• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Underrated Unova Pokemon?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    For me Stoutland is an underrated Pokemon. It does not get much attention, but its Attack is worth mentioning. It is like the Gen III Snorlax of UU.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    For me Stoutland is an underrated Pokemon. It does not get much attention, but its Attack is worth mentioning. It is like the Gen III Snorlax of UU.

I actually have an Adamant Stoutland, so I'm sure you can imagine what it's attack stat has to be like. lol

I agree, Stoutland is definitely one of them. I haven't perused the Black & White threads in a while, but I'd have to say that Gigalith is another, which I also have on my Black team.

miltankRancher

Years
    I actually have an Adamant Stoutland, so I'm sure you can imagine what it's attack stat has to be like. lol

I agree, Stoutland is definitely one of them. I haven't perused the Black & White threads in a while, but I'd have to say that Gigalith is another, which I also have on my Black team.

Good for you to have Adamant. I have a Modest one, and still its sweeping like there is no tomorrow.

Another Pokemon that comes to my mind is Braviary. First time I saw one, I was like , "OMG! This is gonna be OU!"

Years
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this guy...

Underrated Unova Pokemon?

It's cute but most people think it sucks compared to Gothitelle and especially Reuniclus.

I still have room in my heart for Elgyem, it's cute and it's great to use if you get a Special Attack-raising nature.

Even my Pokemon walkthrough idol, Marriland uses one!

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
    Well, I think that Yamask/Cofagrigus is underrated too,although it is one of the few ghosts you can get in-game, due to most of its moves being Ghost Type leaving only a few of other types,working with him gets hard,as most Pokemon have neutral effect to Ghost or are Normal type ...
    Plus it makes it hard to defend itself if needed

Last edited:
    Years
    Well, I think that Yamask/Cofagrigus is overrated too,although it is one of the few ghosts you can get in-game, due to most of its moves being Ghost Type leaving only a few of other types,working with him gets had,as most Pokemon have neutral effect to Ghost or are Normal type ...
    Plus it makes it hard to defend itself if needed

Oh yes, you're talking about the shallow movepool and incredibly slow Ghost-type known as Yamask and Cofagrigus.

I have caught one but never use it despite mine having a Timid nature (which boosts Speed a little but sadly still won't fix that Speed problem).

miltankRancher

Years
    i forgot to mention this guy.

With the proper set, Scolipede can pretty much sweep, especially with Steamroller and Venoshock. Plus, it has a great design too. Sucks about the typing though.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I think Scolipede is definitely underrated.

It's helped me the most in my random match wifi battles, but not many people use it. Such a shame.

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
    Purrloin/Liepard are also underrated.
    Like most derps they are only used in the beginning, and are soon dumped on a box ...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I don't hear anyone talk about Krookodile, and yet it gets so much love from me that it's unreal. It's quick and strong, has a really cool design, and has some really good moves and typing. It's a wonder people don't talk about it more, to be honest.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Definitely agree on Scolipede, tbh it was one of the only gen V Pokémon I really really liked at first.

And well, PLENTY of people use Scrafty, competitively at least. Scrafty really isn't underrated, I see lots of people use it and it kicks ass.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to say Carracosta due to how many times it's saved my ass with Shell Smash and a rather nice movepool to go with it. Went with Crunch, Stone Edge, and Surf to accompany Shell Smash by the time I faced the E4 and it cleaned house when given the opportunity.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    i forgot to mention this guy.

With the proper set, Scolipede can pretty much sweep, especially with Steamroller and Venoshock. Plus, it has a great design too. Sucks about the typing though.

I agree that Scolipede is very underrated because while 90 Attack isn't bad, it isn't very good either. Also, it can sweep better with Megahorn/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Swords Dance. It can also use Baton Pass to pass on Swords Dance, Agility or Iron Defense (the latter won't see much use, though). However, because of its poor Special Attack, it can't utilize Venoshock well (plus, it's a rather gimmicky move).

Years
    I think you should take a look at Sawsbuck.

It changes with the seasons but so few people use it.

It's a great physical attacker especially with a Return/Horn Leech/Megahorn combo.

Sawsbuck may have 6 weaknesses but a great Attack stat to have those Physical attacks hit hard! Plus it can learn Jump Kick.

I use a Sawsbuck in Black and she did well against the Driftveil Gym. I still cherish my Sawsbuck a lot.

Back