• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underneath the Town Tree ♤ The Animal Crossing Club

Years
  • What Town Ordinance is in effect in your town, and why?

Beautiful Ordinance! Makes caring for the environment much easier. Without it, I used to spend 30 minutes or more just watering all the flowers... That's time I could spend catching beetles or making a design!

Initially I had the Night Owl ordinance back in Summer 2013 when the game first came out because I was busy with summer courses during the day, and would play late into the night catching and selling those island beetles.

Years
  • What Town Ordinance is in effect in your town, and why?

I've got the Beautiful Town ordinance, since I can't be bothered with keeping up with all the flowers in my town everyday, haha. That said, my town's gotten overrun by flowers, and I get too lazy to dig them up or move them to make things look orderly again.

I used to have the Night Owl ordinance, but I've kind of cheated and moved my 3DS clock back 8 hours. There are some nights when I won't get home from work until close to midnight, so even with the Night Owl ordinance, most of the shops were still closed. It kind of throws things off when I get a day off and feel like playing, since there's not much to do until about 4 PM, since the villagers are still sleeping, and the stores haven't opened up yet. I guess that's the trade-off I get for fiddling with the clock, though.

If anyone is interested, I'd be more than welcome to set up a AC hangout for a couple hours. Give me a time and date and I'll see if I can work around it. After next week I should be able to have some free time to host. <3
    My internet for the 3DS has been spotty ever since I moved, but if you're going to host something, I'll try and see if I can join in for a little bit.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • That's great to see there's some interest in here! Anyone got a preferred time and date?

I have a question though: When your villagers call you and tell you that they are planning to move away, do you always tell them to "stay", or do you let them go as they please? Or does it depend on the villager due to preferences? I had both Beardo and Poncho tell me that they're planning to move, but I told them to stay.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I have a question though: When your villagers call you and tell you that they are planning to move away, do you always tell them to "stay", or do you let them go as they please? Or does it depend on the villager due to preferences? I had both Beardo and Poncho tell me that they're planning to move, but I told them to stay.

The only one who said it was Chow and Puck, I told Chow to stay because I wasn't really sure what he meant by 'leaving' since it was just a couple of days after I got the game.
    Then Bones came to visit the town and omg, it's a dog. I just love dogs, I had to have him in my town. Buuut... in exchange Puck had to leave. At frist I was like okay, you can leave. But then after I kinda missed him :(

Years
  • So last night I had a surge of inspiration (or motivation, really) and finally got around to making a new design! It's inspired by Lisia's outfit. I always seem to do designs based on pre-existing concepts because I cosplay vicariously through my ACNL character I'm not very original. Here's the QR codes if anyone's interested.
    Spoiler:

I'll probably make May and Brendan's contest outfits as well.

Oh! About that ACNL meet-up. Erm.. I'm good with anytime Fridays, Sundays, and Tuesdays. Most evenings, too. It'd be really fun if we could have a party of four and play tour games on the Island! :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    glad to see there is indeed interest in having a get-together! like Lisia said, i would definitely like to get a group of at least 4 together in case we're having it. also, Axeliira, it'd be great for you to host, but i'd just like to make sure you have the Island unlocked by then, so we can go and do some tours!
    following this, right now, i'd like to suggest next weekend, January 23-25? i assume most of you are living in the US, but i'd still like to know all your timezones to come up with a good plan. i'd suggest either a Friday night or Sunday afternoon (US time) so that people who live in Europe (like me, haha) can also join! ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

as for villagers, there's definitely some that i wouldn't let go if they told me about moving. in relation to that, i was kind of wondering already; do any of you have a specific list of 'Dreamies', or Dream Villagers? in my case, i definitely have some animals i'd adore to have in my town, like Coco or Zucker, haha.

Lisia's costume looks adorable! i myself never really come up with truly original costumes either, haha. for my (secondary) town, i've also made a shirt to look like Steven Stone's, and a Team Magma dress to mimic Courtney's outfit. i'll share them later, if you like. and if anyone else has a design they're proud of, feel free to put them up here as well!

finally, a funny picture i wanted to share: the champion of Animal Crossing Hide-and-Seek!
    Spoiler:

Years
  • That's great to see there's some interest in here! Anyone got a preferred time and date?

I have a question though: When your villagers call you and tell you that they are planning to move away, do you always tell them to "stay", or do you let them go as they please? Or does it depend on the villager due to preferences? I had both Beardo and Poncho tell me that they're planning to move, but I told them to stay.

Pekoe left mine like that, but I wasn't sure if it was permanent so let her go and now regret it :/.

glad to see there is indeed interest in having a get-together! like Lisia said, i would definitely like to get a group of at least 4 together in case we're having it. also, Axeliira, it'd be great for you to host, but i'd just like to make sure you have the Island unlocked by then, so we can go and do some tours!
    following this, right now, i'd like to suggest next weekend, January 23-25? i assume most of you are living in the US, but i'd still like to know all your timezones to come up with a good plan. i'd suggest either a Friday night or Sunday afternoon (US time) so that people who live in Europe (like me, haha) can also join! ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

Am in Europe to (UK so GMT timezone). Am ok with next weekend.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • So I just remodeled my house today, and it got me wondering... how does ya'll houses look like? :D
    I'll probably post a picture of mines when I get back home!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hello :)

I am looking since a long time for one of these carpet for my house, do somebody had one and can command it for me? ;)
    I can buy it for any price!!!

