• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Oh yeah Alakazam, remove Boblecon from GRass on first page, as it was my old name. Thanks
Here's the update so:

Anyal evolved into Jumpluff
Met Jasmine and her hurt Amphy
Defeated Chuck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sRXWs0qhlQ
Gave Jasmine the SecretPotion
Defeated Jasmine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxOP5ZcPtH4

Team:

Dotax F @
Spr_2s_070.png

Lv 28
-Vine Whip
-Acid
-Wrap
-Poison Powder

Anyal F @
Spr_2s_189.png

Lv 28
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis
-Stun Spore
-Headbutt

Pames F @
Spr_2s_047.png

Lv 28
-Scratch
-Spore
-Dig
-Fury Cutter

Nilaf F @
Spr_2s_044.png

Lv 28
-Absorb
-Attract
-Poison Powder
-Acid

Ionam M @ Berry
Spr_2s_102.png

Lv 28
-Rollout
-Hypnosis
-Confusion
-Leech Seed

Medli

I am Error.
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 51 - Dark and Ghost aka Rant Against the Elite Four

Trainer Name: Seb
Badges: 8
Generation: III (on Emerald)

Battle Against Sydney:

• All the following music and themes are among my favorites from Pokemon. I love them so much, and they hold a lot of nostalgia for me. I absolutely love the Elite Four battle theme, and I like the little tune that plays before the Champion fight.
  • Geez. Do I really need to log in anything? I just swept the entire team with Zara. If you started out with a Blaziken, you have no right no say that this fight is hard. None. But I like Sydney, honestly. He uses Dark types, which is an automatic win. And all his Pokemon are different, which is more than what most of the other Elite Four can say. Honestly, that's always bugged me about every single Pokemon game. I wish games can go outside the region's Pokedex and pick Pokemon outside. Give Drake a Dragonite or something and please get rid of Glacia's general monotony. The worst part about the Hoenn Elite Four is not fully evolved Pokemon. At least it's not like that's happened before with Champions in the past... oh wait, it has!
  • Well, at least it's not like they made a Fire type Elite Four member in Sinnoh where there is only, what? 2 Fire types not counting Houndoom? Yeah, at least that hasn't happened... OH WAIT. YES IT HAS.
  • Wait. Forgot about Flareon and Magmortar. Wait, can you even get Magmar? I not familiar with Platinum (never played it), but you could probably get it there. But what about Diamond and Pearl? Either way, Flint has 2 Fire types in the first runthrough of D/P. What the heck.
Battle Against Phoebe:

• I could never pronounce her name when I was younger. I always called her "foe-beh." It reminds me of when I couldn't pronounce "Sootopolis City." I always pronounced it "soot-oh-poe-lis." Hahaha!
  • I sent out Aegis and I planned to sweep using him, since he can resist all the Earthquakes and Ghost attacks.
  • I hate Dusclops and their Protects and Confuse Rays. Geez, I used up all my Flamethrower PP. Stupid Ghosts and their immunity to Return.
  • It wasn't a total OHKO sweep, but Aegis still did pretty good.
Y'know, why not? This is pretty easy. Let's get the rest of the Elite Four out of the way.

----

Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 52 - Ice and Dragon

Battle Against Glacia:

• You already know how much I hate Glacia because she has a grand total of 2 evolution lines on her team and not fully evolved ones, too.
  • I love how Zara could also beast this entire team, but, nah. I wanted Aegis to get some experience. But I let Zara OHKO Walrein, which was nice. I love Glalie, and Walrein is cool, too. But, geez. It's so boring.
Battle Against Drake:

