• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Thanks for posting. Hopefully the activity jumps back up soon. :D

I'll try to give the arena some better description soon.

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
(Alright, here it be! I think I've made all the necessary tweaks, and with that finished I'll go back to reading every single IC post while I wait to be accepted or informed of what still needs to be fixed.)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
It is now accepatepaded, since Colony seems to have approved and you added your limits. :3

You make first post now!

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
For those of you who've posted I personally want to thank you, but for those who haven't get to posting! I really don't like to give deadlines, but for those who haven't posted or given me or Songbird a good reason why you've been inactive since class was let out by the tenth of February then you will be placed on a 72-hour probation. If you fail to post within the time frame of the probation, then you will be removed. Of course, this is not what I'd like to see happen, so please post within before the tenth.

Just to be clear, the following individuals are considered inactive:
  • Dualik
  • Ziposaki
  • DarkMoonPhase
  • Resolution
  • Genesis

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Just as a warning, the people Colony had listed above will have until tomorrow (the tenth, for most of us) to at least give either of us a good enough excuse for not having posted.

Colony

Years
Okay, so in an attempt to revitalize activity SongBird and I want to know what you, the players, would like to see in Vale IC Day 2 and even further in the RP. We really want to know what you guys want, just so we can make it more enjoyable and interesting for everyone. Is there a big event you guys would like to do? Maybe a certain class? Please, let us know!

Colony

Years
Note to all currently active members of Vale. If at all possible, please start wrapping up your interactions for the end of the IC day. We'd like to start the next IC by the 21st of February, so that gives about a week, which should be plenty of time for day conclusion posts. Thanks in advance.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Okay, so in an attempt to revitalize activity SongBird and I want to know what you, the players, would like to see in Vale IC Day 2 and even further in the RP. We really want to know what you guys want, just so we can make it more enjoyable and interesting for everyone. Is there a big event you guys would like to do? Maybe a certain class? Please, let us know!

Ah, I finally thought of something. I definitely would like to see a few normal days thrown around among eventful days. Maybe days where classes assign group work or something like that; generally just a day that's just like any other day. I think what some RPs lose in the value of fun you have is that they have too much stuff going on, and sometimes I'd rather have a regular day to get a feel for what my characters do. Just a day where everything's relaxed, chill, and it's probably just interaction driven.

Not that I'm not for action [because action is usually fun, especially here |3], but it's always been a thought of mine. The only thing is that it'll hold interest for only so long, so I guess it's a bit of a faulty idea; hence why you don't see it often.

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
You will be getting plenty of regular days to relax and have classes, and fighting is completely optional on days that don't have special events (which will not include genderbending). Healing magic doesn't get rid of the fatigue from trying to kill each other.

We'll also have stuff for the students to do that doesn't involve studying and blowing each other up; more options will become available over time to get some recreational use out of your magic, and make use of non-magical talents. Along with that, feel free to talk with Colony and me about ideas you have for making your character stronger or otherwise more capable (like making up a teacher/student that mentors them in learning a second element), or even making another character entirely—just make sure you talk with us about it. :3

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 24, 2015
Name: (First, Last, Middle Optional)Elizabeth Rose Stewart

Nickname: (Optional) Ellie

Element: (Fire, Water, Earth, Metal, or Air, refer to the available slots to see what elements are available) Water

Spells: (1-3 based on the element of your choice)
Water Manipulation: Generally moving water, Ellie has no idea how to use this in combat but knows it is good at embarrassing people.
Water shoot: With water nearby she can either create a Channel of water to aim at people or to use to fly/hover.
Water growth: Ellie can create more water from not much, this joins well with water shoot and also allows her to flood small areas.

Appearance: (Picture, or 100 words)
Very short blonde hair with bright blue eyes, fairly short and has very pale skin. Has a small mole on her right cheek and a few scars or various parts of her body that have been caused by sheer stupidity. The most prominent scar is found just above her left eye and was caused recently by her splitting water just as she was trying to dive. She has a very odd fashion sense and is almost never seen in anything but leggings. She almost never wears makeup and is never found in a dress unless it is required for something hugely important. Sometimes Ellie will be found walking around in her leggings and a hoodie and be mistaken for a boy, but she doesn't mind.

