• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underneath the Town Tree ♤ The Animal Crossing Club

Years
  • Oh god I clicked this and was like.. wait. Something looks familiar. Did someone nab my CSS? Then I saw the credit at the bottom. :D Can't believe I didn't join this club yet.

Username: Sheep
    Favourite Villager: Poppy! She's so cute!
    Poppy_CF.png

3DS Friend Code: 2036-7257-3388
    Dream Address: None yet.

If you were an animal villager, what would you be like? (Species, personality type?)
    This is actually kind of tough but I think I'd go with a normal squirrel. Probably sounds boring but that's about what I am overall, haha. I'd probably choose a white/cream color for my main fur and a little pastel blue, gold, or pink dress. Suddenly I really want to draw this. xD;

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    gBoQxBH.jpg

Happy New Year 2015!

i hope you all had a wonderful time last night, and perhaps even at your village's countdown! i actually missed my own, but i TT'ed just a liiittle bit to make up for that before going to bed, hehe.
    i'm happy to see we also have some new members! welcome, Sheep and LilJz! Sheep, i'm sorry for using your CSS - i'm still really unexperienced with CSS, and i prefer learning by doing, and analyzing others' work. and i just thought yours was very pretty and fit the theme so well! ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ on another note... i'd really love to see your animal (squirrel) incarnation! to be honest i'm mostly imagining a female - and slightly less annoyed-looking - Marshal right now. maybe her facial expression could be more like Poppy's, haha! of course, it's your character, so if you'd grace us with a drawing that would be great as well c:

i'm really interested in the suggestion of DLC as well; i think yearly events are already in the game plenty, but i'm thinking special events that could go on as your play in your town more or something; like an anniversary fest when you've been Mayor for a year or something. otherwise i'm not sure what else. do any of you have ideas for extra events or additional goals to achieve in a new AC installment?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Happy New Year everybody!

I know being human is AC's thing, but on the topic of animal incarnations, I'd love for future installments to have us play as animals (though I also understand why that isn't a thing). The closest thing we have to that right now is animal Mii masks, which is pretty lackluster.

Years
  • Do any of you enjoy using the Animal Crossing 3DS Themes they have nowadays? There are several cute styles to choose from! Most recently they released a New Year's and K.K. Slider theme. I enjoyed using the Jingle one the week before Toy Day/Christmas.

My fave is still the adorable Town Hall theme in which Isabelle is snoozing at her desk.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    Join Form:

Username:_________________ Aunt
    Favourite Villager:___________ Simon
    3DS Friend Code:___________ 2466-2924-6274
    Dream Address:_____________ N/A
    Answer the current topic! I plan on pathing my themed town and try to figure out what to do with my second town? I just reset do everything's looking pretty crappy

woah hoh I didn't know there was an animal crossing club frick yeah i'm there.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hello :) Can I join even if I don't have an active game of animal crossing for now? (I failed to play when I wa sin exams... and after a month you know how it is.. I plan to reset it but I know really know when.) If I can join...

Username: Mawa
    Favorite Villager: Fauna
    3DS friend code: 1306-6248-8710
    Dream adress: N/A

It's almost the New Year! Do you have any Animal Crossing-related resolutions?

I want to resart my game when it is the good time (maybe summer :sad:) and I want to make a better game that the one I had!
    I want to have a town as much as I loved one I got in Animal crossing for gamecube (I played all all animal crossing except japan only)

[I want to join the club because I love to talk about animal crossing, exchange some QR codes, etc.]

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Welcome, aunt and Mawa! it's completely fine if you don't own an active town right now and/or your town is just starting up - to be honest, mine is just the same still! i love playing, but i'm not actually making a lot of 'progress'. luckily though, Animal Crossing is just the type of game for that; going at your own pace, and enjoying yourself along the way!

in reply to Lisia, i'm using the Mabel theme, in which she's sitting behind a desk with a tape measure. i think it's adorable! i don't think Mabel is cuter than Isabelle per se, but i'm really happy with this theme ( >艸<). i was really surprised that all themes also have the original in-game music and sound effects! another little taste:
    Spoiler:

i wonder what playing as an animal character would be like. perhaps they could do it similar to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games? filling in a personality test to see what kind of animal you would be? instead of the questions that determine your face style in the current games? i would like to be able to customize the animal afterwards then though. not the species, but just my appearance. but i think in the end i don't mind being human. as long as i can still live alongside the animals as it is now, that's still fun enough for me!
    Would you like to be able to play as an animal villager instead of a human? And if yes, why?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years

• i wonder what playing as an animal character would be like. perhaps they could do it similar to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games? filling in a personality test to see what kind of animal you would be? instead of the questions that determine your face style in the current games? i would like to be able to customize the animal afterwards then though. not the species, but just my appearance.