• I'm expecting an interesting fight. Does he have a Kingdra? He probably does. Oh shoot. Wallace better not have a Kingdra. He better not. I'm not looking up the teams because, well, there's no fun in that.
  • Sent up Zara against Shelgon. Return did more than I thought. Must have something to do with the overleveling. Luckily, Rock Tomb missed, and I finished it off.
  • Flygon is up next. I assumed that it had Earthquake, so I switched to Aegis. He can take 3, which is pretty nice, I guess. I wanted to get a Toxic in just in case, but he missed twice. Sob. And Earthquake Critical'd. Sob. Finally got the Toxic in. Got a Return in, which also did more than I expected. But Drake Full Restored up. Darn it. I just went for the Return, which Critical'd into the red. Aegis is in the red as well, but Return finished off Flygon.
  • Crap. It's Salamence. Went back to Zara. Crap. I forgot it had Intimidate. I'm actually faster than it, but Return doesn't do much. At the same time, Dragon Claw isn't doing much either. Actually, instead of using Zara, I'm going to heal up Aegis. Return did a little more with Aegis, not much. Since it was in the yellow, I used a Flamethrower, since Return probably won't KO it, but that actually did more than I would have liked and brought Salamence to the red. Ugh. Wait, he didn't heal? YES.
  • Crap. It's Kingdra. Back to Zara we go. Oh crap it has Surf and oh crap it critical'd. I guess back to Aegis. It's going to the yellow. Sob. I don't want to stall him out of PP, so I Max Revive'd Zara. Sorry, Aegis! I decided to use Return, hoping for a Critical. Didn't get it. Wait, he used Dragon Dance? Wut? I tried for another Return, but he was faster than me. He used a Surf which... is a 3HKO? No way! I finished him off with a Return.
  • And Altaria was just plain easy. Lol. It Dragon Danced up but I was still faster than it. 2HKO.
  • I'm scared of Wallace. Sob.
Team:
Nothing new. Both gained a level. I'm keeping a Sunny Day TM just in case the Wallace fight ends terribly and I end up being forced to use Sunny Day of all things to weaken Water moves. Y'know, I could have grinded and trained more. Outside of trainers, I have not trained against any wild Pokemon, except in the beginning with Torchic and maybe two levels on Torkoal. That's it. I could have used Rare Candies to boost my levels to the 70s (I have enough, for one Pokemon, at least), and I could have grinded and grinded and grinded. I could have just beasted my through with Zara and OHKOd that Kingdra. But, no. I like this suspense. Makes this challenge a lot more interesting.

I just really, really hope I don't end up eating my words and getting destroyed by Wallace. :/

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
'Zam, you have me listed in Johto twice, once for water and once for flying. I'm only doing Flying.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
time to update my rock challenge.

- So I chose Bulbasaur as a starter seeing cause I like it the most.
- I defeated Brock easily with Bulbasaur.
- got to Mt.Moon and caught a Geodude.
- Trained it.
- Got to Cerulean City
- Defeated Misty (with the help of Ivysaur, however)
- Defeated Rival

I'm now in Bill's house.

Team:
Spr_3f_075.png

Lv.26
~Mega Punch
~Magnitude
~Rock Throw
~Rock Tomb

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years

Player: Katie
Type: Fire
Badges: 24
Generation: 2 (Gold)

I'm doing great in this fire monotype. I defeated all gyms easily on my first try except for blue, who's Gyarados / Rain Dance + Hydro Pump and Arcanine / Extremespeed combo totally wrecked me. I beat him on about the 20th try. Off to Ash! And for real this time!

Team:
gbg157.gif

Volcano / Typhlosion m Lv.78 @ Nothing
- Swift

- Quick Attack
- Mud-Slap
- Flamethrower

Same moves as always. I'm too lazy to go to Victory Road and get Earthquake, so it looks like we got Mud-Slap. But whatever. He's totally beast, especially Flamethrower.

Badges: 24
Generation: 2 (Gold)

Beat Ash on my second turn. On the first time, I got crushed by Blastoise + Snorlax. I finished Gen 2!

Team:
gbg157.gif

Volcano / Typhlosion m Lv.78 @ Nothing
- Swift

- Quick Attack
- Mud-Slap
- Flamethrower

Same moves. Flamethrower, Swift, and Quick Attack were really great during the whole Ash battle.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
30 pages? I of course knew this thread is growing fast, but THAT fast?
If it was any less I'd have had an easier time finding the time to update everything. XD

Which is why I intend to update this thing at the same time that I update the WiFi Tournament. That way this'll never happen again. ^^

And I editted those things, raekuul & GrassGiant. =)

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years

Badges: 25
Generation: 3 (Ruby)

Continued my fire monotype in Generation 3 - Pokemon Ruby. This is really great! I'm going pretty fast! Torchic > Combusken is pretty great. I only wish that he evolved earlier. I beat Roxanne easily, with 6 Kicks - or 3 Double Kicks. So far, I'm doing really great, and so is Blaze!

