• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Valentines Day

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I just looked at the calander and there it was, staring at me, laughing at me.

As you all know, Valentines Day is comming up.
    What's you're opinion on it?

Personally, I hate it. If you love someone with all your heart, you should be doing little things for them all the time. It's all over rated.

I'm not just saying that because I'm single and I've never been in a relationship over valentines day. No, I'm really not. I just don't like the damn holiday.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Welcome to Lovey-Holidays-Suck world
    As usual, I'm stuck single over the curse-in-disguise hallmark money-making conspiracy.
    :/
    I'd rather enjoy being able to do something over V-day.
    But I've been "friend-zoned" for the past few years.
    It's just fanfreakingtastic.
    D:
    Let's have a single's party on V-day. bahah

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    lol it's not that bad i spent the last 5 years at my secondary school and not get anything its been depressing, watching people kiss other peoples brains out.... i better stop talking now i could rant on forever XD

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Personally, apart from Haz's birthday being on the 14th, I don't really see much cause for celebration. -_-

My view on this is that it's a Christian holiday which has it's roots in Christianity. I'm a Muslim so I don't celebrate Christian holidays. I don't hate the specific holiday, I just could care less about it. But, I do respect other people's religious beliefs.

Before you start on Valentine's Day being a Secular holiday, let me remind you that in Islam there is no Valentine's day. So I don't really see a point. :D
    Happy Valentine's Day to those who do celebrate it though! I wish you the best of luck in your love life endeavors.

If you ask me, if you want to show someone you love them, do it everyday. You don't need a special day to show them you love them. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Valentine's Day is funny. The gifts I receive are the most hilarious when they're meant to be taken seriously. Like a cactus on top of my car with a notecard saying "I do believe we have potential," what the hell

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I'm going to be on a plane for most of valentines day, so it can't bother me this year. Personally i think its just a cheap way to get hallmark a bit more money, if you really loved someone you wouldn't narrow it to one day, you would show it all the time. Me and my girlfriend spend quiet, romantic days together all the time, and we enjoy a lot, so why should we narrow it down to one cold day in february?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I like the holiday for all the cute plushies in the stores. A lion with a pink mane and purple/yellow hearts on a white body with a heart as a tail? Adorable.

...I like Easter the most though. I really like all the different colored rabbits. Even though it doesn't make much sense as to why rabbits fit into Easter. xD

As for celebrating it, me and my boyfriend just switch who buys the candy on sale for the day. We already show our love enough, so we just take advantage of the sales. X3
    I also very much liked how in Elementary School, everyone got **** tons of candy. But that's just me liking free food. :P

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    Meh, valentines day what a waste of a day.. if you want a day to celebate your love for each other. that is what anniveries are for

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    ...Wow. And heres me never, ever, getting anything for valentines day, not even off friends. :/

Ouch. D:

It was required at my school that if you brought one, you needed one for everyone. So that's why I got it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten anything because I was the class bully. Stabbing people with pencils for cutting me in line, punching kids because they thought Dragonite sucked. That kind of stuff.

OhMyFuzzy69

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    it is overrated, its just so that card company's can make lots of money selling overpriced 50cent cards for $6 and sell huge teddy bears for $50 that they pay people out of the US a $1 to make. Also its a holiday to get men into trouble. If you dont get her something, you must not love her and everyone looks down on that. Here we have 2 of these the other one is sweetest day which is in like October i think so i guess 1 hallmark event isn't good enough around here. I guess i better start ordering 2 dozen red and black roses and alot of chocolate -_-. I may hate it but it gets the girlfriend to smile and i get a steak so i guess its not so much of a loss

~Fuzzy

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I guess i better start ordering 2 dozen red and black roses and alot of chocolate -_-. I may hate it but it gets the girlfriend to smile and i get a steak so i guess its not so much of a loss

You could do one better and get her a favorite flower. Might get two steaks and a video game for that. ;D

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Personally, I don't mind the holiday... when I have someone to spend it with, that is. I don't really like being reminded that I'm all alone, though. :'( I don't see why there's so much hate toward it by others, though. I mean, if you don't like it, just don't celebrate it; if your partner cares that much, s/he probably isn't right for you, anyway. As for myself, though, I always just used it as another excuse to be romantic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's worse to be in a relationship, means you have a social inclination thrust upon you to buy stuff for them which you OTHERWISE WOULD ANYWAY. I just see it as an excuse for women to ask for more chocolate than usual.

could care less
    couldn't

@ Apophenia
    My edit: 09:16 PM
    Your post: 09:23 PM

Not the first time someone began quoting me before I finished editing my post as I do constantly... Sorry for any confusion/offence/stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    You fail English forever.

Mizan is Malaysian, IIRC, so English is his second language. -_-

To all the people who say that you should show your love to your partner every day of the year instead of on just one day... uh, yeah, we sorta do. It's not like people just ignore their partners on other days. v.v

Anyway. I was fine with it before I was attached, and it's even better now that I am.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I think it's a cute holiday and it gives a chance to people who don't know how to approach their crushes. Personally, I don't take part since I never have a crush or someone I fancy around Valentines day. Even if I did, I would rather be with them before Valentines day so I can get them something nice - not just go to them like some stalker and give them presents that they'll likely throw away.

Years
    It was fun in elementary school when everyone got candy. :D
    This age though, it's just like every other holiday I loved as a kid: It's not as fun if you're not in a relationship. /so ronery

Back