• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

US Elections 2008: Debate the Issues

Which party are you voting for? (If you could vote...) Foreigners are welcomed.

• Democratic Party (Obama/Biden...Your Democratic Congressman/Senator)

Votes: 98 63.2%
  • Republican Party (McCain/Palin...Your Republican Congressman/Senator)

Votes: 31 20.0%
  • Third Party (Green, Liberatarian...etc.)

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • I'm disillusioned. It's all campaign rhetoric I won't even bother to vote...

Votes: 19 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2008
    Either way, millions of people simply aren't allowed to get sick

wat

our economy is going down the tube
    Yeah...

people's rights are being trounced by the religious fundamentalists and/or the people who for some reason believe the constitution is some infallible decree handed down by god
    Abolish religion. PROBLEM SOLVED.

minorities everywhere are getting the short end of the stick
    Actually our illegals are getting pretty awesome treatment. Free healthcare for them and they can't be deported. Black people are doing well unless they're not trying because of a "White man screwed us" attitude. I fail to see who's getting the short end of the stick. Asians have always been successful.

Stop being ignorant and don't breed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Ok...just to make an example of Canada (Hey...hey!!! YOU GUYS ARE VOTING TOO!!! SNAP ELECTIONS ARE BEING HINTED BY PM STEPHEN HARPER!!! TO BREAK YOUR POLITICAL DEADLOCK...WHAT A COINCIDENCE eh?) There are the two major Political parties Liberal and Conservative. (Their names essentially give their positions yet I think the Canadian Conservative party is more liberal than the Democrats.) The two major Political Parties use the names Republican (or GOP Grand Old Party) and Democrat since it has been formalized about 100 years ago to differentiate themselves (and I think because it's neutral sounding.) And anyways people in the US wouldn't really want the name Liberal for the Democrats and Conservative for Republicans. And yes this is technically already a Republic and a Democracy.

Oh...Their "Official" Foreign Policy: It's too long I'll just link it up...(Remember Google is your friend) :D and it's too long to post here.

Barack Obama: https://www.barackobama.com/issues/foreignpolicy/
    John McCain: https://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/054184f4-6b51-40dd-8964-54fcf66a1e68.htm
    Third Parties: Google it up...to lazy to do so...
    Oh right, here in England they're also called the liberal and conservative parties (though liberal is the Liberal Democrats... lol).

Eh, neither policy seems to affect me, that's nice.

Stalin Malone

Order. Stability. Progress.
    Years
    Barack Obama's hatred of anyone who isn't black is proof why we should all unite against him and his people. Whether we're asian, hispanic, white, arab, native american one thing we can all agree on is that Obama is the enemy and it would be a disaster for the 88% of the US population who aren't black if he gets elected.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Barack Obama's hatred of anyone who isn't black is proof why we should all unite against him and his people. Whether we're asian, hispanic, white, arab, native american one thing we can all agree on is that Obama is the enemy and it would be a disaster for the 88% of the US population who aren't black if he gets elected.

...man, what the hell are you talking about? That's easily the most retarded thing I've heard anyone here say in a while. Wow, I mean just...wow...

Where's the "proof" that Obama hates anyone who isn't black? I don't agree that he's the "enemy" and hell, I'm probably whiter than you are. Keep your effing racism out of this forum, and don't post here unless you actually have something to contribute to the actual topic at hand.

If you don't agree with Obama's views, that's perfectly fine, but at least give an actual explanation as to why, rather then just claiming that he "hates everyone who isn't black."