Team:
pkrs005.gif

Blaze / Combusken m Lv.18 @ Nothing
Brave Nature / Blaze
- Scratch
- Peck
- Double Kick
- Ember
Torchic > Combusken is a totally great Pokemon. It's movepool is totally diverse - I already have Normal, Flying, Fighting, and Fire moves after raising Torchic 13 levels. I think this will be really succesful.

Badges: 26

Continued my fire monotype in Generation 3. So far I am doing really well. I got all the way to Dewford Town. However, the only problem is that Combusken isn't totally overleveled, which will be a total problem. Either way, I defeated Brawly and attacked him easily with 4 Pecks, and I easily destroyed him, even going in to the battle with 31/60.
Team:
pkrs005.gif

Blaze / Combusken m Lv.21 @ Nothing
Brave Nature / Blaze
- Rock Tomb
- Peck
- Double Kick
- Ember
Combusken is really great. His movepool is totally amazing. Rock Tomb = beast, Peck = beast, Double Kick = double beast + STAB, and Ember = beast + STAB. He rocks.

Badges: 27

Continued on my fire monotype. I got all the way to Wattson, and crushed him. I got all the way to Brandon, totally smashed his face into ground, then took on Wattson, and crushed him using Ember and Double Kick.

Team:
pkrs005.gif

Blaze / Combusken m Lv.30 @ Nothing
Brave Nature / Blaze
- Rock Tomb
- Peck
- Double Kick
- Ember

He really rocks, and hes almost a Blaziken. Ember will be immediately replaced by Blaze Kick, then Blaziken will be almost unstoppable. He is really great. He is going to the best out of 3.

Badges: 28

Continued on my fire monotype. After defeating Wattson, I totally destroyed every trainer that was in my way. I got to Fiery Path, caught Numel at LV15 and Torkoal at LV16. I really focused on Torkoal, and it worked out. I gotta start working on Numel. Well, I beat Flannery on my second time around after dumping off my HM Slaves (Zigzagoon + Shroomish).

Team:
pkrs005.gif

Blaze / Combusken m Lv.35 @ Nothing
Brave Nature / Blaze
- Quick Attack
- Peck
- Double Kick
- Ember
ALMOST A BLAZIKEN! I was way too focused on Torkoal that I didn't have a chance to raise Blaze at all, and that is why he hasn't evolved yet.

pkrs105.gif

Coal / Torkoal f Lv.33 @ Nothing
Mild Nature / White Smoke
- Flamethrower
- Smog
- Body Slam
- Protect
He is basically a total beast. Flamethrower is so much better than Ember. It is a total beastly move. It has a graet movepool as well. Pretty great, SP. ATK is really high.

pkrs101.gif

Eruption / Numel f Lv.18 @ Rawst Berry
Mild Nature / Oblivious
- Growl
- Tackle
- Ember
- -
Not much to say... just caught him, at he's not that great. Not much to say either way. He's OK.

Last edited:

Medli

I am Error.
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 53 - Fire and Water aka YES

Battle Against Wallace:

• Epic finale against an awesome person. My strategy is to just keep Zara alive. Her attack is way higher than Aegis, and I need her to take out that Milotic I'm fearing. To do that, I need some strategic playing luck with Aegis.
  • First up is Wailord. I'm assuming that it has Water Spout, and I need to take it out before it wrecks all over my team. I sent out Zara who can hit the fastest and the hardest. Return got it in the low yellow, while it used Double Edge. It didn't do a horrible amount, but more than I would have liked. Return finished it.
  • Next up is Ludicolo, who I could probably finish off quickly, but I'm positive it has Surf or something like that, and this battle is about the preservation of Zara, so I went to Aegis. Shoot. It has Double Team. Return doesn't do much either. I don't want it to be a battle against accuracy, so I tried for a Toxic and... failed. It then started using Surf. I'm slower than it so I can't get an attack off and I don't want Zara to get hurt. So... insert Potion spamming while stalling. I finally got the Toxic in and Ludicolo used Leech Seed. Insert random turns of Potion spamming, Amnesia-ing, and waiting for Ludicolo to get into KO range with Return. Unfortunately, he was finally healed up, and Ludicolo actually ran out of PP. After a few struggles with accuracy, Return finally cut it through.
  • Up next is Tentacruel. I have full Amnesias up. I don't expect Aegis to last until Milotic to take full advantage of them. Whatever. Insert annoying struggle between getting poisoned, healing, and using Return. It basically goes on for way too long. Luckily, Hydro Pump does nothing thanks to the Amnesias. Hahaha!
  • Great. It's Whiscash. Used Toxic on him. Unfortunately, Leech Seed is still on me, which is just a constant annoyance. Similar to the rest of the fight, I had to use Potions while waiting for Toxic to get his health low enough. Finally finished it off.
  • Oh boy. It's Gyarados. Crap. It has Earthquake! Why didn't I see that coming? Aegis fainted and I sent in Zara. I don't have a turn to use to heal up Aegis, and I don't think I'll get that turn anytime soon, since it'll end up being an endless loop of Reviving without getting anywhere, and I don't think I have enough Revives for that (I didn't buy too many of them). Took my chance and went with a Return. It Critical'd. Nice.
  • Nonono. It's Milotic. I went for the Return, which brought it to the yellow. She used a Surf, which really had be worried. Luckily, I still had 80 health left. I was ready to finish it off with a Return, but its Sitrus Berry activated, and I wasn't sure if Return could finish it. Took my chances, went for it, and... it worked! Milotic done! I wone without using free switch-ins, over grinding, and only spammed 30 Hyper Potions and no Revives. I feel very satisfied.
  • The ending is also very satisfying. One of my favorites out of Pokemon.
Team:
pkrs006.gif