Personality: (100 word minimum, preferably over 200)
Ellie is very strange. She isn't very good at making friends but she isn't particularly unsocial or mean, people just don't seem to get her. She is fairly comfortable around large groups of people but much prefers to be on a computer. She enjoys both playing on the computer and reading lots which don't really match together and she also gets very good grades. She is good at focusing but is awful at being creative. She enjoys swimming and if she doesn't go swimming in the morning then she will be in a bad mood for the rest of the day and when she is in a bad mood she is very argumentative and slightly violent. Comes across as very shy and people may even think she is mute.

History: (200 word minimum, preferably over 300)
When Ellie was young she was always obsessed with water, she was obsessed with the way it moved, how it reacted to different things. Her parents were sure it was just a stage but her grand parents always said it was more but refused to explain. At around 5 Ellie began to watch a TV show about mermaids, she wanted to be just like them and control the water whenever she was near it. Her parents sent her to say swimming lessons and she enjoyed them lots, she would never want to leave the pool. She went through primary school with few friends, none of them being her age. Sometimes when she had a new teacher they would be concerned by now much water she would consume, she drank about a litre an hour and that number has only increased as she has gotten older. Her few friends that she did have left her when she went to secondary school and there she made no friends.
She was a loner, that weird kid that just goes to school, goes through the day and then leaves. Many people thought she was mute for a while and would tease her. That always turned out badly for them, imagine being in science boiling water over a Bunsen burner and then it shoots out at your face, no sensible person is ever going to blame anyone for that, definitely not the weird kid that doesn't talk. Ellie never realised it was herself either, she just believed it was karma. Most "karma" seemed to happen in science class, it was when Ellie was happiest.
She had always enjoyed science but at the beginning of secondary school it was awful, in her first science lesson they were told they weren't allowed water in the lab. She had a double lesson which meant it was just under two hours long. She had fainted just under halfway through that lesson. After waking up she drank a litre of water in just under 5 minutes. The science teacher was informed that she had to have a way of drinking water and so it was sorted out. Ellie was never away from water. Whether she was swimming or had her water bottle, she even had multiple water bottles in her bed for drinking in the night. Ellie went swimming more often, at one point she was a lifeguard but she found that hardly included any swimming so she instantly gave up.
At around 15 the people at school got worse, they told her she was getting fat from drinking too much water but she knew the opposite was true, she looked anorexic. Even knowing this though, she tried to please the bullies. She ate less, exercised more strictly and began to drink even more water. They were never pleased though. Soon she began to believe them, she would look at where she could find all the fat on her body. Karma stopped working. She hated how she was, and the water did too, test tubes constantly shot water at her face, kettles would overflow and burn her fingers, her only true friends through all the years had turned against her just as she was doubting herself.At 16 she weighed less than she had at 13 and it was strongly showing, everyone would call her weak and would bully her, mainly verbally. She had her first fight at sixteen, it was terrible, she got beaten horribly and the teachers complained at her for causing trouble when she had been attacked.
Early seventeen was her worst though. It was the end of her second to last year of school. She was attacked at school, this had become a regular occurrence. She went swimming after school, it was her way of calming down, even if her old friend the water did hate her. She did some diving, the first few went fine but then she considered how easy it would be to just jump sideways off of the top board, it would be painless, she would hit the floor and all the pain would be gone but she couldn't bring herself to do it, instead she went to the 7 metre board. She jumped off and as she approached the water a flicker of doubt ran through her head, why couldn't she have gone to the ten? It was with that flicker of doubt that the water opened beneath her. She thought she was imagining it.
When she awoke at the hospital 5 hours later with many stitches above her left eye, it was clear she hadn't been. She tried to look around, there were nurses and one other person, it wasn't her mum or dad, they were too busy to worry about her almost dying. It was her best friend from primary school, Hannah. Hannah had always enjoyed swimming too but they had drifted apart, Hannah was at the pool swimming when Ellie had dived. Ellie saw Hannah staring at her on the table and noticed her expression. Ellie was about to explain that she knew she was fat and ugly but then Hannah started complaining about how skinny she was. Ellie was convinced they were looking at different people to begin with but Hannah was very convincing. The next week Ellie had gone into school, she had begun to eat properly again and was already feeling stronger but still unsure of herself. She was at the water fountain when it happened, the large confrontation.
The bullies came up to her again, everyone obviously on their side. This time though, she retaliated, she explained to them how she was better than them, skinnier, prettier and much kinder than they will ever be, whilst the onlookers stared at her, shocked she had spoken. She watched the bullies faces turn to dismay, and then she knew that she was right, she was better than them, and it felt good. The water fountain then began to spray very strongly directly at the bullies, soaking them thoroughly, karma was back. The next day Ellie's Nan wanted to talk to her, her Nan mentioned magic, and although it sounded crazy, it made sense. Ellie had her confidence back and her Nan was sending her to magic school.