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I'm referring of course to the 16% of Americans that are uninsured, and the 60% of all bankruptcies that are caused by medical expenses. What if one of these uninsured people gets sick? Are they just all expendable to you?
    I don't mean to come off as some doomsayer, but our dollar isn't worth a whole lot these days, and there's a lot of unemployent going down, AND we're in the middle of a gas crisis, just so you know.
    My History teacher from Iraq says that Americans get some of the best education in the world. I prefer believing him over some jaded guy on the intertubes.
    https://kapio.kcc.hawaii.edu/upload/fullnews.php?id=52
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/04/AR2007120400730.html
    https://media.www.dailytrojan.com/m...ank.Compared.To.Other.Countries-1005055.shtml

Also, I wouldn't expect your teacher to admit that he's not good at his job.
    Abolish religion. PROBLEM SOLVED.
    Are you autistic.
    Black people are doing well unless they're not trying because of a "White man screwed us" attitude.
    As much as I am in favor of Affirmative Action, the fact that we need it in order to level the playing field in the first place is a pretty depressing sign of the times.

Years
    Ok...

New Topic: What do you think we should do about Climate-change (Global Warming)? I think we're mostly consensual that it is real...

We just have different views on how to fight it. (Both Democrats and Republicans agree that it's real) (Turns out the environmentalists were right all along, to the dismay of "It's the greatest hoax perpetrated to the American people" former congresspersons (I'm sorry but Republicans did say that...)...If only us Americans did something about it in the 90's just like Universal Healthcare too bad we had bought what the Insurance companies said...eh...wishful thinking)

Also energy-independece since it's intertwined...

I agree with McCain on the Nuclear energy proposition but my only problem is that if we depend too much on Nuclear energy then on times of "conventional" war our enemies would just destroy the Nuclear Reactors and we would lose most of our energy source...also the environmental waste/impact worries me...

I also agree with Obama that we should diversify our energy sources (Solar, Wind, BioFuels..etc..)

Also I believe that we should have mandatory carbon caps like the Kyoto Protocol (don't give me the reason that businesses suffer because they already have record profits...maybe they should think of cutting their board of directors salaries or instead use that ad money there pumping on the media that they're "doing" something about Climate Change and ACTUALLY do something and then reveal that they did something great...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    New Topic: What do you think we should do about Climate-change (Global Warming)? I think we're mostly consensual that it is real...

We just have different views on how to fight it. (Both Democrats and Republicans agree that it's real) (Turns out the environmentalists were right all along, to the dismay of "It's the greatest hoax perpetrated to the American people" former congresspersons (I'm sorry but Republicans did say that...)...If only us Americans did something about it in the 90's just like Universal Healthcare too bad we had bought what the Insurance companies said...eh...wishful thinking)

Also energy-independece since it's intertwined...

I agree with McCain on the Nuclear energy proposition but my only problem is that if we depend too much on Nuclear energy then on times of "conventional" war our enemies would just destroy the Nuclear Reactors and we would lose most of our energy source...also the environmental waste/impact worries me...

I also agree with Obama that we should diversify our energy sources (Solar, Wind, BioFuels..etc..)

Also I believe that we should have mandatory carbon caps like the Kyoto Protocol (don't give me the reason that businesses suffer because they already have record profits...maybe they should think of cutting their board of directors salaries or instead use that ad money there pumping on the media that they're "doing" something about Climate Change and ACTUALLY do something and then reveal that they did something great...

Once again, I'll have to take the opposite stance Tommy. The global warming issue is very debatable, and I just don't see any conclusive evidence.

I'd like everyone to take a look at this quiz, which gives no slanted facts or skewed data, just pure science. You might be surprised at what you see.

https://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/GlobWarmTest/start.html

Seriously, please take a look, it's really quite interesting. And it might tell you something that you didn't find out from Al Gore or the media.

Also, this Global Warming Petition, signed by over 31000 American scientists, further proves that people who are actually educated on the earth and its environment think that global warming is a farce: https://www.oism.org/pproject/

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Should've got health insurance. But yes, they are expendable. Obviously they didn't care enough about themselves to buy insurance, so why should I care?

