• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    well as i said, this will be my first event, so can anyone tell me how they go and or what to do when i get there?

All you have to do is walk into the Toys R Us' Gamezone or where ever they keep the video games. Make sure you have unlocked Mystery Gift and use the "Recieve from Wireless" Function and a message should pop up saying would you like to dowload the event Pokemon? Select yes and your game will begin to save. Go to any Pokemart, talk to the man in Green and he will give you your Pokemon.

I'm quite enthusiastic about this event. It will be my fourth:
    -TRU Manaphy
    -ALAMOS Darkrai
    -Gamestp Deoxys

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I also forgot to mention I've gotten Gamestop Deoxys and many Pokemon from Pokemon Across America.

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    All you have to do is walk into the Toys R Us' Gamezone or where ever they keep the video games. Make sure you have unlocked Mystery Gift and use the "Recieve from Wireless" Function and a message should pop up saying would you like to dowload the event Pokemon? Select yes and your game will begin to save. Go to any Pokemart, talk to the man in Green and he will give you your Pokemon.

wait though, how do you know when you have the mystery gift unlocked? cuz im getting diamond on the 1st of nov

True Justice

Years
    wait though, how do you know when you have the mystery gift unlocked? cuz im getting diamond on the 1st of nov

Go to the second floor of the Jubilife TV Station and talk to the man in the TV Studio. Enter the phrase "Everyone Happy" and "WiFi Connection". Then, Mystery Gift will be available in the main menu. You should be able to do this the first time you reach Jubilife.

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    ok well since ill be getting the game a week before the event is that sum place i can get to quick? i dont wanna miss out on this event

True Justice

Years
    ok well since ill be getting the game a week before the event is that sum place i can get to quick? i dont wanna miss out on this event

Jubilife is the third city you travel to in the game (First Twinleaf, then Sandgem). You even get there before you battle the first gym leader. So you'll be set for the event for sure.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Thanks very much for the info,I'm really looking forward for it to come out here in the US.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    this may seem like an odd question but at these TRU events would you still be able to receive the event poke on a foreign card? Like if I walked in with a German or Japanese card would I be able to receive the event like if I had a US card?

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    not sure if i should post this here, but i just bought a used diamond from gamestop, saw it had saved data so i decided to check it out, it looks to have one or even a few event pokemon but idk how to tell if they are or not can anyone help me out? i can list em if that would help

True Justice

Years
    not sure if i should post this here, but i just bought a used diamond from gamestop, saw it had saved data so i decided to check it out, it looks to have one or even a few event pokemon but idk how to tell if they are or not can anyone help me out? i can list em if that would help

Check the PC Event List and compare the details of your Pokemon with the events on the list. Some even have photos to compare with. If they don't match up then they are more than likely hacks.

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    ok well alot of these also say the ot is ruby, that mean they were transfered to the game? also i have a torterra(what it says) but the actual name is in japanese. just when i look in my box it says its name above the pic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    FINALLY AUSTRALIAN EVENTS! :)
    we get nothing here!
    you'd think we're a bloody third world country.

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    this was put up sat im susprised it hasnt but put up yet, but here is the moveset for TRU dragonite coming out in a couple weeks

PokeBeach.com said:
    Nintendo Power has announced the moveset for the special Dragonite available for download at Toys R Us next month. It is the same Dragonite given out in Japan for the "Saikyou" (Strongest) events, and was made available to Japanese players from the middle of January to the middle of February. The magazine also stated that a special Pokemon Ranger: Shadow of Almia poster will be given out at the Toys R Us event as well. Thanks go to DrewCardUniverse for the news!

Dragonite @ Yache Berry (reduces Ice-type damage)
    Level 50
    ~ Outrage (not normally learned until LV.64)
    ~ Dragon Dance (not normally learned until LV.53)
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Draco Meteor

Since Japan has access to a level 50 Dragonite, it would seem Nintendo of America wanted the same for us as well. Perhaps the Japanese will be allowed to use Dragonite for their Video Game Showdown qualifiers, and we will be allowed too? Why else would we get this specific Pokemon?
    I'd also like to re-post this tid-bit I placed into the previous Dragonite news story, since I have not seen many people discuss it. Some of our forum members who were at Worlds heard this information stated by POP officials as well:
    The [Pokemon.com] article mentions the Dragonite will be able to be used in "official tournaments," since it fits in the level 50 category now. This seems like a good opportunity to say that at Worlds, I heard from POP officials that America would be having several Pokemon Video Game Showdowns during this current tournament season. I don't remember for sure how many they were planning to hold, but I think they said seven to nine throughout the United States (in different states, obviously). It was also said that the Video Game Showdowns would take place internationally this time too. I'm not sure when this will be revealed to the public, but it looks like Dragonite might be a precursor to an official announcement.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Japan always has to get the same events as the US. I guess it's so it won't "upset the natural balance" of Japanese events.

It's actually the other way around. America mainly gets its events from Japan. So when the US decides to have an event, they'll pretty much copy the japanese version of the event. The only instance that I can think of that breaks this cycle is the WORLD08 Lucario, which didn't have a Japanese counterpart.

Back