• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    It's for both Canada and U.S

It will be distributed over Wi-Fi through the Mystery Gift option.

So other Pokemon Events aren't like this?

What do you do for a Pokemon Event? What do they do to your DS to give you the pokemon you went there to get from the Event? Do you have to stay there to get the pokemon, or can you just go in, and go out after your done?

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    So other Pokemon Events aren't like this?

What do you do for a Pokemon Event? What do they do to your DS to give you the pokemon you went there to get from the Event? Do you have to stay there to get the pokemon, or can you just go in, and go out after your done?

All you will do is go in to your local TRU, walk-in to the video game section and just download the Wonder Card in the Mystery Gift option. All it will do, as for this event, is give you the Secret Key. When you start your game go to any PokeMart and there will be a man in a green outfit. Talk to him and he will give you the item/pokemon.

piemeup

Pokemon FAQ Master
    Years
    Pokemon Platinum Events Now In Canada!

Yes that is right! Finnaly i have waited for this to happen! (only at perticipating Toy's "R" Us) The 1st event is in Canada and the USA or on wi-fi connection Its the Rotom Key! This item will be avalible on march 19th to may 19th (in stores) And on Wi-Fi from March 20th to May 19th. Have Fun See, You There Get Your Key!

Years
    Arceus Event

Pokémon: Arceus
    PokéBall: Cherish
    Ribbon: Classic
    Moveset: Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force, and Judegement.
    [I TOTALLY CALLED THAT MOVESET]
    When: In Theaters Premiering Movie 12

There is also a shiny Pichu Event...
    Pokémon: Pichu [Shiny]
    Ribbon: None To Anyone's Knowledge
    Moveset: Charm, Endeavor, Volt Tackle, and Charge
    When: Pre-Ordering your Movie 12 Tickets

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Arceus Event

Pokémon: Arceus
    Ribbon: Classic
    Moveset: Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force, and Judegement.
    [I TOTALLY CALLED THAT MOVESET]
    When: In Theaters Premiering Movie 12

There is also a shiny Pichu Event...
    Pokémon: Pichu [Shiny]
    Ribbon: None To Anyone's Knowledge
    Moveset: Charm, Endeavor, Volt Tackle, and Charge
    When: Pre-Ordering your Movie 12 Tickets
    The events themselves have been known for a while, but do you have a source for the move sets?

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    I believe this is the first event i heard of in Canada. It's about time i'm able to get something from an event, Hopefully it goes to the maritimes.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    I love how Arceus is finally being given away, but I hate how it will be at lv. 100. Unless there's something special about it like the event Regigigas, then there's little reason to get it.

Years
    hmmmm,there's a classic ribbon for the game shaymin right?

EDIT:got the answer:P

and yes,the shaymin have the classic ribbon

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    i dont know it this is as important as Arceus and the shiny Pichu but heres my question

while I was on serebii I was reading World Video games championship and of course certain legendaries aren't allowed to be in it, but when I looked at the Pokemon, I've noticed that Rotom was on that list, why is that?

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    does anyone know when the video game tournaments will be heading to the UK and where??

thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    i dont know it this is as important as Arceus and the shiny Pichu but heres my question

while I was on serebii I was reading World Video games championship and of course certain legendaries aren't allowed to be in it, but when I looked at the Pokemon, I've noticed that Rotom was on that list, why is that?

I guess it's because the Secret Key event isn't out in some countries, so it wouldn't be fair if you could use the alternate Rotom forms.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013

It has nothing to do with them being "legendary" or not. Almost all of them are either event exclusive (Jirachi, Celebi), event+3rd gen island capture (Mew, Deoxys, etc), or evolve or found after the level 50 limit.

As for Rotom, they proably did so so it wouldn't be complicated dealing with all the forms and if one person got the key but someone else didn't.

Back