MAYBE THEY AREN'T BUYING IT BECAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD IT. MAYBE THEY ARE POOR/MIDDLE CLASS. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THEM? "Sucks to be you, but you should have thought about this before you decided to be born poor!"? You have no idea how the world works and/or you are inhuman.
    Affirmative Action means that you're telling minorities that they're stupid and can't get into jobs and colleges on their own. It's degrading and we DON'T need it.
    That's not the point of it. The point is not to say "Hey you're not good enough on your own", the point is to say "Hey, look, as much as we'd like to think it does, the world just doesn't work on merit alone, and there are too many closet-racists out there for you have a legitimately fair shot, so we're gonna throw you a bone." Obviously, the system isn't perfect, but it IS the lesser evil. (Also keep in mind it was intended for the benefit of places like, y'know, low-income, urban areas moreso than ORANGE BLOODY COUNTY, ONE THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLACES TO LIVE IN IN THE UNITED STATES, so I could see how you might not be able to easily observe it's impact)
    If you're motivated, you'll do well in school, but the truth is that most kids and teenagers don't really care about how well they are in school, and usually because the parents aren't pushing them enough.
    Unless you're poor and are too busy trying to help feed your family to pursue an education. Then you're just screwed.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Why are you both so selfish and stupid? Seriously, shut up and actually debate, not call each other names. How very mature....-_-

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Why are you so black? =( =( =( =( =(

Why would I need to be black to find racism morally repugnant?

I'm not going to argue with you anymore, though, as you are clearly not interested in intelligent discussion anyway.

Years
    Hm...

Megera & All-Stories= LOL...First I agree with your Points All-Stories but lets keep this a respectable thread (Go to edit and DELETE your guy's trolling) I almost started the name-calling w/ AuraSphere yesterday (Bad experience..) I mean think of the Guests who are viewing this (750+ views) and lets keep things serious Ok? Remember the PC rules: NO TROLLING, Name-Calling, and be respectful to each other...

Also Megera I live near San Pedro (the Port of Los Angeles) (Wilmington north of the Port =D ) and I see things very differently from those in generally "rich Orange County)

Years
    Hey...

It's Rebuttal time...

Once again, I'll have to take the opposite stance Tommy. The global warming issue is very debatable, and I just don't see any conclusive evidence.

I'd like everyone to take a look at this quiz, which gives no slanted facts or skewed data, just pure science. You might be surprised at what you see.

Seriously, please take a look, it's really quite interesting. And it might tell you something that you didn't find out from Al Gore or the media.

Also, this Global Warming Petition, signed by over 31000 American scientists, further proves that people who are actually educated on the earth and its environment think that global warming is a farce: https://www.oism.org/pproject/

Ok lets say that Climate Change can be doubted but both candidates DO agree about energy independece right...(lets agree on that...)
    We all know that fossil fuels are finite...it might not run out in our time, not in the next generation but IT WILL RUN OUT. Let us not give the problem to our posterity...just because "it's not our problem" doesn't mean we do not have a responsibility for our environment...

As I've said we need to diversify our energy sources (ex. solar, wind, nuclear, biofuels, even new technologies) Develop "green" jobs in the process. Isn't that what BOTH McCain and Obama want? More jobs for citizens... The betterment of our environment...The betterment of citizens just different ways of doing it?...(Even if Climate Change (Global Warming) isn't real why take chances if we can do something about it? Fighting CC will just be a consequence of this. )
    Global Warming is a communist lie much like the holocaust.

Please be mature and DON'T TROLL please EVERYBODY KNOWS THE HORROR OF THE HOLOCAUST...AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT IT WAS THE FASCISTS WHO DID THAT NOT COMMUNISTS...If you can't even do that nobody is going to listen (Save yourself, your credibility and delete your post!)

