• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

The Red Chain

Also Ancient snakes had legs but lost them over time in real life with evolution...
    I know that, and it makes sense. But why do you have to take away how awesome Tsutaaja used to look?
    You may call it nit-picking, but I call it necessary. D:

Good thing there's a solution if they are real : Everstone. :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I know that, and it makes sense. But why do you have to take away how awesome Tsutaaja used to look?
    You may call it nit-picking, but I call it necessary. D:

Good thing there's a solution if they are real : Everstone. :3
    Well they have done that to other pokemon too look at Lotad no smile, until it's last form, Tsutarja is the opposite it loses it's Smile...Well I like it so no Everstone for me plus we need them for the pokedex :P

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Some guy on the pokebeach forums was posting this does anyone see anything actually wrong with this?

Years
  • Pokéxperto:

""En la Quinta Generación contaremos con

649 pokémon

Bienvenidos a la Generación más prolija en Pokémon de la historia:

156 pokémon

La PokéDex de Isshu alcanzará el número 155, contando a Victini como #000."

Isshu--> 156 new pokémon
    Total--> 649

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I read some stuff on pokebeach forums this person made me think that they are in fact fake:
    "These are sooo fake, I can name at plenty of reasons why they are:

Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread
    (here is the anime leak for comparison)

Wotter's 2nd Stage:

-THE MOUTH, if you look in the anime leak, it's curved like this: "3", in the evolution's art-in-question the mouth was incorrectly made a "<", which is the way Wotter's mouth is designed, also the ears are too big and a bit more pointy.

Smugleaf's 2nd Stage:

-The shading, look on the abdomen, in the anime leak the shading only extends to the feet, while in the artwork being discussed it goes all the way across.
    -The darker green near the eye ends in a point that goes downwards in the anime leak, where as in this it curls back, also it gets closer to the lip in the anime leak than it does in the rumored image.
    -A WHOLE LINE is missing in it's collar, in the anime leak a "crease" directly in the center of each of the visible neck appendage.

Baycon's 2nd Stage:

-Nothing I can really point out as false, though the transition from a ball tail to a puffy one doesn't make sense . . . . .
    -THE SECOND FINGER ON THE RIGHT HAND IS INCORRECTLY COLORED YELLOW

Wotter's 3rd Stage:

. . . seriously, do you see ANY relevance between the two designs? At all? All of the past starter 3rd stages were easily traceable to their pre-evolution, this looks nothing like the 2nd stage, and, more importantly doesn't look like a pokemon. I'd say it looks like something from Digimon or even something Square would create, but not Game Freak.

Smugleaf's 3rd Stage

-Color change seems drastic, especially when compared to previous starters.
    -No reason to lose arms and legs, in fact it's movepool would be hurt by such disappearances . . . .

Baycon's 3rd Stage

-Looks NEAR EXACTLY like Rypherior:

-Notice how the "elbows", tail, finger amount, toe amount and placement, and the location of the band on the torso are very similar?
    -The "thumbs" don't align properly, the one on it's right hand is further back than the one on the left.
    -Design on the torso doesn't align properly with the center of it's body
    -The "elbows" don't align properly, the one on it's right arm points outward while the one on it's left points inward.

And this:
    https://google.net/2010/09/01/bw-.../#comment-9320
    Looks like decent proof that they are fake, notice how these shots are zoomed out and DON'T look photoshopped, besides the error on the 2nd-stage fire-type's claw is more than enough proof".

Guys... isn't this proof enough? O_O
    Y'know, I didn't even notice half of these errors when it came to this art. But this guy/girl was spot on.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dun know what to think. I mean, in that beta sheet the starters are not even in their sugimori poses, and Tsutaaja looks weird.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I dont understand why everyone hates these, they look great to me. None of the base to 1st evolutions are as drastic as something like Torchic to Combusken, or Treecko to Grovyle.

I dont understand why people are saying the changes are so drastic, besides Miju's 3rd stage they all look like evolutions of the previous Pokemon. Pokabu turns into an anthropomorphic pig, then becomes a bigger one. Tsutaja becomes a larger snake with smaller appendages, then an even larger, royal snake without any appendages. Mijumaru becomes a bigger otter, then becomes some cross between a giant otter and a sea lion, which also is not too drastic. Sure the designs are very different, but for a Pokemon being based on an otter to become one based on a sea lion makes sense. More sense than a gecko becoming some sort of dinosaur. An otter and a sea lion are both aquatic mammals so it should be understandable. The same way a Piranha becoming a Shark is understandable, they are both carnivorous fish.

Also the guy nitpicking about the differences between the beta art and the new 2nd stage starters doesn't seem to realize that something in the beta phase is not the final product. Small tweaks as he pointed out are perfectly reasonable.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    It was a beta. Close to completion, but not yet there. Some designs would have small tweaks, while some they could have been content with. Just because some desgins stayed the same doesn not mean all of them will. The differences pointed out between the 2nd stage starters beta art and the apparently complete art are so negligible that I do not think most people even noticed any differences.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    About the beta stuff, Tell that to Koromori, Kibago, Ash and Iris who did not change at all.

Koromori looks a bit different. The Beta Art it doesn't look like something from Spongebob TV show while the actual Koromori looks like Patrick and Plankton's retarded happy face.

Ash and Iris are also different from the rest if the sketches in the Beta. They look like Grey scaled Ken art.

As for Kibago, that scan is small so I can't see its details too well.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Something about Tsutaja's final evolution just bothers me. :laugh: Not sure how to explain it. As for the other two, they're nothing special but I'll get use to them eventually.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
  • After seeing that quote I'm pretty sure thery're fake now cause the creator probably managed to copy the beta artwork and built his own final evos.

I remember serebii saying that someguy claimed he made them.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Guys, I'll admit they are all cool, but come on! There is about an 85% chance they are fake, I say we get over it and continue speculating

The Red Chain

After seeing that quote I'm pretty sure thery're fake now cause the creator probably managed to copy the beta artwork and built his own final evos.

I remember serebii saying that someguy claimed he made them.
    I think we may have gotten reverse trolled. Apparently all the updates about B&W made on 2ch have been true thus far, and Serebii saw some guy admit he made them. He apparently received confirmation yesterday/today that the evolutions are real, but there is still a chance that they are fake. D;

Talk about really confusing information...

Back