• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
  • if you're not gonna reveal it, i don't believe you. also, every site on the internet says that they are not going to reveal it, because they DON'T HAVE IT.
    Why would all of the most reliable Pokemon news sources say they have a source if they don't?

Get over yourself already. If these evos turn out to be real, all of you who jump around shouting "THEY'RE FAKE THEY'RE FAKE" are going to look like a bunch of tools.

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Why would all of the most reliable Pokemon news sources say they have a source if they don't?

Get over yourself already. If these evos turn out to be real, you and all the others who jump around shouting "THEY'RE FAKE THEY'RE FAKE" are going to look like a bunch of tools.

if they turn out to be fake, which is VERY likely, the ones who said they were real, are going to look like a bunch of tools.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Stop arguing.

Whatever turns out to be true is going to be true. If it turns out to be fake, it'll be fake. If it turns out to be real, then its real and 5th generation might suck in my opinion...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay, nobody is going to be a tool. You're either wrong, or you're right. >_______>;

Which is why I'm hoping they're fake and thinking they most likely are, but still, there is a chance they're real, so meh.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • if they turn out to be fake, which is VERY likely, you guys are going to look like a bunch of tools.
    Actually, I'd rather them be fake as well. I know Ken can come up with better.

I'm just looking at the situation realistically. Chances are they're real.

And if they are real? Whatever. They aren't as bad as everyone is making them out to be.

pokewalker

Years
  • Actually, I'd rather them be fake as well. I know Ken can come up with better.

I'm just looking at the situation realistically. Chances are they're real.

And if they are real? Whatever. They aren't as bad as everyone is making them out to be.

sorry. ill edit my post and i just think they are fake. they're too ugly to be real. and who is Ken?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • sorry. ill edit my post and i just think they are fake. they're too ugly to be real. and who is Ken?
    Ken Sugimori. Creates all of the Pokemon's designs.

Edit: Like I've said in the past, if you don't like them that's your opinion. Which is fine, because you're entitled to one. However, saying that a Pokemon can't be real because it's 'ugly' or 'doesn't look like a Pokemon' really doesn't contribute to anything, and certainly isn't proof that they're fake.

Last edited:

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    I like the way people assume they are fake just because they don't like the designs :P, look at Nosepass, if you saw that thing before being confirmed you would think its a partical joke. I guess judging these Pokemon to fake or real by their looks is being repeated infinitely in this thread, and is getting us no where.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Ken is the person in charge of making all Pokemon designs.

Not exactly. There are multiple people on the design team that think of pokemon. They brain storm with Sugimori and maybe sometimes without him and then when they have the final pokemon they have Sugimori draw it in his style.

pokewalker

Years
  • i want the starters to be like this:

Spoiler:

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • I don't mind if they are real that much, I just want better and clearer artwork. If I try to zoom in, it gets way to blurry to make out anything.

For some reason, I really like Pokabu's evolution, not the final one but the first one. I just find it really cute. I'll probably be getting Pokabu if these evos are real.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Someone wanted to see those .gif images of the starter evolutions. here they are:
    Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

This is also from the same guy:
    (don't forget to read the text on the bottem)

Oh and, found this on deviantART:

"Real gen III starter evolutions, confirmed by my secret source who is never wrong."

sorry, I just had to post it.
    I've come to the point that I don't care anymore if the starter evolutions are real or not.

I like the way people assume they are fake just because they don't like the designs :P, look at Nosepass, if you saw that thing before being confirmed you would think its a partical joke. I guess judging these Pokemon to fake or real by their looks is being repeated infinitely in this thread, and is getting us no where.
    Nosepass looked great IMO, and a Moai statue is pokemon worthy.
    But Probopass on the other hand... that thing is a disgrace to nosepass. It has a hat a super sized nose and a mustache, what were they thinking.

Last edited:

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years
  • Worthless attempt here but I'm gonna try to steer this more in the direction of the starters themselves and not if they are fake or not. What will the stats be like on these guys? From experience I would say the water will be a bit slow but good in the other area's especially defense, the grass will either be very fast or very slow and pick an attack and defense and it will be good at it and lastly the fire will be decent all around but nothing so high that you really wanna write home about.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • lmfao, I like that post, Tyxxom. :D

Shadow01192 said:
    Worthless attempt here but I'm gonna try to steer this more in the direction of the starters themselves and not if they are fake or not. What will the stats be like on these guys? From experience I would say the water will be a bit slow but good in the other area's especially defense, the grass will either be very fast or very slow and pick an attack and defense and it will be good at it and lastly the fire will be decent all around but nothing so high that you really wanna write home about.