OMG they need to do that!! I don't really mind being human, but when I play I don't consider my character being "human". In my opinion, I don't think this looks like an "human". Remember when we had the hat? (Glad the hats are gone!). The boy had horns!! (Anyways, I saw that like horns).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Username: Axeliira
    Favourite Villager: Pekoe
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-5326-5448
    Dream Address: None yet~

I'm FINALLY joining this. I got New Leaf just over a week ago and I am addicted to it. I'm still...fairly new to the series but hopefully with this club I'll be able to learn more not only New Leaf but possibly with other games in general. <3 I chose Pekoe because she is just...adorably cute. I freaking adore her.

Years
  • Ive only started playing the franchise and New Leaf since Christmas day, but I am enjoying it, hopefully I'll learn more from this club.

Username:________________ Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
    Favourite Villager:___________
    Pekoe (so far at least)
    3DS Friend Code:___________VM me if you want it
    Dream Address:_____________none yet!
    Answer the current topic!
    It's almost the New Year! Do you have any Animal Crossing-related resolutions?: Nope lol, ive not been playing long enough to need to change my play habits.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hey good news!! :D

I started to play again, and I kept my game!! :D
    If you want to visit or make me visit your town sometime, you can ask me! :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm gonna make a blog post about it later, but I'm always happy to have some visitors and such. <3

Right now I am enjoying the game so far. I got Beardo, Fuchsia, Poncho, Pekoe, Wart Jr, Alfonso, Baabara, and Anicotti as my villagers. The former 3 are ones that have moved in recently. As mentioned, I really like Pekoe. She is uuuuuuugh adorbs. <3

Yesterday I finally paid off the down payment to my home...after being a compulsive shopper and buying everything I can from the Junction, and I got my house constructed. Now my main concern is to keep the town clean. I've been fishing a lot and been finding boots and cans. D:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Now my main concern is to keep the town clean. I've been fishing a lot and been finding boots and cans. D:

Once you get far enough in the game, you should get the beautiful Public Ordinance where you won't find boots, cans and tires while you fish and the flowers won't need anymore watering and they won't die :)

I took the Night Owl Public Ordinance first because of my job which makes me finish at 5pm everyday and I don't have time to fully the play the game without everything being closed soon, lmfao :(

Years
  • I'm gonna make a blog post about it later, but I'm always happy to have some visitors and such. <3

Right now I am enjoying the game so far. I got Beardo, Fuchsia, Poncho, Pekoe, Wart Jr, Alfonso, Baabara, and Anicotti as my villagers. The former 3 are ones that have moved in recently. As mentioned, I really like Pekoe. She is uuuuuuugh adorbs. <3

Yesterday I finally paid off the down payment to my home...after being a compulsive shopper and buying everything I can from the Junction, and I got my house constructed. Now my main concern is to keep the town clean. I've been fishing a lot and been finding boots and cans. D:

Pekoe is adorable, but say says shes leaving my town tommorow :(

Once you get far enough in the game, you should get the beautiful Public Ordinance where you won't find boots, cans and tires while you fish and the flowers won't need anymore watering and they won't die :)

I took the Night Owl Public Ordinance first because of my job which makes me finish at 5pm everyday and I don't have time to fully the play the game without everything being closed soon, lmfao :(

I have to admit I was kind off underwhelmed by Ordinances, I thought they would be individual issues you would resolve on a regular basis (like where town spending goes, busniess opening hours or social policy) rather than the four options it gives you. Only Beautiful (which I now have) seems useful and maybe night owl to a lesser degree.