Zara (Level 68)
- Flamethrower
- Sky Uppercut
- Return
- Earthquake
pkrs105.gif

Aegis (Level 66)
- Flamethrower
- Return
- Amnesia
- Toxic

----

Hooray for unnecessarily long, annoying logs. Surprisingly, that was my first try, and my first time beating Wallace as a Champion. I was expecting a ton of failed attempts. I'm actually not going to go to Sinnoh yet. I want to do a little post-game stuff, namely the fight with Steven because, well, I can.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years

Badges: 29

Continued on my fire monotype. After defeating Flannery, I totally grinded Numel to its near death. I battled so many wild Pokemon and so many other trainers. I finally got him ALMOST caught up, But once he volves, I can actually focus on all of the others.

Team:
pkrs005.gif

Blaze / Combusken m Lv.35 @ Nothing
Brave Nature / Blaze
- Quick Attack
- Peck
- Double Kick
- Ember
Stupid Slakings kept using Yawn, so I had to switch back and forth between Torkoal and Combusken.

pkrs105.gif

Coal / Torkoal f Lv.34 @ Nothing
- Flamethrower
- Smog
- Body Slam
- Protect
She totally pizzowns everybody and everything in it's way. Her moveset is totally unstoppable.

pkrs101.gif

Eruption / Numel f Lv.28 @ Rawst Berry
Mild Nature / Oblivious
- Overheat
- Tackle
- Ember
- Magnitude
I have to say, she is actually pretty good. Better moves would be nice, but for now his moves are OK and do pretty good.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Fire Mono-Type Challenge Update

Once again, nothing to say much. Just spent most of the day grinding against Trainers. Beat Koga near the end, though. (P.S: Forgot to mention last post that I rescued Mr. Fuji and got the Poke Flute.)

Kasai the Charizard - Lv. 42

Ember
Slash
Dig
Seismic Toss

Kasai is, regrettably, no longer over-leveled. I really need to teach him something other than Seismic Toss. Considering Counter, but I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Fuego the Growlithe - Lv. 40

Bite
Ember
Take Down
Leer

Leer + Bite is working pretty well, but most Pokemon are still taking 2-3 Bites even after a leer. I have no idea whatsoever what the final moveset will be. I'm thinking of replacing Take Down with Skull Bash. What do you suggest?

Fuoco the Flareon - Lv. 40

Ember
Bite
Take Down
Sand Attack

Once Fuoco learns Fire Spin, I'll use the Toxic TM on him. Seems like a good combo.

Next: The Liberation of Silph Co.

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Lt. Surge down. Thank Arceus for Gligar being a Gen II Flying/Ground combo.

