunnel i went strigh to get the eevee from the know-it-all and evo it to jolteon and then i got fly for dux and went to the hideout

jolteon keeps getting poisoned...

Last edited:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years

• Player: Katie
    Type: Fire
    Badges: 13
    Generation: 2 (Gold)

Continued to pound the fire monotype. Took me like 1 hour to find the surf path to Cianwood City. I wish I had another fire type! Surf totally destroyed Typhlosion during the gym battle. I just sent out my HM Slave Krabby and for whatever reason Poliwrath died. o.O Yeah. Well anyway, I beat Chuck.

Team:
    gbg157.gif

Volcano / Quilava m Lv.41 @ Nothing
    - Swift

- Quick Attack
    - Mud-Slap
    - Ember

Turns out he doesn't know how to attack with Flamethrower to Level 60. Looks like we are going to have to deal with Ember for a while. Maybe Fire Blast if I can get it. But anyway, for now his movepool sucks.

Player: Katie
    Badges: 14

Not much to say. Got to Olivine. Fed Amphy the SecretPowder. Battled Jasmine, defeated with 4 Embers.

Team:
    gbg157.gif

Volcano / Quilava m Lv.42 @ Nothing
    - Swift

- Quick Attack
    - Mud-Slap
    - Ember

Nothing to say. Same as before, 1 level up.

Badges: 15

Worked out great. Typhlosion ran through the rocket base and Lake of Rage easily. Destroyed all ice-types with ease. Typhlosion's moveset is still a loser.

Team:
    gbg157.gif

Volcano / Quilava m Lv.48 @ Nothing
    - Swift

- Quick Attack
    - Mud-Slap
    - Ember

This totally sucks. He's not going to learn another move until Level 60. Crap.

Badges: 16

Typhlosion was completely stomped by dragon types. I got to Blackthorn City and entered Blackthorn Gym - Swifted my way through the trainers, but Dragonair's Thunder Wave + Kingdra's Surf totally destroyed him. But on the 6th try, Dragonair didn't use Thunder Wave so I could just Swift to the win.

Team:
    gbg157.gif

Volcano / Quilava m Lv.56 @ Nothing
    - Swift

- Quick Attack
    - Mud-Slap
    - Ember

He's almost got Flamethrower! But I never got HM Fly, so I have a LLLOOONNNGGG trip back to New Bark Town to get to the Elite Four.

Badges: 16

Typhlosion looked great during the Eltie 4. Flamethrower ran out of PP after the 3rd battle, however luckily I had a Max Ether. Flamethrower is SO MUCH BETTER than Ember. Also, Swift and Quick Attack were great. They really saved my butt during Lance's battle. I won against the E4! Well, I'm almost at Ash, and almost at 3rd gen!

Team:
    gbg157.gif

Volcano / Quilava m Lv.63 @ Nothing
    - Swift

- Quick Attack
    - Mud-Slap
    - Flamethrower

Typhlosion totally kicked butt during the E4. Flamethrower was totally beast - literally unstoppable. Also, Swift and Quick Attack worked great as a combo together. Lastly, Mud-Slap destroyed others, but Earthquake would've been a lot better. Off to Ash!

Last edited:

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Hot n'cold, you must actually get the 16 badges in Gold\silver\Crystal and then beat Red. Looked at the first pages to be sure of this. Page 5, the one that started this said we needed Kanto badges too.

Anyways here's my update.

-Ended(FINALLY) grinding my whole team. Team is finally complete.
    -Nilaf evolved into Gloom
    -Defeated Whitney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW5EbiU5KA4
    -Defeated Sudowoodo and the Kimono Girls

Team:

Dotax F @
    Spr_2s_070.png

Lv 22
    -Vine Whip
    -Growth
    -Wrap
    -Poison Powder

Anyal F @
    Spr_2s_188.png

Lv 23
    -Leech Seed
    -Synthesis
    -Stun Spore
    -Headbutt

Pames F @
    Spr_2s_046.png

Lv 22
    -Scratch
    -Stun Spore
    -Poison Powder
    -Fury Cutter

Nilaf F @
    Spr_2s_044.png

Lv 23
    -Absorb
    -Attract
    -Poison Powder
    -Sleep Powder

Ionam M @
    Spr_2s_102.png

Lv 22
    -Rollout
    -Hypnosis
    -Confusion
    -Leech Seed
    -???