Also I really want to tryout visiting other towns so if anyone wants my FC feel free to ask.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I would like to join please! :)
    Username: Fairy
    Favourite Villager:
    tumblr_inline_mpks1gQOQ81qz4rgp.gif
    tumblr_inline_mpkn4da70m1qz4rgp.gif
    tumblr_inline_mpkk2yExOk1qz4rgp.gif
    tumblr_inline_mpkrpkjTU51qz4rgp.gif
    tumblr_inline_mpkqzxhsd21qz4rgp.gif
    tumblr_inline_mpkozxBS8h1qz4rgp.gif

3DS Friend Code: 2964-8864-4483
    Dream Address: 5600-4365-9440​
    What is the current discussion anyway? Oh well. I've been on a hiatus from AC:NL in favor of Pokemon for the time being, but of course anyone is welcome to check out my house from my dream address. :) New Leaf was my first Animal Crossing game so I haven't been playing the franchise for long but I swiftly fell in love with it! It's charming, addictive, fun, and impossibly cute-- and I always keep going back to it because there's always something new and exciting for me.

Happy to be a part of the club guys! <33
    tumblr_nb3yggwhG91timoixo1_100.png

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    hi! welcome to our new members, Axeliira, Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer, and Fairy! i'm very happy there's so much (new) activity in the club, and it's nice to see you excited about playing!

first things first, to pitch in with the latest discussion, here's a new topic!
    What Town Ordinance is in effect in your town, and why? what do you think of the addition of Town Ordinances as a whole? do they make you feel like you're making a difference in ruling the town, or do you feel they are too limited still?

my New Year's Resolution was to get Perfect Town rating for once. now it's not that i've made tremendous progress on that at all, but at least i took the first step by switching my Ordinance to Beautiful Town! i'd always had it on Night Owl, because i usually start playing at 8PM or so, and then shops would already start closing. looking at you, Nook. the Beautiful Town Ordinance is so useful though! together with the weed-plucking service Leif provides, it really makes it a lot easier to get back to playing after a long hiatus, because dealing with the mess your town has become at least becomes a lot easier. no weeds, no wilting flowers, no cockroaches! though i have to say, rather than becoming overrun with weeds, the town does tend to become overrun with flowers instead if you leave it long enough, lol.

Also I really want to tryout visiting other towns so if anyone wants my FC feel free to ask.
    i definitely think it would be nice to be able to visit some of our club's towns, too! i've been thinking about throwing an in-game get-together, haha. i already added all FCs that have been submitted so far too. i'm very sorry to say that my own town really is in no condition to host people in yet though. if any of you are interested in having (or maybe even hosting) an 'AC Party', feel free to say it here or contact me!

Last edited:
    Years
  • hi! welcome to our new members, Axeliira, Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer, and Fairy! i'm very happy there's so much (new) activity in the club, and it's nice to see you excited about playing!

first things first, to pitch in with the latest discussion, here's a new topic!
    What Town Ordinance is in effect in your town, and why? what do you think of the addition of Town Ordinances as a whole? do they make you feel like you're making a difference in ruling the town, or do you feel they are too limited still?

my New Year's Resolution was to get Perfect Town rating for once. now it's not that i've made tremendous progress on that at all, but at least i took the first step by switching my Ordinance to Beautiful Town! i'd always had it on Night Owl, because i usually start playing at 8PM or so, and then shops would already start closing. looking at you, Nook. the Beautiful Town Ordinance is so useful though! together with the weed-plucking service Leif provides, it really makes it a lot easier to get back to playing after a long hiatus, because dealing with the mess your town has become at least becomes a lot easier. no weeds, no wilting flowers, no cockroaches! though i have to say, rather than becoming overrun with weeds, the town does tend to become overrun with flowers instead if you leave it long enough, lol.

i definitely think it would be nice to be able to visit some of our club's towns, too! i've been thinking about throwing an in-game get-together, haha. i already added all FCs that have been submitted so far too. i'm very sorry to say that my own town really is in no condition to host people in yet though. if any of you are interested in having (or maybe even hosting) an 'AC Party', feel free to say it here or contact me!

Hey Nagi an in game get together sounds cool. Ive no idea how to do one so Its best left to someone who can lol.

What Town Ordinance is in effect in your town, and why?
    I have the Beautiful town Ordinance to make the town look nice. However I mentioned in my previus post I find the Ordinance system far to limited.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • If anyone is interested, I'd be more than welcome to set up a AC hangout for a couple hours. Give me a time and date and I'll see if I can work around it. After next week I should be able to have some free time to host. <3

As for Ordinances...I don't have one in effect (lack of bells...I seriously need to stop shopping haha), but I might go for the Night Owl Ordinance. I'm mostly a night shifter at work and i mostly play my games at night, so it's become pretty difficult for me to go to the shops at night because they're all closed (Re-Tail closes late, at 11 pm...which I'm perfectly okay). So, I'm gonna put that ordinance in effect.

Back