I agree we should be concerned less with their looks and more with their typing and stats. I for one will not be using Leafsnake a lot if it turns out to be pure Grass or Grass/Poison, and even less so if it has Sceptile-like stats. I'm hoping it has high special offense and special defense (~100s), good physical offense and defense (~90s), okay speed (~80s) and low HP (~70s).

As for Boarbeque, I'm assuming its HP is high, its defenses are unusually good but not high, and its attack is higher than its special attack, but it's the slowest Fire starter to date. Finally, Otterhorn is probably bulky like other Water starters, but faster than most of them, and it has balanced offence and defense. Mind you, I won't be using them, so I don't really care.

As for typing, I know someone said Grass/Dragon, Fire/Dark and Water/Fighting, but to be perfectly honest, I highly doubt the first two. GF is much too traditional and viciously cyclic for something so original; "cool" types like Dragon, Ghost, Psychic or Dark are never going to be part of a starter for some dumb reason. That we got a Water/Steel starter is a flippin' miracle.

But I do hope Leafsnake is Grass/Dragon or Grass/Flying. I'm a Grass-type user, so a pure Grass won't do (unless it's reeeally good), and neither will a Grass/Poison type (I've got Roserade) and another Grass/Ground starter would just be idiotic, considering how good Torterra is. So I'm not sure what kind of typing Leafsnake is gonna have (if any) but it'd better be original or it'll have no place in my A-Team.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
  • I'm starting to like Mijumaru's final, I expect it to get up on its hind legs in the anime, Giant otters can stand up right?

I expect Pokabu's evolution to be part ground type not fight type.

I wasn't a fan of Pokemon when D/P were being released, so does anyone know when Pokemon.com will update? September the 18th I guess : p

pokewalker

Years
  • I'm starting to like Mijumaru's final, I expect it to get up on its hind legs in the anime, Giant otters can stand up right?

I expect Pokabu's evolution to be part ground type not fight type.

I wasn't a fan of Pokemon when D/P were being released, so does anyone know when Pokemon.com will update? September the 18th I guess : p

pokemon.com will update as soon as the release data in the USA is out. .co.jp september 18th :P

tomorrow I need to go to school! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by a moderator:

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
  • pokemon.com will update as soon as the release data in the USA is out. .co.jp september 18th :P

tomorrow I need to go to school! NOOOOOOO
    Haha I go to school on the 15th :p

So there is a japanese website?

Don't they make updates quicker than the english one?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • lmfao, I like that post, Tyxxom. :D

I agree we should be concerned less with their looks and more with their typing and stats. I for one will not be using Leafsnake a lot if it turns out to be pure Grass or Grass/Poison, and even less so if it has Sceptile-like stats. I'm hoping it has high special offense and special defense (~100s), good physical offense and defense (~90s), okay speed (~80s) and low HP (~70s).

As for Boarbeque, I'm assuming its HP is high, its defenses are unusually good but not high, and its attack is higher than its special attack, but it's the slowest Fire starter to date. Finally, Otterhorn is probably bulky like other Water starters, but faster than most of them, and it has balanced offence and defense. Mind you, I won't be using them, so I don't really care.

As for typing, I know someone said Grass/Dragon, Fire/Dark and Water/Fighting, but to be perfectly honest, I highly doubt the first two. GF is much too traditional and viciously cyclic for something so original; "cool" types like Dragon, Ghost, Psychic or Dark are never going to be part of a starter for some dumb reason. That we got a Water/Steel starter is a flippin' miracle.

But I do hope Leafsnake is Grass/Dragon or Grass/Flying. I'm a Grass-type user, so a pure Grass won't do (unless it's reeeally good), and neither will a Grass/Poison type (I've got Roserade) and another Grass/Ground starter would just be idiotic, considering how good Torterra is. So I'm not sure what kind of typing Leafsnake is gonna have (if any) but it'd better be original or it'll have no place in my A-Team.

Im hoping that Tsutaja becomes Grass/Flying or Grass/Psychic

Back