Nathanyiel

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    UPDATE:
    I've actually gotten pretty far ever since Dratini learned Twister.
    -Finally got to level 15, and learned how overpowered twister is with this relatively high level and STAB
    -Beat Falkner, his pidgey went down in one hit and his pidgeotto in 2. He was also stupid enough to use a potion on his pidgeotto to get it up to half health after the first twister. He should have known it was over already.
    -Fought my way down route 32 and through Union Cave
    -In union cave, I obtained the Swift tm, and promptly replaced wrap. Swift is powerful, but not as much as twister is.
    -Got to Azelea town. talked to kurt
    -Kurt went and broke his back before he even reached the first rocket...
    -Beat all the rockets. The last one took 3 twisters to take down his Koffing, but down it went.
    -Got a net ball from Kurt which I am saving for a Seadra
    -Beat Bugsy in his (her?) gym. Cocoons died in one hit, scyther was a challenge. It started with Fury cutter, and I paralyzed it. It took 5 twisters to kill it, and it was fully paralysed three times in a row, then almost killed me with a critical hit. I was faster after its paralysis, though :)
    -Killed my rival, not a scratch on my faithful dratini
    -Got cut, taught it to my sentret HM slave
    -Battled through Ilex forest and up route 34. Got rid of Leer for Dragon Rage.
    -Got to Goldenrod!
    -I couldn't remember what I was supposed to do there, so I took on Whitney.
    -The miltank was horribly crippled by thunder wave, major hax on my part! Every time it started rollout, it was paralyzed!!! Killed in 6 twisters and a swift.

And so the Mighty Miltank fell...I got really lucky :)

Team
    gbs147.gif
    Lv. 24
    -Swift
    -Dragon Rage
    -Thunder Wave
    -Twister

Last edited:
    Years
  • LARGE UPDATE!

Got a large update!
    I trained Squirtle to level 16 (Now obviously a Wartortle). I went to Pewter. Wartortle destroyed Brock easily. Went to Mt. Moon. Walked through it with ease. Beat Misty very easily. Wartortle was then LV. 28. I went to see Bill. What the heck?! Bill was a Rhydon! Well the overworld looks like it. I went back to Cerulean and beat a Rocket. Went to Vermillion. Boarded the SS Anne. When I went on I thought about the truck legend thing. I wonder if it's true. Had no trouble with my Rival due to the fact that Wartortle is highly above the level he was supposed to be. I looked in the garbage can by the old man and it was an unpleasant surprise. I got cut. I left to catch an HM slave. It was a Bellsprout. I went to challenge Lt. Surge. I kept losing. Since when can a Lv 24 Raichu OHKO a level 33 Wartortle? After 3 tries, Wartortle leveled up to 34 and luckily took out Raichu in one hit from Mega Punch. Nothing much happened after that.

Team
    Wartortle Lv 34
    -Bite
    -Mega Punch
    -BubbleBeam
    -Water Gun

And an HM slave Bellsprout! :p

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Fire Mono-Type Challenge Update

OK, so... Nothing really exiting happened today, other than beating Erika and Giovanni.
    Other than that, it's been nothing but grinding Fuego and Fuoco.

Kasai the Charizard - Lv. 41

Ember
    Slash
    Dig
    Seismic Toss

Really, all Kasai needs is Flamethrower in a few levels and something other than Seismic Toss. No idea what, though...

Fuego the Growlithe - Lv. 32

Bite
    Ember
    Take Down
    Leer

Fuego's getting better, but he's still the underdog on my team (No pun intended). When he learned Take Down, I tried using it some, but it drained my Potions like crazy. No idea what his final moveset will be.

Fuoco the Flareon - Lv. 32

Quick Attack
    Ember
    Body Slam
    Sand Attack

I was amazed when Fuoco first attacked. All I had done was use a couple Rare Candies and a Body Slam TM on him, and he nearly OHKOed the first Pokemon he attacked! I've decided on his Final Moveset already, just can't decide between Flamethrower or Fire Spin.

Up next: The second half of Route... I don't have the Town Map in my bag, so I don't know which Route. It's between Lavender and Fuchsia.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years

Badges: 20

I got all the way to Kanto and got really far so far. I beat Lt. Surge easily, beat Sabrina easily, beat Erika easily, and just beat Janine easily. So far, it's going pretty good. I might just finish this challenge! And GrassGiant, I already knew that.

Team:
    gbg157.gif

Volcano / Quilava m Lv.70 @ Nothing
    - Swift

- Quick Attack
    - Mud-Slap
    - Flamethrower

Typhlosion totally destroys. His movepool is alright, if only Mud-Slap was next. If Mud-Slap was replaced by a more powerful move, than his movepool would be totally beast. But for now he's OK.

