• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Urgent] Moderators needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging_Lugia

ProjectPokemon Member
Years
  • I would like to be a moderator as I have been a member hear quite a long time.
    I am strict on rules but friendly and helpful. I have ROM hacking skills and can provide support for people who need ideas and guidence.

I also have Experience as a moderator and administrator so i know my way around the Mod CP.

I hope you choose me as i would love to take this position.

Years
  • Aw, well it's sad to see him go. Anyway, I think I'd be good as a moderator. As I've been hacking for about two years, I'm popular as a romhacker. Even though some people have forgotten me, as the number of name changes I had. :P
    Oh, yeah. I'm active, very helpful, friendly. I also want to take the Romhacking forum forward. :)
    I'll be very greatful if you would give me a chance to prove myself. ;)

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
  • Well, Manipulation is gone. He left a few hours ago, and you can see from his profile that he won't be coming online anymore.

I am sorry to see people change their minds about the moderator position, especially because some of them were actually being considered for interviewing. But that's okay, moderating can be very hard.

Well since that is TRUE for now im not giving up.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • As for me? Well unfortunately I aren't that active... it's nothing I really need or anything. But I would like to see who gets accepted and all that.
    And as I know that getting a Mod possition is actually a job... except you don't get paid for it.

Also... you need an application like Christos has said in the first post of this thread. Getting a Mod possition isn't really something you really would want unless you really like helping others (like I usually help other people in need).
    People really shouldn't be thinking of getting a Mod possition just because you're thinking of just power and all that.
    Power is just like fire... you've gotta be careful with it or else it will spread and burn everything in it's path.

The higher ranks will decide who should be trustworthy enough to become someone who can be responsible enough to handle the bad situations that occur with any users that break the rules and such.

Just remember... if you aren't ready to handle a job that requires being active every single day, being nice, not abusing power, and stopping fights and such, then don't apply for one, just remember that guys. ;)

EDIT:
    Ha.....Ha......Ha.......! Manipulation is gone! Yea Right.......(April Fools) That was a good Joke.
    Ah, I knew it... how would something like that easily happen? Looks like I've found the hidden April Fools' Day joke for this year, guys. xD
    After all... there's always an April Fools' Day joke every year here at PC. So it wouldn't surprise me for something like that to trick me. :P

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Ah, I knew it... how would something like that easily happen? Looks like I've found the hidden April Fools' Day joke for this year, guys. xD
    After all... there's always an April Fools' Day joke every year here at PC. So it wouldn't surprise me for something like that to trick me. :P

I admit, this about the mod thing does seem unbelievable, however Manipulation is probably leaving for real. You haven't heard the reason (well, I think so... He told me a reason anyway), and if he was indeed making it up for an April Fools Joke, then he would be... Really sick, in a way.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Damnit, figured out! i told you all this was a joke hoping you'd all remove your applications leaving only me!

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • That doesn't mean that some parts of Spain don't have internet access. :>

Like, say, the ocean.

With the miracles of geostationary telecommunications satellites the ocean does have internet access. You just need a router and a transmitter powerful enough. :cer_wink:

Perhaps Manipulation has therefore gone to live a life at sea as Capt. Harry the Indomitable. It makes sense, what with Portugal being the masters of naval expedition (along with the British, Greeks and Chinese of course). Right now he's probably fixing his eye patch and ramming the cannons full of gunpowder while gulping down flagon after flagon of rum. :pirate:

It's a shame he's gone. He was a great mod and an even better hacker. He shall be surely missed. It's a good thing Sienna, his legacy, will be carried on by Chibi Robo. I wish him the best of luck with his plundering on the high seas. :cer_smile:

Years
  • Good luck to mr Manipulation. Sienna seemed to come to a end now that he is gone. I so need to read up on scripting this mainly that is the only hacking part I don't understand that well.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Please, we need more applications. Manipulation is already gone (you can look at his profile), so we need to choose at least one moderator very soon.
    If some of you would like to wait a few days, because it's April 1st today, that's fine, but we really need you to apply as earlier as possible.

