• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    So it pulled a Slowpoke. Whoop de doo. Quadruped, bipedal, does it really matter? Complaining about the looks is so childish. Like complaining that a food you never tasted tastes bad because you don't like how it looks.

Lets look at past Fire Staters Game wise.

Charizard. When first released I think it was possibly one of the most popular starters. Since then, its become even more epic.

Typhlosion. Really I don't need to say it. This thing was rape in a can.

Blazken. Ok, this one was kinda funny at first, but people soon loved it for it's "unique" typing.

Infernape. People whined about it being a Blazekin clone. And it really felt like it was. But really once you got to a certain point people started to STFU and started using Infernape more than Blazekin.

Pokabu3. Really, its going to be Infernape all over again. We already know it has two new attacks. Nitro Charge and Fire Oath. How about we wait until its done updating so we can see its final info like all its attacks and stats cause if they follow past Fire Starters, this thing is going to be the epitome of epic.

Infernape all over again? Its going to be a tank, sure the typings boring and repeated (though I <3 fighting types) but Infernape and Blazekin were pretty frail, this thing will be a tank, not a pure attacker with crap defenses.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Infernape all over again? Its going to be a tank, sure the typings boring and repeated (though I <3 fighting types) but Infernape and Blazekin were pretty frail, this thing will be a tank, not a pure attacker with crap defenses.

See? One positive remark about Pukabu3. We don't know how it would turn out but think of the positive instead of trying to destroy the thing without knowing what its capable of.

Years
  • Ew, the starter evolutions are real? Definitely not evolving my Pokabu. Its evolutions are too crappy for my taste. And if anyone is to come up and say, "stop complaining, you'll eventually like them", no, that's not gonna happen. The evolutions (IMO) don't look any better in their Sugimori artwork. No offense Ken, but you really messed up these starters. :x Any other news besides that? I'm kinda bored... X3

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Ew, the starter evolutions are real? Definitely not evolving my Pokabu. Its evolutions are too crappy for my taste. And if anyone is to come up and say, "stop complaining, you'll eventually like them", no, that's not gonna happen. The evolutions (IMO) don't look any better in their Sugimori artwork. No offense Ken, but you really messed up these starters. :x Any other news besides that? I'm kinda bored... X3

Only the gym leaders apparently having been leaked. :D

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    I was pretty dissapointed how only the fire starter got a dual-typing this time. I was really expecting Tsutarja's final evolution to be a grass/dragon, although I know that would give it too much power but just of the thaught :P, and Mijumaru's final evolution to be a water/ice, but it seems they are plain grass and water types. Well, let's hope the Pokabu's final evolution isn't a copy of Blaziken and Infernape, It'll be nice to see something new this time.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Ew, the starter evolutions are real? Definitely not evolving my Pokabu. Its evolutions are too crappy for my taste. And if anyone is to come up and say, "stop complaining, you'll eventually like them", no, that's not gonna happen. The evolutions (IMO) don't look any better in their Sugimori artwork. No offense Ken, but you really messed up these starters. :x Any other news besides that? I'm kinda bored... X3
    How can you even make that judgement? We only know what they look like/the typing.

I was pretty dissapointed how only the fire starter got a dual-typing this time. I was really expecting Tsutarja's final evolution to be a grass/dragon, although I know that would give it too much power but just of the thaught :P, and Mijumaru's final evolution to be a water/ice, but it seems they are plain grass and water types. Well, let's hope the Pokabu's final evolution isn't a copy of Blaziken and Infernape, It'll be nice to see something new this time.
    How do you know the final evos for Tsutaja and Mijumaru wont have dual typing? Charizard, Empoleon and Torterra would like a word with you.

Honestly, the amount of people on this board who just jump to conclusions....

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Ew, the starter evolutions are real? Definitely not evolving my Pokabu. Its evolutions are too crappy for my taste. And if anyone is to come up and say, "stop complaining, you'll eventually like them", no, that's not gonna happen. The evolutions (IMO) don't look any better in their Sugimori artwork. No offense Ken, but you really messed up these starters. :x Any other news besides that? I'm kinda bored... X3

I'd like too see you, well any of us (other than the ones that are really talented and on DA) do better. I mean I seriously can't believe you dissed Ken Sugimori.

