• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I hacked myself a member's card literally TWO WEEKS befoer this was announced >.<

That's what you get for hacking ^_^ lol just kidding.

Well this date has been thrown from country to country, so I think I will believe it when I see it with proof from Game Freak or Pokemon co.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2009
    according to serebii, it comes out in USA on august 3rd, but not a released date for europe, except it should be in europe by the end of hte year, i want a darkrai!!

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I've merged the thread about the Member's Card created by extinct with the Events Discussion thread~

Now onto the Event:

For the length of time it has taken the Member's Card to be released, I'd be surprised if it was not done for Europe too. It would actually make more sense for them to do it together, seeing as US Platinum games can access European Wi-Fi Events, as tested with my own US version of Platinum when the Secret Key was released for Europe. To break continent barriers, I could also access the Jirachi Event in Japan with my Japanese Platinum, so its likely this Event will be the same.

I can't access PokemonPlatinum.com, (for some reason, the site won't load... -.-;; ) but I can venture to guess there has been no Regional Limitations set in the wording. It doesn't even specify on Pokemon.com where it is being released, so it may be a safe assumption that both the US and Europe will get it at the same time.

pokeretard

My 2 fav types in one Pokemon!
    Years
    I've got info that the Arceus event isn't only in HG/SS. It also unlocks something in Platinum. It's supposed to be a hiker who knows a lot of info about the history of the world, and he donates a book to the Canalave City library that tells you what all the plates say.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    A quick question for the upcoming Darkrai event, do you need a National Pokedex in order to even download Members Card? Because if that's the case I am in for my quickest playthrough yet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    Hey everyone,
    Im not sure if this is the right place to make this post, but can someone plz tell me that can i get the darkrai wifi event even if im living in a country which is not in north america?? I shall be returning to the US in november so i wont be there to download the event! but i do have a US copy of the game and i have wi-fi. So i was just wondering -- can i still get the members pass distributed from Aug 3rd to Sept 13th ??

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Yes if you have a US version of the game you can download any WiFi US Event no matter where you are. I jave a Japanese Platinum, and I Live in the UK. I have got the Rotom Key, Member Pass, Oaks Letter, and Jirachi doing this. :)

hunterzhorizon

Noob, Needs Teacher.
    Years
    Whoa Arceus, is that only for HG/SS?
    and what was the Shayman event thingy again, was it for a movie, or yeah, i forgot, the speed form or whatever...
    yeah info please hah.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I'm pretty sure the event will be US copies only; Europe's will probably come later. Any North American copy will be able to receive it, even if you're not in North America (for example, I'll be able to get it from the UK, since I imported my Platinum from the US).

NeoZX

◊Change the Future◊
    Years
    OK, so, I just went into Nintendo Wi-Fi, but I didn't find any gifts. It's 2.53 PM here, on the 3rd of August. Maybe it's still August 2 in America? I don't know.
    Well, I'll just wait till' tomorrow. Be patient, young one.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    it should work in the UK, i dont know if it would work on an english version of the game though as i have the US version, it's worth a try though

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    It started at 12:00 am EST in North America (EST is -5 GMT), so it should have started already. Are you sure you went to Mystery Gift, then selected the option to receive from Wi-Fi?

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
    Very Happy, just got my Darkrai after resetting for about an hour to get a Timid nature, and he has fairly good IVs. :D

SpA and Spe are 27 and 31 respectively, and everything else is a bit meh, but thems the ones I cared about.

Happy Pirate. :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    It started at 12:00 am EST in North America (EST is -5 GMT), so it should have started already. Are you sure you went to Mystery Gift, then selected the option to receive from Wi-Fi?

I tried it around 1 AM and it didn't work.. I bet it was released at 12:00 AM Pacific time, to be fair to the west coast. :P

Anyways, I got the Card this morning~

Question for those who have done the event: If you visit Darkrai, can you leave and can visit him again whenever, or are you stuck there until you capture him?

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    You're stuck :l
    I just realized it xD

Wow, I must be lucky.
    I Caught mine, first Pokeball I threw.
    Timid, 31 SpAtk, 28 Speed.
    23/24/14/31/10//28

No Soft Reseting, no hacking either.

Last edited:

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Is his Nature and IVs set as soon as you get the Member Pass, or when you battle him?

Mine is:
    Nature: Naive
    IVs: 16 / 26 / 24 / 30 / 6 / 10 <They all have a 50% chance of being one higher than it says.

Meh. I guess they're alright.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Is his Nature and IVs set as soon as you get the Member Pass, or when you battle him?

Mine is:
    Nature: Naive
    IVs: 16 / 26 / 24 / 30 / 6 / 10 <They all have a 50% chance of being one higher than it says.

Meh. I guess they're alright.
    When you battle him. I would keep trying for higher speed.

Meh, if I can't exit, I won't try atm.. I like going to other places than SRing for a shiny or something strong. Can you Fly/Teleport out of there? You can leave just about any stationary legend. :/

Back