• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
@Kenneth: If you'd like, then by all means. I think it would be kind of cool to see 'Mari in action, though. I understand how exams and what not are rapidly approaching for many of us (I have college finals near the end of April/beginning of May). Personally, I don't see how the slight down time for activity would be a problem. Besides, the tournament wouldn't be until the IC weekend (Friday afternoon-Sunday afternoon), and it's only early/mid-week. Granted, we do plan on getting the plot to progress at a much quicker pace soon, but Birdy and I have been kinda busy. We plan on getting the class started this week, so that's always nice.

@Tenth: Cool, I can't wait to see the finished product, but I can say that I like the pic and that everything is looking interesting so far. Btw, I didn't know you were using Birdy as your inspiration, XD.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
the new su will be up soon. I had a very bad misconception with earth magic. Thank you for clearing that up :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
My new SU!

Name: Heather Jones

Nickname:

Element: Earth

Spells:

Stone Shield~ The user casts a stone shield around them using a lot of energy to protect them from high damaging magic. If the user falls asleep, the shield disintegrates after 10 minutes.

Stone Build~ Stone is created by combining elements in the air. It can be formed in any shape, but the larger it is, the more energy it takes to create.

Golem Create~ Stone is moved to create the illusion of life. The golems take more energy to move the larger they are.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Heather Jones is a nice girl once you get to know her. At first, she appears to be the kind of girl who would stay away from others, as she looks small and frail. She uses this to her advantage and at first people she meets feel sorry for her. After a quick chat, you would know she is very popular in her village and wants to do nothing more than hang out with some friends. There is only one thing she hates, and that is someone better with magic than her. If you make her angry, there is no stopping her. Then again, it is hard to get her upset in the fist place.

History: When she was 5, she was stuck in her house after an earthquake. A section of the stone floor she had been standing on had risen off the ground because of her magic. She was the only one in her village to survive. As she lived alone in the area around where her home used to be, she started to grasp the fact that she could control stone. If something threatened her, stone would rise around her, protecting her from whatever tried to hurt her. The downside was that when this happened, she would become exhausted and fall asleep. To try to not fall asleep right after this happens, she started sleeping more to conserve energy, which led to her being able to manipulate stone at will. Using this, she started to build structures such as houses near where she used to live. By the time she was 15, she had made a very small town completely out of stone. When she was satisfied with it, she sat out to find another village. When she found one, she said that she had found an intact village of stone. As she led some people back to her village of stone, she told them she had no family. They let her keep the smallest house in the village and she is very happy there.

Code: Challenge me!!!

Other: She wears her duel clothes when there may be duels that day.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
We have another glaring problem that screws up literally the entire thing. Sorry; I probably should have brought it up when you made the first one, so that one's on me. However, I did explicitly request that you read the other sign-ups and our reviews of them to find out what kind of things are or aren't allowed. The following question should not come as a shock.

How did she not die? That is, she's five years old and somehow manages to live on her own for ten straight years with no help or communication from any other living things whatsoever. Do you see the buttload of problems that come from this yet?

If you'd like, I am willing to list off everything else that's problematic, and Colony and I are more than willing to try helping you to create an acceptable character, but this is, without a doubt, the most important thing that ruins the entire signup.

Also, please don't double post.

Last edited:

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
So... it took longer than I thought for me to finish my SU but it's finally done :) I've edited my previous post to include the completed form under the spoiler. If I need to change/modify anything just let me know.

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I (very thankfully (seriously, it's a huge relief)) see no problems with your spells. Dragonfire is well-balanced to leave Gwen vulnerable in at least one way, and Fire Flight gives Gwen a good reason to call Soren her senpai. I demand they be friend! (It's pretty much exactly the same as one of Soren's spells, which isn't a bad thing, and it's acceptable since I redacted everything in Soren's sheet, so the only thing to go on about Soren's spells is a couple posts involving a fight. Speaking of, I should un-redact some of that.)

I noticed you described her behavior as antisocial, but "asocial" is the word you're looking for with her general indifference/avoidance in regards to the real world. "Antisocial" behavior is much more hostile towards society. Not a problem with the SU, just something I found while reading it that a lot of people miss. :3

Last edited:

Colony

Years
After a some discussion of your SU, Tenth, we decided that Gwen is accepted. You are free to begin her second day at Vale; grab some breakfast and head to class. Also, Birdy wants Gwen and Soren to be gamer buddies.

Last edited:

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Nope, we are closing up shop, shutting down and falling out. Colony's kicking everyone out, and I'm burning the place down for the insurance money imeanwat?

