• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@Nakuzami: I've read over a bit of your SU, and the first significant problem that I see is that Ionization is not an air spell, but a more advanced element instead. I still need to finish reading it and Songbird also needs to have a look over it, but from what I've seen the only problem is the spell.

Technically an advanced air spell though, no? (If so, Alma can wait to learn it, lol)
I wasn't sure if that would be considered too advanced when I wrote the SU. I can change it, though.

Let me know if there's any other problems. (I wrote it a few weeks ago, so I can't really remember. There might be one or two other things that I may have taken too many liberties with. I do that sometimes.)

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Nakuzami said:
Electrical charge that can vary from a static shock to a bolt of lightning.

Unfortunately, that does not qualify as air, but it's not too far off from it, I suppose. That's what the more advanced elements are for, to mix qualities from certain elements to create new ones. Alma could still learn it eventually, seeing how more advanced elements become available when a character adds more basic elements to their repertoire.

Nakuzami

Years
Unfortunately, that does not qualify as air, but it's not too far off from it, I suppose. That's what the more advanced elements are for, to mix qualities from certain elements to create new ones. Alma could still learn it eventually, seeing how more advanced elements become available when a character adds more basic elements to their repertoire.

It's magical chemistry, man. Magical chemistryyyyyyy.
So long as she can learn it somewhere down the line, I'm content.

Anyways, I fixed it. Replaced it with "Stress Ball". Came up with that spell on the fly. Hopefully it works out.
Anything else that needs fixing?

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
As for the various classes, I'm beginning to think it might just be a better idea for the PC students to all be in one class after all, so go ahead and move Lia over if you'd like.

DeMuere's gonna have an internal fit. xD

Regardless, I guess that means that as everyone moves over, I'm going to have to restart DeMuere's presentation for everyone else to pick up on it? Unless there's just mass handout giveaways, 95% more free. Maybe there should be shifts.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
There are definitely some spots still open. Six, in fact. The only element you're not allowed to use is Metal, however, as we're trying to keep an element balance of sorts.

So go ahead and pick out an element, and Colony will set up a spot for you to make your character. :)

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Don't worry about the time as long as you can get it in. :3

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
Thanks, as a disclaimer I am still in high school so replies will not come often until after school hours.

Colony

Years
@SirFrancisBacon: I've got you reserved for one of the fire spots now.

@Nakuzami: I may or may not have found another possible issue with your SU.
Nakuzami said:
Vance that was highly skilled in the light subset of fire magicks.
I'm not quite sure if this is supposed to be light magic or fire magic, mostly due to the wording. Light magic is not a subset of fire, not to mention there is a rather lengthy list of requirements for either light or dark users to exist to begin with, of which Vance should not be able to fulfill. So, if that is what you were implying then it needs to be changed. On the other hand, if you are talking about fire magic then it's fine.

Nakuzami

Years
@Nakuzami: I may or may not have found another possible issue with your SU. I'm not quite sure if this is supposed to be light magic or fire magic, mostly due to the wording. Light magic is not a subset of fire, not to mention there is a rather lengthy list of requirements for either light or dark users to exist to begin with, of which Vance should not be able to fulfill. So, if that is what you were implying then it needs to be changed. On the other hand, if you are talking about fire magic then it's fine.

Oh. Well, when I wrote the SU I probably wasn't aware of how exactly you categorized your magic and the restrictions on Light and Dark magic. (Truthfully I still don't really know.)

I'm not sure what you qualify as Light, but basically . . . well, when I originally wrote these characters, they were for a Percy Jackson story. Alma was a daughter of Hekate, so her transition to this was easy. Vance was a son of Iris. So, he pretty much just shot flippin' rainbows everywhere.
The only thing I thought of for him was creating flashes of light and bending the light spectrum to create pretty colors. That's probably something you'd place under Light magic, though, right? If so, I can make it fire magic. You can create pretty colors with fire, so that'd work, lol.

Colony

Years
Yep, modifying light in any way, such as creating light-only flashes and diffusing the spectrum, would fall under light. Don't worry so much on not knowing the full restrictions on Light and Dark magic, only three people know them for certain reasons. Different color fire should qualify for your magical chemistry, no? ;)

Nakuzami

Years
Yep, modifying light in any way, such as creating light-only flashes and diffusing the spectrum, would fall under light. Don't worry so much on not knowing the full restrictions on Light and Dark magic, only three people know them for certain reasons. Different color fire should qualify for your magical chemistry, no? ;)

Of course! Just changed two words ("light subset" to "art") aaaaaand it's all better~
Anything else that needs to be fixed? I've got nothing better to do right now.
Well, I have homework, but I wouldn't call that better.

But I am now curious about Light and Dark magic.
Does one need to be godly powerful to learn such magicks? hmm? hmmmmmmm?

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
They're elements that only appear within certain people at birth, because Colony has plot. So, no one can really learn it. :3

Anyways, I don't see any particular problems left in your sheet, so if Colony's good to go you're accepted. I just wonder how she's going to fight. xD

Nakuzami

Years
Unlearnable magicks. Poop.

She can just hit people with her staff if she's not willing to use Stress Ball, lol.

Also, when I do get to make my initial post, should she just . . . pop up in a random class or something? (I haven't been around to see what others have been doing, really. Pfft)

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
You can do whatever you want with her, honestly, as long as it's within her means. She could be in Room 101 listening to Dr. DeMuere, in her dorm room, or outside fighting with another student or something.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Also, when I do get to make my initial post, should she just . . . pop up in a random class or something? (I haven't been around to see what others have been doing, really. Pfft)

I recommend, personally, as an RPer, to start out with being in Dr. DeMuere's room. The character gets the information she needs, and you get a place to start from. this totally isn't influenced by the fact that it eases the strain on DeMuere at all

Colony

Years
Yep, I see no problems since the light thing has been amended. Nakuzami is accepted. For the sake of ease, I would probably do what Kenneth and Songbird suggested.

Nakuzami

Years
Okey dokey! I'll see about getting my first post up today. Since it's both the start of the weekend and Christmas break, I don't have any other pressing matters to attend to before I disappear for the few days around Christmas.

EDIT: I posted~
Ninety percent of the time that I spent on the post was me trying to figure out how I wanted to do the CSS, lol

Last edited:

Colony

Years
I know the holidays are here and that activity will probably be lower over the next week or so, but at the moment it would be greatly appreciated if a some of the characters who haven't made it over to class 101 yet would please try to at least get into the classroom. Once a few more students enter the room we can move on to the end of day interactions and get to progressing to day 2. Also, for those who haven't posted it quite some time (two weeks or more), please post soon. If for some reason you are unable to post, please inform either me or Songbird so that we can at least know you haven't lost interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back