Nathanyiel

It seems you lost the game...
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
All right, this is a sizeable update...
-First, I went back to the Whirl Islands and caught a horsea, for obvious reasons. I did some grinding on it until it evolved to Seadra, at which point I traded it with the dragon scale from Mt. Mortar to evolve it.
-Once it was lv. 35, I took down the radio tower with it as training.
-I then proceeded to the Ice Path, which was an annoying little puzzle...on a side note, I had never seen a delibird before three appeared in a row this time o.0
-Beat Clair upon reaching Blackthorn city, and went to the dragon's den.
-returned to Elm to get the master ball and whatnot. Used said masterball to catch a poliwag as my waterfall and whirlpool hm slave :P
-got to the bottom of the whirl islands and beat Lugia with my Kingdra for exp.
-Did some grinding until my Kingdra and Dragonair were lv. 55. My Dragonair evolved to Dragonite!!!

Now off to the E4 in Kanto!!!

Also, @mondays suck, I didn't realize there was a dragon trendwave when I started or I would have chosen something else. I just saw there was only one dragon on the front page and decided to give it a go. However, since I'm so far already I'll just stick through to the end.

EDIT:
reached the Elite 4! Victory road brought nostalgia from a day or two ago...

Team
gbs149.gif
Lv. 57
-Twister
-Wing Attack
-Icy Wind
-Iron Tail
My main powerhouse. I changed up the moveset for more coverage
gbs230.gif
Lv. 57
-Dragonbreath
-Smokescreen
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
Smokescreen is due to limited movepool. As such, I taught it the move powerful Dragonbreath to help it hold it's own. Hydro Pump is for extra power. All in all, a good addition to the team.

Will: Utterly destroyed by Kingdra. Actually sent Kingdra out first on accident, but it ended up not mattering till the end when his Xatu got major hax and Kingdra hurt itself in its confusion 5 times in a row and fainted. Dragonite finished the job though, and I revived Kingdra after the battle.

Koga: Dragonite swept. Koga is unfortunately fond of bug-types, which wing attack killed. Crobat died to icy wind.

Bruno: Accidentaly sent out Kingdra first again. However, surf still killed Hitmontop, then I switched back to Dragonite and killed the rest with wing attack and back to surf with Kingdra for onix.

Karen: Beat with Kingdra's surf except for Umbreon, Which I used hydro pump on because of it's excellent defenses, and Murkrow which took an icy wind to the face from Dragonite.

Lance: Destroyed by dragonite. His three dragonites went down to icy wind, and gyarados died to an iron tail and a twister.

RETURN TO KANTO!

-Got on the SS Aqua, completed the sidequest.
-Arrived in Vermillion. Floundered around the gym looking for switches until i realized there were no doors in this game...epic fail on my part, I was looking around for like 5 minutes...
-Surge was a challenging battle. He almost took out my kingdra because it was paralyzed, so I switched to dragonite. It took at least two hits to kill each of his pokemon, which was quite a change, even from the elite 4.
-Moved up to Saffron. Visited sliph co. ahh...the memories...none of them good...
-Beat Sabrina easily. She got one psychic in on me with her alakazam, but after beating it Dragonite learned outrage in place of Twister!!
-Went up to Cerulean, then turned east to the power plant. after talking to the manager, returned to Cerulean and got the machine part, and returned it to the manager at the power plant.
-Broke up Misty's lovefest at the end of route 24, then beat her in the gym with Kingdra's dragonbreath.
-Moved on to Celedon City.
-Destroyed Erika with Kingdra's dragonbreath.
-Went to Lavender town.
-Fought my way down to Fuscia City.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2010
Restarting with Normal type. Poison type worked fine but i forgot to port over my save when I left my house :/ Restarting on Yellow. Going to use Rattata to start off.

Last edited:

Telarus

Buggin' Out
Years
  • Age 31
  • Utah
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
Got my team of Parasect (Mimic, 30), Venomoth (Neomoth, 31), and Butterfree (Frank, 29). Just got out of dark cave, finally. Hate that place. Finally got around to actually playing a bit.

Years
Player: mondays suck
Type: Dragon

Generation: III (Ruby)

I decided to get a Salamence, so I first looked up where to get the Exp.Share and got it. Then went to Meteor Falls and caught Bagons. With the Master Ball and Ctrl+R. I wanted one with either +Atk (obvious) or +Sp.Def nature so it can survive Ice attacks, and - of course - I got a gentle one again.
Saved in front of Victory Road after beating some trainers (Bagon evolved) and having some moveset changes.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

^I hate automatical spoiler splitting

Update:

Player: mondays suck
Type: Dragon

Generation: III (Ruby)