Yes, Vale is still open to new players. Simply fill out one of the character sheets and submit it to the OOC thread here, and wait for Colony's and my approval. If we don't let you through, we'll tell you what's wrong and needs to be fixed before you can start posting in the IC thread. Then you try fixing it and the cycle starts over.

Since you're new to the RPC however, I recommend joining an RP with more lenience than Colony and I give. Joining an RP like the Pokémon Trainer Academy can help you make friends a lot easier, too, thanks to its population.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
I'd like to reserve a spot for a Fire user, if that's alright with you guys. (Finding other things than Minecraft to occupy my time)

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
The RP is already active. You can't really reserve anything.

Still, we do have a pyromancer spot open, so feel free to make a signup for it. (Though we're hurting for geomancers more than anything.)

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
I actually went into my SU planning to make a geomancer but by the time Guinevere's character was fleshed out... I just couldn't pick anything else but fire :P I'm still considering making another character and having her/him use earth magic but I haven't decided on anything yet.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Question before I post: is everyone together for homeroom or do the different elements have their own homerooms? Planning on posting sometime tomorrow and wanted to be sure.

Colony

Years
@siiadams: Everybody is in the same class. To compensate for the various different elements, the teachers cycle for every class.

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Just a note: Things are being moved along, and class starts at 8:00. Make sure your characters are in class, time-skipped to class, or otherwise heading there so they can embarrass themselves by trying to sneak in during demonstrations.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 8, 2014
Name: Ardor Arkwright

Nickname:

Element: Metal

Spells:
King's Shield- Allows Ardor to create a wall of metal in front of him but takes a lot of energy to do so and it can only last a few minutes at a time.
Rightful King- It covers Ardor's hands with a thin but powerful piece of armor.

Appearance: Ardor is almost always wearing a full length trench coat that is zipped up all the way but he still able to run in it. Underneath the trench coat, on the few occasions that he takes it off, there's a long-sleeved black shirt, black jeans and boots. If he ever decides not to wear his trench coat he always wears a hoodie with a griffin on the front. He is a very strong guy being able to carry over 200 pounds of weight, he weighs 170 pounds and is 5' 9'' tall with long dark brown hair that reaches his lower back. Ardor also has a mask, his favorite one is a mask is a mask that looks like Rorschach's from the Watchmen, that he wears everyday because of a philosophy that he was taught by his step father which was nobody wants to see his face but underneath that mask he has an eye patch over his left eye and a scar going from the upper right hand corner of his face going down to the lower left hand corner.

Personality: Ardor can be very nice if you get to know him. He's socially awkward and prefers to be by himself rather than hanging out with other people. He finds some human emotions baffling such as love and greed. You are most likely to find him in his room if there are too many people around places he likes to hide. He can be shy if someone comes up to talk to him but he will get nicer if you persist in talking to him. He also likes to keep his friends safe and if you are one of them, he will defend you with his entire being.

History: Ardor has had a fairly good life. As we grew up he did get bullied a lot and one day he was building a set for his school's play a nail slipped and impaled his eye and from then on he wore the mask and coat. When he was nine his grandfather died and his dad became an abusive drunk. His mom ended up leaving with him and they moved to a far away city where then he discovered his powers. One day as he walked through a construction site small pieces of metal reacted to him and he learned to make the shield but his mother didn't like it and sent him to foster care where his foster family took good care of him and there was a mancer who taught him how to use his powers. During his time there, his sister had to protect him because he had anger issues and if he got mad, he would kill. He then got so dependent on his sister to the point that he cannot talk to other people. During one incident his sister was killed in a car accident and Ardor shut himself away from the world. His parents and his one best friend tried to coax him out of his isolation but with no avail. One day he got the letter to go to Vale Academy and he went as a hope to cure himself of his social awkwardness.

Code: Challenge me!

Other: (For anything not included in the other categories)

Songbird

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Our response is complete. Probably not as polite as it should be, but...

I am sure I can handle this roleplay, but thanks for the advice.
You said you could handle it. Also, if you've read through the rest of the OOC (which I'm almost positive you didn't), you'd know that you won't find the kindest of Roleplay Corner reviews in this thread. We really don't want to discourage you from the RPC, or roleplaying as a whole. This is simply how I (and by extension, Colony) conduct character sheet reviews. Many GMs are much, much nicer.

If Magic/Skymin comes in and finds it too offensive, I'll remove the review.

Basically, there are a lot of things that need to be dealt with before we can accept him. Literally all of it below the Element section, though I'm sure he'll get bullied for the name.

My comments are in red, and Colony's comments are in blue.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back