The carpets are :

Backyard Lawn
    Wildflower Floor

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    Now my main concern is to keep the town clean. I've been fishing a lot and been finding boots and cans. D:
    omg if you still have them I'd be ecstatic to buy them off of you, it goes along with my town theme.

What Town Ordinance is in effect in your town, and why?

currently in my new main town I don't have an ordinance but the beautiful ordinance is the best imo. i love to breed hybrids for my town so it's always been useful if I didn't feel like watering my flowers everyday. it's also super helpful since i've been neglecting my town lately.

Years
  • glad to see there is indeed interest in having a get-together! like Lisia said, i would definitely like to get a group of at least 4 together in case we're having it. also, Axeliira, it'd be great for you to host, but i'd just like to make sure you have the Island unlocked by then, so we can go and do some tours!

as for villagers, there's definitely some that i wouldn't let go if they told me about moving. in relation to that, i was kind of wondering already; do any of you have a specific list of 'Dreamies', or Dream Villagers? in my case, i definitely have some animals i'd adore to have in my town, like Coco or Zucker, haha.

Lisia's costume looks adorable! i myself never really come up with truly original costumes either, haha. for my (secondary) town, i've also made a shirt to look like Steven Stone's, and a Team Magma dress to mimic Courtney's outfit. i'll share them later, if you like. and if anyone else has a design they're proud of, feel free to put them up here as well!

finally, a funny picture i wanted to share: the champion of Animal Crossing Hide-and-Seek!
    Spoiler:

I live in USA, specifically in the central region, so my timezone is UTC-6, or 6 hours behind the UK and most European countries.

Dream Villagers? I'd actually have to say I'm content with most of my villagers either because they were cute to begin with, I've grown fond of them, or they are in a location I like. These residents I like are Fang, Cesar, Rodney, Leonardo, Ankha, Mira, Rosie, and Apollo. Cookie used to live in my town but she moved away over a year ago. ;_; I wish she'd come back... I guess if there's one other villager I'd like to have, it's Merengue.

Hehe maybe I'll make quick tees with Team Magma and Aqua emblems just for the villagers to wear, display 'em in Able Sisters and see which team is the town favorite.

Hello :)

I am looking since a long time for one of these carpet for my house, do somebody had one and can command it for me? ;)
    I can buy it for any price!!!

The carpets are :

Backyard Lawn
    Wildflower Floor
    I can buy both for you from Timmy and Tommy's catalog! You'd only have to pay 2,360 in exchange (the cost of both carpets.) :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • glad to see there is indeed interest in having a get-together! like Lisia said, i would definitely like to get a group of at least 4 together in case we're having it. also, Axeliira, it'd be great for you to host, but i'd just like to make sure you have the Island unlocked by then, so we can go and do some tours!

Island is unlocked, so yes! I'm off Saturday, and I'm working in the afternoon on Friday, so it'll be absolutely okay! :) I'll put up a notice on the section index if we're all in agreement!

Also, JayD showed me how to unlock my Dream Suite, so Imma go do that later.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I can buy both for you from Timmy and Tommy's catalog! You'd only have to pay 2,360 in exchange (the cost of both carpets.) :)

Oh my god Thank you!!! :D
    I will take the meadow please!! :) You can tell me the time and the day you want me to get online (when you got it) ! :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Island is unlocked, so yes! I'm off Saturday, and I'm working in the afternoon on Friday, so it'll be absolutely okay! :) I'll put up a notice on the section index if we're all in agreement!

alright, great! since you're the host, i'll leave deciding the exact day and time up to you - all i ask is to keep us Europeans into account ( >艸<). also, you'll have to add the friend codes of everyone who wants to come over, and (to everyone else) vice versa! you probably knew all that, but just to be complete here.

great! then let's make the new topic:
    Are you interested in joining the New Leaf Get-Together this weekend? If yes, be sure to mention it here, and add Axeliira's Friend Code in order to come over! Details on the meeting time will follow soon!

Years
  • Are you interested in joining the New Leaf Get-Together this weekend? If yes, be sure to mention it here, and add Axeliira's Friend Code in order to come over! Details on the meeting time will follow soon!

Yes, I am, I already added Axeliira'a FC. (If everyone can't make this one am sure we could have other events maybe?).

On an unrelated note Cookie came to like in my town, she looks adorable lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'll add everyone's FC tonight after work, also...I'm going to be putting up an announcement on the splash later on as well, events like these could really use the publicity.

SO! January 23-25th. I can start off at 6 PM GMT January 23rd (which is 10 am my time, or 1 PM Eastern), and end the weekend-long event on Jaunary 25th at 12 am EST. I assume the majority of the members here are European, so I hope this is perfect enough to accommodate everyone.

Years
  • I'll add everyone's FC tonight after work, also...I'm going to be putting up an announcement on the splash later on as well, events like these could really use the publicity.

SO! January 23-25th. I can start off at 6 PM GMT January 23rd (which is 10 am my time, or 1 PM Eastern), and end the weekend-long event on Jaunary 25th at 12 am EST. I assume the majority of the members here are European, so I hope this is perfect enough to accommodate everyone.

6pm GMT is good for me :)

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Did I understand there is a meeting in some town? If yes, Can I join if I can be online at the time? :D

I don't run in flowers x)

Back