As you can probably guess from above, I beat the Elite 4 now. After passing Victory Road, I first did some grinding, and when Shelgon was at level 45, I decided I was not in grinding mood anymore. So I saved, fed the 11 Rare Candies I had collected throughtout the game to it, and went into Sidney's room, just to see how far I can get. And I got far.
E_Sidney.png
Pretty easy. Because of Intimidate, I didn't Brick Break the Mightyena with Salamence, I used Dragon Claw instead. Then switched to Flygon which OHKOd the Cacturne and the Sharpedo. Salamence easily defeated the rest then, even though Shrifty could take a hit (but it used Double Team and I didn't miss the next turns (turns because of the Full Restore that was used the next turn))
E_Phoebe.png
I always have problems against her, but this time it was different. Flygon OHKOd both Dusclops with Crunch, failed to OHKo the first Banette, but still beat it and somehow killed the Sableye because of its inferior stats. I let Salamence deal with the last Banette. It beat it, but got poisoned. So, after the battle, I used a Hyper Potion on Flygon and a Full Heal on Salamence.
E_Glacia.png
As expected, she caused problems. But not as much as expected. Salamence could barely not OHKO the Glalies and Sealeos. The first 2 of them wasted their time doing something else. The second Sealeo OHKOd Salamence with Ice Beam (stupid useless +Sp.D nature, I should have really went with +Atk instead...), but died to something from Flygon. The Glalie couldn't OHKO Altaria, so I revived Salamence, weakened it, and again KOd with Flygon. Walrein was harder, here I had to use some more revives. But since I had 2 Pokemon left when it came in, it wasn't that hard to beat. As soon as one of its Blizzards missed, Salamence reentered the battle in the next turn and did some serious damage to it. Luckily, it was out of Blizzard PP at that time and decided to use Body Slam (doesn't it have Ice Beam?), which did nothing due to Intimidate. Another Brick Break KOd. Revived whatever was still dead (I think it was Flygon) and healed my team after the battle.
E_Drake.png
Salamence OHKOd the Shelgon with Dragon Claw, Altaria OHKOd anything else with Ice Beam. Easiest of the Elite 4.
RS_Steven.png
Flygon couldn't OHKO Skarmory, which set up some useless Spikes in its only turn in which it didn't get Full Restore'd. Next was Aggron, it got OHKOd. Next was Metagross, which did some really serious damage to Flygon with Meteor Mash (probably it was a crit, but I'm not sure) after surviving an Earthquake. The next turn, it died. Steven's next Pokemon, Claydol, was by far more annyoing. Because of the Light Screen it soon set up, Altaria could only maybe 4HKO with Ice Beam, and Claydol got a lot of Full Restores. Toxic helped to wear it down. Next was Cradily. Salamence got rid of the Screens and 2HKOd it at the cost of some minor damage by Ancient Power (thanks to Intimidate). His last Pokemon, Armaldo, was the hardest (of his team, not of the entire E4 (that would of course be Walrein) of course), even though it was by far not as annoying as Claydol. It took a lot less than Cradily from Brick Break (about 1/3, I forgot about its Bug typing) and because of its way higher attack compared to Cradily, it KOd Salamence with Ancient Power. But Flygon's Earthquake did surprisingly much and KOd.

288nkux_th.png

I didn't even notice I forgot to deposit the slaves, but I didn't use them anyways. Otherwise I would have had a lot less problems against Walrein, but even if I would have done it, it would have been even less fair than my Revive-abusing already was. Oh well, she had an unfair advatage of all my Pokemon being 4x weak to hers as well :D

Team (funny how not just all of them are Dragons, in fact all of them are female Dragons with -Defense natures and a 4x Ice weak):
Spr_3r_334.png

Tyltalis / Altaria f Lv.60 @ King's Rock
Gentle Nature / Natural Cure

- Ice Beam
- Dragonbreath
- Aerial Ace
- Toxic
I didn't use it very much in the Elite 4, except for the Drake battle where it reigned surpreme. While Altaria was offensively not as good as Flygon or later Salamence, its superior defenses made it equally useful to the others.
Spr_3r_330.png

Omnom / Flygon f Lv.60 @ King's Rock
Lonely Nature / Levitate

- Crunch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
Probably my MVP, since I obtained Salamence way too late, in fact I never used it in a battle outside the Elite 4.
Spr_3r_373.png

Salami / Salamence f Lv.57 @ /
Gentle Nature / Intimidate

- Dragon Claw
- Headbutt
- Brick Break
- Fly
Horrible moveset, but that did not really matter since Brick Break and Dragon Claw were already enough to take care of stuff. During the Elite 4 this was my best Pokemon, but due to the reasons mentioned in Flygon's comment, this is my LVP.