Nathanyiel

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    This is the biggest update I've done yet, it includes 4 gym badges! As such, it is very condensed.
    -continued north from Goldenrod to Eurekatek, beat sudowudo for exp.
    -Set dogs free
    -Beat Morty
    -Beat all the Kimono girls and got surf
    -continued to olivine, Dratini EVOLVED!!
    -fought up the lighthouse and talked to Jasmine
    -Surfed down to Cianwood
    -Beat Chuck
    -got the meds
    -healed Ampy
    -Beat Jasmine after several tries, her steelix was really strong and I don't have anything super-effective
    -Went through Mt. Mortar
    -Got to Mahogony town
    -Beat the Red Gyarados for exp
    -Beat Team Rocket with the help of Lance!
    Next up...Radio Tower!!

Team
    gbs148.gif
    Lv. 46
    -Slam
    -Dragon Rage
    -Thunder Wave
    -Twister
    I really need to change up this moveset...

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years

Badges: 20

I got all the way to Kanto and got really far so far. I beat Lt. Surge easily, beat Sabrina easily, beat Erika easily, and just beat Janine easily. So far, it's going pretty good. I might just finish this challenge! And GrassGiant, I already knew that.

Team:
    gbg157.gif

Volcano / Quilava m Lv.70 @ Nothing
    - Swift

- Quick Attack
    - Mud-Slap
    - Flamethrower

Typhlosion totally destroys. His movepool is alright, if only Mud-Slap was next. If Mud-Slap was replaced by a more powerful move, than his movepool would be totally beast. But for now he's OK.
    If you really want a powerful attack in place of Mud Slap, why not go for Earthquake? It is obtainable somewhere in the Victory Road, that means you could've got it before the E4.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Hey, hey Wolfser, do you want to post the story or shall I?

Update: Tried to beat Sabrina. Got my butt handed to me.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Okay, sorry, but you said "Off to Ash!" so I thought you didn't. Whatever, here's the update:

Defeated Rival in the Tower http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vsJBHA0fh4
    Defeated Morty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2nES1Gtmq0 (you'll be able to watch it in 40 minutes)
    Pames evolved into Parasect

Team:

Dotax F @
    Spr_2s_070.png

Lv 24
    -Vine Whip
    -Acid
    -Wrap
    -Poison Powder

Anyal F @
    Spr_2s_188.png

Lv 24
    -Leech Seed
    -Synthesis
    -Stun Spore
    -Headbutt

Pames F @
    Spr_2s_047.png

Lv 24
    -Scratch
    -Stun Spore
    -Poison Powder
    -Fury Cutter

Nilaf F @
    Spr_2s_044.png

Lv 25
    -Absorb
    -Attract
    -Poison Powder
    -Acid

Ionam M @
    Spr_2s_102.png

Lv 25
    -Rollout
    -Hypnosis
    -Confusion
    -Leech Seed

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 50 - Crisis Averted aka I Call Hax Shenanigans!

Trainer Name: Seb
    Badges: 8
    Generation: III (on Emerald)

Log:

• Taught Aegis Return. Went to Sootopolis. I quite like the city. It's unique and awesome.
    • Infiltrated the Aqua Hideout. Great. Now Kyogre is awakened as well. Way to freaking go, Archie and Maxie. Way to freaking go.
    • Steven is back. Wallace is here. It's like a party full of awesome. And for some reason, the fate of the world falls in a 10 year old kid's hands! Well, it's on an ecological disaster. It's not like 10 year old kids have stopped evil Pokemon from making clones and taking over the world, and it's not like 10 year old kids have stopped evil teams from killing Pokemon and turning them evil and... oh wait!
    • Awakened Rayquaza. I'm not sure why he can calm down Groudon and Kyogre. Whatever. I'm quite fond of the music playing throughout the "ahh thunderstorm lightning thunder run!" parts, though. Also, Cave of the Origin/Meteor Falls music is still amazing.
    • Time to fight Juan, who is not as awesome as Wallace or Steven. The ice puzzles aren't as difficult as I remember from when I was 7 and I played through Sapphire.
    • Juan battle time. Sent out Aegis. He sends out Luvdisc. Return is a 1HKO? Nice. Sealeo also falls to a Critical Return. That's good. Whiscash set up Rain Dance, which made me nervous. And Return Critical'd again? Nice. Went to Zara for Crawdaunt. Nice and easy with Sky Uppercut. Finally comes Kingdra. Kingdras always end up being total jerks. And of course, it has Swift Swim. And of course it has Double Team. Great. Return did a surprising amount. All the way to the low yellow. Great, Kingdra has Rest as well. Repeat until Rain Dance wears off, so Zara is faster and can KO Kingdra before it Rests. I'll also take the time to say: Fatality! Flawless Victory!
    • Time to go to Ever Grande and the Victory Road. Oh no, it's Wally. It's Aegis against an Altaria. It used Dragonbreath which Paralyzed me! Aegis also couldn't move. No biggie. Just keep attacking... Paralyzed again? This is getting annoying. At least Return KO'd Altaria. Next is Delcatty. This should be easy. What?! I'm Paralyzed and I can't move again? What the- whatever. This should be an easy 1HKO. NUTS. I'M PARALYZED AGAIN. Attack, Aegis! PARALYZED AGAIN? FUDGE. And Aegis is infatuated.
    • Sent out Zara to destroy Wally. Freaking heck. Five times in one battle, and three times in a row, Aegis couldn't move. I didn't have any Full Heals either.
    • Finally arrived at the Pokemon League. Deposited all my HM Slaves.
    • Do you know how fun it is to buy 99 of almost every healing item in the Pokemon League Shop? It's hella fun. I wouldn't consider it cheating, mainly because so far, I've only use maybe 10 (at the very most) of all the healing items in all my playthroughs. I just like spending all my money. I still have more money, but I'll save it for now.
    • Gave out some Rare Candies as rewards like always. Zara has reached past the 200 HP mark. I'm impressed. I actually had to buy Max Potions.
    Team:
    pkrs006.gif