Years
  • Only the gym leaders apparently having been leaked. :D

Oh, really? :0
    *goes and checks Serebii*

How can you even make that judgement? We only know what they look like/the typing.

And that's all I need to know to judge a Pokemon. I don't care for stats or any of that stuff. The evolutions just don't appeal to me. Simple as that. T^T

EDIT: @AceDragonite: Lol, I didn't even "diss" Ken Sugimori. It's just stating my opinion. And I'm sure others could do better when it comes to designing the starters. There's a LOT of amazing looking starter evolutions on dA that are way better than what Ken made... no offense. >.>

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

And that's all I need to know to judge a Pokemon. I don't care for stats or any of that stuff. The evolutions just don't appeal to me. Simple as that. T^T

EDIT: @AceDragonite: Lol, I didn't even "diss" Ken Sugimori. It's just stating my opinion. And I'm sure others could do better when it comes to designing the starters. There's a LOT of amazing looking starter evolutions on dA that are way better than what Ken made... no offense. >.>

Then why do you play Pokemon? There is more to Pokemon than just looks.

Years

I'm not fan of the starters much either, but don't diss Ken Sugumori. :/ That man has literally been slaving over this franchise for over 10 years, and pretty much made Pokemon what it is today. Cut the man some slack. If you, or anybody else for that matter, thinks he messed them up, then try making the starters yourselves. I think people would appreciate Ken+ the artwork more if they knew how much time and effort goes into making them.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

your acting really shallow. Ken just decided to get creative (you know, not making a Mammal with leaves on it, a T-Rex, and some semi-aquatic animal). I actually appreciate that Ken thought outside the box on the designs, and if you don't like them well then just ditch it when you buy the game, you don't have to rant about it like the 500 before you. WE GET IT. EVERYONE HATES THEM. Well each to his own, is my belief, I respect your opinion, but now you are just stating what has already been said and insulting one of my favorite artists of all time. PLEASE STOP.

Years
  • Then why do you play Pokemon? There is more to Pokemon than just looks.

Can you please for once let me state my opinion without questioning it?
    You don't see me questioning those who DO like the starters, so just leave it at that. Jeez, what is with you people, anyways? =/

EDIT: Seriously, you guys? What's your problem? I say I don't like the starters, and you all gang up on me. For what reason? You act like I HAVE to like every Pokemon Ken makes. You guys are acting like YOU designed the starters yourselves. T_T

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think you guys are all overreacting a bit lol. She was just stating her opinion, just like a boat load of other people have. Like she said previously too, she wasn't dissing Sugimori.

I can't wait to see proper artwork for the final evolutions. I think they'll look better in my eyes when that does happen.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Exactly? He only designs them and give them types. That's all.
    Stat values? Movesets? Abilities?

There is a lot more to Pokemon than just looks and typing. Unfortunately, some of you don't seem to understand that.

Can you please for once let me state my opinion without questioning it?
    You don't see me questioning those who DO like the starters, so just leave it at that. Jeez, what is with you people, anyways? =/

EDIT: Seriously, you guys? What's your problem? I say I don't like the starters, and you all gang up on me. For what reason? You act like I HAVE to like every Pokemon Ken makes. You guys are acting like YOU designed the starters yourselves. T_T
    Mother of God, you have got to be kidding me.

When did any of us say that you don't have a right to an opinion? We didn't. Everyone has a right to an opinion.

There's nothing wrong with a little debate.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think you guys are all overreacting a bit lol. She was just stating her opinion, just like a boat load of other people have. Like she said previously too, she wasn't dissing Sugimori.

I can't wait to see proper artwork for the final evolutions. I think they'll look better in my eyes when that does happen.

Surprisingly, I can't wait either. Mostly to be able to see Pokabu3's face. It was WAY too blurry in the other pics that were shown. Dx

@Kanto_Johto: WHY do you always have to be the one to start something? Can't you just let someone state their opinion without going off on them? Jebus Chrismo... X_X I mean, YOU may be interested in the stats and all that jazz, but not everyone else will be. That's just the way it is.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i go bye what they look like, typing, and the attacks they can learn.
    i just recently started caring about stats. but i don't make a big deal about it.

Back