Last edited:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years

Badges: 30

Continued on my fire monotype. After defeating Norman, I decided I really needed to raise Numel. It really paid off, because on the routee leading to Winona, she evolved into a Camerupt, and WHOA, is he great. Well anyway, I beat Winona easily with Blaziken (Blaze Kick), Torkoal (Flamethrower + Body Slam), and Camerupt (Overheat + Rock Slide). Also, along the way, I CAUGHT A SHINY ODDISH!!!

Team:
pkrs006.gif

Blaze / Blaziken m Lv.37 @ Nothing
Brave Nature / Blaze
- Quick Attack
- Peck
- Double Kick
- Blaze Kick
He finally evolved to a Blaziken. It was pretty cool when he evolved. He learned Blaze Kick, and turned into a total beast. He has 115 Attack and 90 Special Attack. His movepool is pretty decent as well. Peck is an alright move, but could be changed - I think I will change it then.

pkrs105.gif

Coal / Torkoal f Lv.37 @ Nothing
- Flamethrower
- Smog
- Body Slam
- Protect
She is actually really great. Flamethrower is great, even though she has 78 Special Attack, but it also has STAB. Also, Body Slam is good because she has 108 Attack, and even without STAB it's quite powerful.

pkrs102.gif

Eruption / Camerupt f Lv.37 @ Rawst Berry
Mild Nature / Oblivious
- Overheat
- Strength
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Her movepool has turned totally awesome. Strength is more powerful than Torkoal's Body Slam. Earthquake is really great, and Rock Slide is a good move against Flying types. He's going to be really great.

Jacobguy26

Crobat Master
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2012
I beat the monotype for Blue a while back, with water!

So now I am Mono-typing Crystal

My Team so far:

Feraligator- 35
Slowpoke- 31
Krabby-20 (Just caught to little guy)

Ill take it from the top, I got totodile (Krok), beasted my way through sprout tower and falkner.

Krok evolved into Croconaw

Caught a slowpoke (Speedy) who i raised til it learned confusion. Beat Bugsy (Wata name)

Beat Silver and his stupid annoying Bayleef

Took out Whitney and her REALLY ANNOYING MILTANK

Ran up to Ecruteak and massacred that ghost dude (Morty?)

Got surf and went to Cianwood via Olivine where I inevitably caught Krabs. (Hehehe)

Krok evolved again to Feraligator

Knocked out Brawly (Thanks Speedy and your psychicness)

Got Fly and taught it to my spearow, got the medicine and took it to Amphy.

Fought Jasmine, her magnemite took out Speedy and Krabs, then Krok surf spamed them and murdered her Steelix.

That is where I take a break.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years

Badges: 31

Continued on my fire monotype. After defeating Winona, I trained all my Pokemon to level 40 and continued to Lilycove. This was pretty easy, seeing as the road toward Lilycove is filled with trainers! I got to Lilycove and searched for TMs, but it didn't work. Surfed to Mossdeep and trained. Went to battle Tate & Liza, and defeated them on my 3rd try. Stupid Solrock & Lunatone! The problem I have during this game is that my Pokemon aren't severely overleveled, unlike usual. Crap.

Team:
pkrs006.gif

Blaze / Blaziken m Lv.42 @ Nothing
Brave Nature / Blaze
- Slash
- Aerial Ace
- Double Kick
- Blaze Kick
Pretty great moves right now. His Double Kick really aided in the battle versus those girls. Aerial ace is a lot better than Peck and Slash is better than Quick Attack.

pkrs105.gif

Coal / Torkoal f Lv.42 @ Rawst Berry
- Flamethrower
- Smog
- Body Slam
- Protect

The moves aren't changing at all, even though they are pretty good. Flamethrower is great, and Body Slam rocks. Protect is good too, but Smog should be replaced by something better later on.

pkrs102.gif

Eruption / Camerupt f Lv.40 @ Soft Sand
Mild Nature / Oblivious
- Overheat
- Strength
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Earthquake didn't serve a part because they both have Levitate. But anyway, Overheat is really great. I think I actually should've taught Overheat to Torkoal, because of White Smoke.

