• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underneath the Town Tree ♤ The Animal Crossing Club

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    My town is called Shalour this time around, previously it was Ecruteak

^Oh! I thought I was the only one who named their town after a Pokemon town. Mine was Anistar. :3

I'm pretty sure that Alli/Sydian's town name is Olivine, and my original town's name was LaRousse, which is a city from two of the Pokemon movies! There are lots of good names to pick from in the Pokemon world, especially considering the character limit you have when naming your new town.

whoa yeah, this is really an interesting trend! in fact, my previous town was named after Camphrier Town, and now my new one is named Fallarbor - but both the Japanese version of course, since otherwise i wouldn't be able to fit the 9-character town names ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

With it being Summer now, anyone up for another design contest?

this could actually be a nice idea - Seasonal Design Contests! is anyone up for another one? it has been a while since the last... c:

Hey guys!

I got my skype back on! :D Does the group still exist?

it does! but it hasn't been very active lately, haha. i'll be sure to host another Wi-Fi meetup when my town is a bit more... arranged, i suppose. but in the meantime don't hesitate to pop in and say hi! i'm practically always around, for one - if i'm not asleep, that is. (。 >艸<)
    um, i thought i saw you had a question about saving patterns too, but i suppose that has been resolved? c:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Remember that the AC Skype chat doesn't *have* to be used strictly for meetups and whatnot. We can always chill and talk about other things. Friendships are solidified better that way. :3

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'm up for a summer design contest. if i had enough characters i'd name my town pacifidlog in a heartbeat. unfortunately i'm stuck with the town name of west, it hurts to be creative. i'd be down for one of the meet ups also, i miss them all.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    We could do the contest as part of Pokecommunity get together?

oh, that's actually a nice idea! it could also help bring more new members to the club, hehe. hmm, should we do it the same way as we did it last time then? set a deadline for the submission of designs, then decide the winner by popular vote? i suppose that would be most fair. i'll send in the submission for now, and we can work out the details c:

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    Once I work at the Cafe, what do I do with all those coffee beans?
    they don't really have a purpose, though you can sell them at re-tail for a good bit of bells.

speaking of the cafe i finally got the request to build one and i'm not quite sure where to put it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • A design contest sounds spectacular as a get-together event. :D I think the GT starts at July 9 iirc? Since we have more members here, it's probably a good time!

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    sooo... there's been an Animal Crossing-related leak, right before E3! details are in the spoiler below, in case you don't want anything revealed before the official presentation c:

Spoiler:

zomg ninja'd

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    so, the Nintendo E3 presentation was just held, and we have some Animal Crossing-related news!
    firstly, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer was shown, but much more fleshed out this time. it seems to be quite fun, and you an also design the exterior and even the garden of a house! trailer in the spoiler below c: to be honest, most striking to me was the fact that a lot of player characters had dark skin! did Animal Crossing finally get the memo that some people have that without hours of tanning?
    Spoiler:

secondly, was Animal Crossing Wii U! but not quite as we expected. named Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, it seemed like a Mario Party game in Animal Crossing style? this is also the game that utilizes the Amiibo that were shown yesterday. what do you think? i was somewhat disappointed that it isn't the AC Wii U that i hoped for, but i'm a fan of the Mario Party games generally, so i hope this will be fun too. next trailer below!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Another reason to get a WiiU for me! I really, really, really, really want all of those amiibos. They look so adorable! I can't wait to get the game, it looks really cool :D

Surprised that they are releasing two games for two consoles! I wonder if both of them will have compatibility? Forgive me as I did not really watch the event this morning. /at work

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The amiibos really are adorable. I've never been one to collect them, but seriously that KK Slider is precious. I'm rather excited about HHD too!

All the ceiling furniture options. :O

And a desert portion of the map apparently??

Years
  • I just saw some of the gameplay from Happy Home Designer, and I think I'm much more excited for it than I should be, haha. But then again, I was always big into building houses and cities in The Sims, so taking that concept and applying it to Animal Crossing has me sold!

And I don't have any plans on getting a Wii U, so I won't be paying too much attention to Amiibo Festival, though I can't say it looks like I'm missing much. If they start making amiibo figures for the villagers, then they'd have my money, but until then, I think I'll be more than happy with the cards for HHD.

Back