Its is just a good and bad thing to be mod :)

Good things about being a mod:

Being well known
    People will respect you
    Power
    You do it for your own enjoyment as
    you dont get paid

Bad things about being a mod:

Annoying PMS by people not following the Report button rule
    Annoying PMS that could be answered in a Q/A threads
    You dont get paid
    Power might come to your head
    You need make some time to post here everyday

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    HELLO

Its is just a good and bad thing to be mod :)

Good things about being a mod:

Being well known
    People will respect you
    Power
    You do it for your own enjoyment as you dont get paid

Bad things about being a mod:

Annoying PMS by people not following the Report button rule
    Annoying PMS that could be answered in a Q/A threads
    You dont get paid
    Power might come to your head
    You need make some time to post here everyday

Well I am on here like everyday
    and i post something everyday
    and i am helping lots of people with roms
    and i AM annoying so other people cant annoy me XD

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • As a moderator of another site, I know that 1) Being an annoying moderator wouldn't be a good thing, 2) You need to know how to handle a level of power, and 3) Being friendly and helpful isn't enough to make you a great mod. "I look at the forum a lot and I'm nice" aren't really mod qualifications, usually, anyway. (It's not my decision what's looked for on this forum) I'm not trying to crush the dreams of the people with posts like that or anything, just letting them know that you'll need to be able to handle and not abuse responsibility.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Ok. I've been beated repeatedly. I have no choice but to make a better application.

My skills:

Eating rasin buns
    Wasting hot water
    Putting "Kick me" signs on the school bullies only to find out no one kicks them
    Prank calling my house

More skills may present an oppurtunity to be shown after a long time of longness.

Disclaimer: These skill are just understatements of real skills, when you hire me skills may expand 3 to 10 times, I don't ussually say such aspects of skills to my employers :D

Years
  • As a moderator of another site, I know that 1) Being an annoying moderator wouldn't be a good thing, 2) You need to know how to handle a level of power, and 3) Being friendly and helpful isn't enough to make you a great mod. "I look at the forum a lot and I'm nice" aren't really mod qualifications, usually, anyway. (It's not my decision what's looked for on this forum) I'm not trying to crush the dreams of the people with posts like that or anything, just letting them know that you'll need to be able to handle and not abuse responsibility.
    Your so right about what you've just said. :)

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Please, we need more applications. Manipulation is already gone (you can look at his profile), so we need to choose at least one moderator very soon.
    If some of you would like to wait a few days, because it's April 1st today, that's fine, but we really need you to apply as earlier as possible.

BEHOLD MY NEW SKILL!!!

I'm sure to get the job now!

My new joke is better ;)

Person 1: Hello

Person 2: Your fired

Person 1: ok

Person 2: Haha

Person 1: The end *everyone bows*

Years
  • Sometimes you have to be strict, being a mod might not be easy but someone has to do it. Also you have to be nice at times, or you could possibly kiss that spot as a mod goodbye. Activeness to me is a must if your going to be a mod, if your not going to be active why would you try to get a mod spot, your just wasting a mod spot that could of been filled in by a trustworthy honest person who is responsible. So I expect to see some worthy mods to be chosen out of all these applications. So good luck to everyone who wants to be a mod, though this will be tricky with all these apps.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    So good luck to everyone who wants to be a mod, though this will be tricky with all these apps.
    Uhh..wait, I don't see any apps. The only thing everyone is doing is joking around.
    There are only a few apps. Even then..

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I really hope this is real, but if it isn't eh, but anyway I hope Manipulation will have fun in Spain.

REPOSTING MY APPLICATION FROM THE FIRST PAGE:

Team Rocket's Raichu said:
    I would like to be a moderator on this forum, but I think Coolboyman would make a better one, but anyway here we go!

I think I would be a good moderator, because I have played around with tools and hex editors and I'm learning how ROMs work.
    I give constructive posts (ex. On the Luminous Yellow thread, I posted all the glitches I found along with screenshots to show them.)
    I try to be as nice as possible both on and off the internet.
    I am very active on the forum. I try to be on here at least once a day.
    I'm a Exc. in the Team Rocket group here, so you know I'm a good leader!

I doubt I'll get the position, but thank you for listening reading my application.

EDIT: I also made the Taken Hack Names thread, and I try to update it once a week or so.

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Seeing as people are reposting applications, I'll repost mine from yesterday.

I never considered being a Mod, but it would be nice to finally give something back to PC.

I've been more sufficiently active since November and over the next coming months will becoming more active due to increased amount of free time. On top of that I follow the rules like a good boy and report naughty people properly using the report button (ask Chibi Chan for proof). I respond maturely and politely, without bias, to conflicts and situations, and using the correct grammar too (though I'm not a grammar nazi and never will be).

I have a passion for ROM hacking; both the creation and playing of. I have prepared the bulk of the content in my hack Pokemon Chronicles: The Sands of Time, a link to which can be found within my signature.

I deliver all comments with a poisonous wit that combines biting sarcasm with deadly seriousness. This allows rule-reakers to know I mean business, while still remembering this is a light-hearted forum.

I am happy to help people who have queries about certain subjects, especially becaude that was the kindness offered to me when I first joined PC.

Hope I havn't sounded too full of myself. It's an application after all.

My application is serious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back