Zara (Level 67)
    - Flamethrower
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Return
    - Earthquake
    pkrs105.gif

Aegis (Level 65)
    - Flamethrower
    - Return
    - Amnesia
    - Toxic

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Haha, after going through nearly 30 pages of posts, the first page is finally updated! If I ever go this long without doing this again, feel free to slap me silly! :P

Quite a few new challengers over the past month, including a noticeable increase in the number of Dragonite teams. Good luck to you all! ^^

And as for me, I'll currently be training some final Pokemon in Diamond, and then I'll most likely be getting into HgSs. Though since I am in the Johto section here in Crystal, I may just restart that leg of my challenge in HeartGold. =D

Years
  • 30 pages? I of course knew this thread is growing fast, but THAT fast?
    Speaking of Dragons
    (I was the first one of the current Dragon trendwave by the way, though I was not the first one to use Dragons), here's my newest update (damn, I have been focussing way too much on Dragon and am forgetting about Bug... But I'm really not in 4th generation mood...):

Player: mondays suck
    Type: Dragon
    Badges: 8

Generation: III (Ruby)

My last Update was when I beat Winona, so I was at Fortree. So, by now I got to Lilycove and did a lot of Team Magma stuff, which was pretty easy, especially when Flygon was fighting. Then, I got the questionable pleasure to have access to the whole huge sea of Hoenn. I didn't even bother to try to clean it from all the trainers, instead I went for the important stuff. First were the twins, they attacked only my defensively stronger Altaria which could take hits like nothing while Flygon's Crunch quickly decimated their team. Next was Maxie in his gave. The Crobat was (surprisingly) the thing that lasted the longest, but it couldn't hurt me, instead it got a lot of hyper Potions to waste my time. The next of the big bosses of this eastern Part of the Hoenn Region was Wallace, and against him I did actually have problems, for the first time in this entire Ruby run since the time I had to beat a Groyvle with a Marshtomb. Flygon OHKOd most stuff, but the Milotic could take an EQ and striked back with Ice Beam. Flygon lived, but got frozen. Next turn, he heals and I don't get thawed up, of course. Next turn, I'm still frozen and it kills Flygon. I bring out Altaria, and it survived somehthing. Used Ice Beam which did a bit more than half. And, of course, frozen again. Great... Well, on my next attempt he was easy because this time Milotic didn't get any Hax and Flygon OHKOd all the rest.
    Saved.
    Not sure whether I should get a Bagon, it's already pretty late but Salamence might be a good addition to my team... and otherwise it would be the only Dragon I did not use in this challenge.

Team:
    Spr_3r_334.png

Tyltalis / Altaria f Lv.54 @ King's Rock
    Gentle Nature / Natural Cure

- Ice Beam
    - Dragonbreath
    - Aerial Ace
    - Sing
    Accidentally didn't teach Perish Song... I might be regretting this mistake.
    Spr_3r_330.png

Omnom / Flygon f Lv.53 @ King's Rock
    Lonely Nature / Levitate

- Crunch
    - Dragonbreath
    - Flamethrower
    - Earthquake
    It could live Milotic's Ice Beam, so maybe the battle against Glacia will not be completely hopeless, since Flygon also has very good attacking power.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back