• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    All Pokémon start with 0 EVs when you get them, including this one. It's possible to increase them through the use of vitamins, though. However, this limits it to up to 100 EVs in each stat rather than 255.

The other problem with that is there's no point in giving it EV's because it won't get extra stat gains unless it was leveled up, but since it's level 100 you can't.

Although you could do this to get the Effort Ribbon for it though.

Years
    All Pokémon start with 0 EVs when you get them, including this one. It's possible to increase them through the use of vitamins, though. However, this limits it to up to 100 EVs in each stat rather than 255.

lol I guess they figured arceus was too uber to get EVs. XD

But this means any legit Hall of Origin Arceus will immediately be way better.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The other problem with that is there's no point in giving it EV's because it won't get extra stat gains unless it was leveled up, but since it's level 100 you can't.

Using a vitamin recalculates the Pokémon's stats, just like putting it in a box. Level 100s can't gain Exp, which means they can't gain EVs by battling; however, vitamins will work on them. Try it yourself :)

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Using a vitamin recalculates the Pokémon's stats, just like putting it in a box. Level 100s can't gain Exp, which means they can't gain EVs by battling; however, vitamins will work on them. Try it yourself :)

lol my bad, there's so much I recently learned about pokemon, yet there's still so much more to learn.

And how does putting a poke. in a box recalculate it's stats? I am only worried about them getting lowered somehow this way.....

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2009
    Unmentioned

Hi ColorMeEvil,

Great job on the alerts of the events. I love the idea. I wanted to point out an event you missed. It has already passed. The event was for Arceus

Specs:

Arceus

Lv. 100
    Berry
    No battle required
    WAS at Toys 'r' Us
    November 7-15 2009

Thanks,

Infernape1188972

Years
    Upcoming Events Information Events Discussion Thread

I have not gotten there yet but excited to reach that point. Im already preparing my starter and rotom for the competition. Also, hopefully my drifloon will be able to make a stunning debut in this area of play Maybe even a shiny pokemon?? Im still working on my team but when Im done best of luck to my opponent

Lokiman42

Water Type > Dragon Type
    Years

I thought evs got recalculated once you deposited the poke into a box and then withdrew them? Maybe my source of information was incorrect?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Yup. To save memory, the game doesn't save the actual stats of the Pokémon in the box, only their IVs and EVs. This has the side-effect of recalculating the stats when it's put in the box.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2009
    I never really noticed that on any of my event pokemon. I'll remember to look for that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    [Info] toiza Events

Hello everybody, i comming here seeking information about the "Toiza Events", i want to know if these events are officialy and legally from Nintendor or these are fan made, if these are Of nintendo, please give me the release date and the giving place, or if this events are fan made, please give me information about these...

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    Hello everybody, i comming here seeking information about the "Toiza Events", i want to know if these events are officialy and legally from Nintendor or these are fan made, if these are Of nintendo, please give me the release date and the giving place, or if this events are fan made, please give me information about these...

Thanks.

sounds fan made and as far as info prolly just some random person decided to make a cool poke or 2 on pokesav and call it an event

Years
    GSP USA Pichu Event

who is going?! iam going. my insiders in gamestop is hooking me up with more than one. here is the flyer:

Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

so what do you think about the shiny pichu?

ps: i will have a few to give out or trade, pm me if you cant make it to the event, or dont have access to the event!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2010
    shiny pichu details!

The shiny pichu will be given out at Jan. 30 as a nystery gift at any partipating gamestop. This pichu feature the colors of a pikachu and is very rare even when sjiny hunting in platnium in the trophy garden. Get while you can!!!!

Back