Badges: 32

Continued on my fire monotype. After defeating Tate & Liza, I got to the Taem Magma place underground and totally destroyed all of the Magma grunts and admins, as well as Maxie. Then I got to Wallace. I was totally owned about 50 times in a row. Then finally I got lucky and his Milotic was dead. My Pokemon are way to severely underleved - I don't know if I will beat the Elite 4!

Team:
pkrs006.gif

Blaze / Blaziken m Lv.48 @ Soft Sand
Brave Nature / Blaze
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Double Kick
- Blaze Kick
Awesome moves. Soft Sand + Earthquake is a really great combination. Everything works perfectly with his moves - Blaze Kick, Double Kick, and Earthquake are awesome moves. He is definately the best in my team.

pkrs105.gif

Coal / Torkoal f Lv.44 @ Rawst Berry
- Flamethrower
- Smog
- Body Slam
- Protect

The moves aren't changing at all, even though they are pretty good. Flamethrower rocks as always, and her attack is amazingly high so Body Slam is great.

pkrs102.gif

Eruption / Camerupt f Lv.44 @ Hard Stone
Mild Nature / Oblivious
- Overheat
- Strength
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
He is my main Physical Attacker. His movepool is alright, but a less powerful Fire attack with more PP would be great. Hard Stone + Rock Slide is awesome, as well as Earthquake + STAB.

Badges: 32

Continued on my fire monotype. After defeating Wallace, I went to Victory Road. After getting to the end, I battled Wally, and lost on my first 2 tries, but won on my last (3rd). Finally, I got to the Ever Grande League area and my Pokemon were severly underleveled (Blaziken - Lv52, Camerupt - Lv46, Torkoal - Lv46). I decided to MegaTrain Blaziken and Camerupt, and leave Torkoal as revive fodder. I bought 9 Full Restores and 9 Revives. They were enough, because I did well during the Elite Four.

Sidney - Blaziken 1HKO'd all with Double Kick
Phoebe - Blaziken + Camerupt 1 or 2HKO'd all with Blaze Kick or Earthquake
Glacia - Blaziken + Camerupt 1 or 2HKO'd all with Blaze Kick, Double Kick, or Eruption
Drake - Flygons 1 or 2HKO'd by Double Kick, Salamence 2HKO'd by Rock Slide, Shelgon 2HKO'd by Double Kick, Altaria 3HKO'd by Double Kick + Aerial Ace
Steven - Skarmory 1HKO'd by Flamethrower from Torkoal, Aggron 1HKO'd by Earthquake from Blaziken, Metagross 1HKO'd by Earthquake from Blaziken, Armaldo 2HKO'd by Double Kick from Blaziken, Claydol 2HKO'd by Blaze Kick from Blaziken, Cradily 2HKO'd by Blaze Kick from Blaziken

Team:
pkrs006.gif

Blaze / Blaziken m Lv.63 @ Soft Sand
Brave Nature / Blaze
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Double Kick
- Blaze Kick
Awesome moves at the end, Blaze Kick + Double Kick are totally beast, and Earthquake is totally powered up by Soft Sand. Aerial Ace is really bad though, I didn't use it at all.

pkrs105.gif

Coal / Torkoal f Lv.47 @ Rawst Berry
- Flamethrower
- Heat Wave
- Body Slam
- Protect

Not much to say, Had 1 kill during the Elite Four, Steven's Skarmory with Flamethrower. He was my Revive Fodder. I didn't use him except for once.

pkrs102.gif

Eruption / Camerupt f Lv.58 @ Hard Stone
Mild Nature / Oblivious
- Overheat
- Strength
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Was my main physical attacker, and was really a huge impact. Earthquake is a great move, as well as Rock Slide because it was powered up by Hard Stone. Eruption was also really great.

Last edited:

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Here's the update!

Saved Radio Tower from Rocket
Got Silver Wing
Went through Ice Path
Grinded my team
Deposited Pames as I was not finding her good enough
Defated Clair and got the Dragon Fang http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSdLku5l-XQ
Received Masterball which will be of no use
Arrived in Kanto

Team:

Dotax F @
Spr_2s_070.png

Lv 42
-Razor Leaf
-Sludge Bomb
-Wrap
-Poison Powder

Anyal F @ Amulet Coin
Spr_2s_189.png