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years

Thank you. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

What people need to understand is that there is lots and lots and lots of money being pumped into "fighting global warming." So if scientists can blow up the warming idea and make it seem dangerous, and then make up a solution, they get rich very quickly. Beware.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I know of this petition. From what I've heard, most of the people who signed the petition were scientists in fields that have nothing to do with climatology.
    What people need to understand is that there is lots and lots and lots of money being pumped into "fighting global warming." So if scientists can blow up the warming idea and make it seem dangerous, and then make up a solution, they get rich very quickly. Beware.
    I'm pretty sure that's not how being a scientist works. Politicians would benefit from such scientific data, sure, but the scientists themselves risk being discredited and losing their careers if they exaggerate or falsify their findings. I don't think science has a reputation of being a lucrative career by any means.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that's not how being a scientist works. Politicians would benefit from such scientific data, sure, but the scientists themselves risk being discredited and losing their careers if they exaggerate or falsify their findings. I don't think science has a reputation of being a lucrative career by any means.

Heard of Al Gore? Inconvenient Truth? That guy is the high wizard of global warming. Read this, and maybe you'll understand why.

Need more? Okay, James Hanson (part of Al Gore's guru) once said that "some of this noise won't stop until some of these scientists are dead." Those scientists, of course, being skeptics of global warming, and the noise being counter arguments.

The thing is, science pretty much is politics, if there's money involved. Environmentalists have gone so far as to call a hotel administrator, a landscape architect, and even a gynecologist (!) "climate scientists." If the person supports the idea of global warming, the higher-ups that would profit from said idea will make sure the public thinks the person is knowledgeable and has valid information, no matter how absurd the truth may actually be.

Last edited:
    Years
    Hmmm...Tsk...Tsk

Heard of Al Gore? Inconvenient Truth? That guy is the high wizard of global warming. Read this, and maybe you'll understand why.

Need more? Okay, James Hanson (part of Al Gore's guru) once said that "some of this noise won't stop until some of these scientists are dead." Those scientists, of course, being skeptics of global warming, and the noise being counter arguments.

The thing is, science pretty much is politics, if there's money involved. Environmentalists have gone so far as to call a hotel administrator, a landscape architect, and even a gynecologist (!) "climate scientists." If the person supports the idea of global warming, the higher-ups that would profit from said idea will make sure the public thinks the person is knowledgeable and has valid information, no matter how absurd the truth may actually be.

You do know that your argument also applies EVEN MORE to the skeptics. Ever heard of the IPCC (Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change) funded BY the United Nations? So by injecting doubt into the arguments (By Big Oil companies BRIBING Climatologist into disregarding MASSIVE scientific evidence) the "special interests aka Lobbyists" can heavily influence the Political process. (Very bad if you ask the Average American)

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    You do know that your argument also applies EVEN MORE to the skeptics. Ever heard of the IPCC (Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change) funded BY the United Nations? So by injecting doubt into the arguments (By Big Oil companies BRIBING Climatologist into disregarding MASSIVE scientific evidence) the "special interests aka Lobbyists" can heavily influence the Political process. (Very bad if you ask the Average American)

Ever heard of Enron? It was a super-environmentalist company whose members wholeheartedly supported the passing of the Kyoto Protocol (which regulates U.S. emissions and confines Big Oil's business practices, by the way). Their Kyoto emissary said of the Kyoto Protocol that "this treaty will be good for Enron stock!" They didn't care about the climate, they cared about money. By the way: you can learn about the fantastic system of treachery that was Enron here.

I don't doubt that there's corruption on each side. Big Oil isn't flawless: they are out to get money, too. But they're manipulating evidence that has already been manipulated by environmentalists. What we need to know is the actual truth, what's actually going on. What really matters here is if global warming is occurring or not, who's profiting, and why. The truth is that global warming isn't really happening, environmentalists are netting fantastic amounts of money, and it's all because we have been misinformed and manipulated.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    What I think people are forgetting is that global warming is far better than the alternative, which will come eventually regardless of what we do. Global cooling would be incredibly detrimental to the economies of all countries and to the overall quality of life. I don't care about global warming that much, I just hope that the next ice age doesn't happen in my time.

Back