Code: (To make sure you read the rules)Challenge me!!!

Other: (For anything not included in the other categories)

Last edited:

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Okay, we can only really comment on two things, because we can't properly evaluate your SU in its existing state.

Your choices in spells are extremely limited. You cannot do much with what you have, and in general, it's just extremely basic and uncreative for someone who's supposed to have been obsessed with water their entire lives. Think outside the box a bit? Look at other character sheets, maybe? (I suggest doing that anyways to get some ideas.)

Please separate your character's history into multiple paragraphs. It's kind of a wall of text.

For her personality and appearance, it just needs to be detailed better. There's not much to either of them. (A picture could have been excusable for the appearance, though, if you'd like to use one instead of describing them in text.) Aim for about 200 words on the Personality (and you can use a word counter to figure out how far you're from it), and give her some better characterisation in the Appearance—all you've really given us in the latter section is her hair and two facial features, so we can't visualise the rest of her body at all. Right now, I'm thinking a midget Ellen DeGeneres with a mole and a scar. That's probably pretty far from what you had in mind. xD

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm guessing there's room here? I'm thinking I might give this RP a go again, with a new character. Anyone willing to give a synopsis so far, and possibly let me know what the situation is with elements and sexes so I can possibly balance it out (or at least avoid making it any worse)

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Day 1 is finally ending (all the latest relevant posts should be on the last page of the IC); all elements are available; no one has been genderswapped. Sexes are pretty evenly split.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I mean how many of reach element are being taken and what's the sex ratio at the moment?

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Sex ratio is 4:5. Girls are winning. They're still winning if I counted Imari and Soren.

Elements are: 3 Air, 2 Metal, 1 Earth, 1 Water, 1 Fire, and Zane is Light.

Last edited:

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
I wrote an SU earlier, but due to the PC logging you out if you're afk for too long, it disappeared. Now, before I rewrite it, can I ask something? Would nature and wildlife count in earth? I don't think wildlife would, but I originally made a spell where vines would wrap around people. I'm also wondering if I'd be able to talk to animals, which I'm 99.9% sure that the answer will be no. Thanks ^-^

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Earth magic is restricted to the ground itself; dirt and stone. You won't be able to control any forms of life with earth magic, plant or otherwise. Likewise, water magic is also restricted to its liquid state; you can't use water magic to make ice, despite the obvious connection. Still, nothing says you can't make a dirt-vine or something. Work with what you get, and all that jazz.

And no, you most definitely cannot talk to animals. You get a lot more in terms of options for spells as the RP goes on, but talking to animals will simply never happen. The first reason is that there are few to no animals in this RP; the second reason is that I've never seen it done in a way that warrants having that kind of ability, making it one of the worst choices in trying to make a creative character. I'm a little sad that it took accidentally losing your SU to ask us, but points for having asked at all. :3

Last edited:

Colony

Years
Great seeing some new faces and even the return of some old ones as well. I'd like to reiterate on what SongBird said about the elements, also add something about one in particular. There are distinct reasons why elements have such strict boundaries, if a GM, Birdy or me, turns down an idea for a spell and we say it doesn't fit the element, then chances are there is a more advanced element that can do what the incorrect spell is meant to do.

As mentioned earlier, there are two particular elements that I would like to make clear are off limits. The element that I am speaking of are the Darkness and Light elements. There is quite literally dozens of reasons as to why this is so, most of which are extremely plot relevant, so you must understand I am unable to delve any deeper in the matter. The available list of elements can be found on the initial post in both the IC and OOC, and at the moment, every primary element has at least one spot open.

Edit: The new IC day is up, have some fun before class starts, maybe get a bite to eat!

Last edited:

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Day 2 is now officially underway! That means wake up. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back