• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    and this is exactly why i shouldn't avoid the forum until pokemon sunday :/
    I CHOOSE both.... they both look amazing :)
    i'm gonna get black though (even though i like the white on better)

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    * Well, I for one am either going to get White or I'm going to get Black and then hack it so that Zekrom is in it.

* Zekrom is definetly ftw, even though they do start to look a little like Digimon, honestly in my opinion this is a good thing. Pokemon needs to stop appealing to little brat 6 year olds and give us older fans something fun to toy with. It doesn't have to be "M-rated" but just Pokemon that scream "Bad***" is a great idea.

* They do kind of look like Mecha, all the more reason to love them. <3

@ Dutchess: Wow, you are just oh so full of maturity? Do you care to elaborate and describe your toilet and the things that inhabit it? \sarcasm

On second thought...I jumped too early; everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it would just be nice if it could be a civilized, mature opinion.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    WAIT
    i just noticed...
    the white one is going to be the mascot of Pokemon Black and the black one is going to be the mascot of Pokemon White?
    so this is Ying-Yang?

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    WAIT..... AGAIN
    so if this will in fact mean that we are getting Ying Yang, does that mean the white one is Light type?

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
    Years
    I agree. Though we only really had 3 dragon mascots in the last two gens (Palkia, Dialga, and Rayquaza in Emerald) I think that is enough for now. However, I wouldn't mind if they were dragon...I got a feeling that they will be.

Um...aren't you forgetting Giratina? In Platinum?

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    I don't see how Pokemon is a ripoff of Digimon? Pokemon came first, right? Digimon is just Pokemon that have taken some 'roids; really....but yeah Agumon should totally be a starter Pokemon.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I think it helps show that your Pokemon are small, yet they can conquer giant beasts.

The Black legendary looks kinda dumb, but the White one looks more Pokemon. It looks really cool.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    I don't see how Pokemon is a ripoff of Digimon? Pokemon came first, right? Digimon is just Pokemon that have taken some 'roids; really....but yeah Agumon should totally be a starter Pokemon.

Acoording to my information.... Digimon came first.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    As long as they aren't dragons, i might actually use them in-game! I dislike dragon-legendaries for unknown reasons(except for Latios and Latias)...

Edit: Im getting black version now. Reshiram FTW!!!

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    I agree. Though we only really had 3 dragon mascots in the last two gens (Palkia, Dialga, and Rayquaza in Emerald) I think that is enough for now. However, I wouldn't mind if they were dragon...I got a feeling that they will be.

okay, to clear everything up we had 4 dragon mascots(rayquaza, dialga, palkia, and giratina), plus 2 extra in gen three(latias and latios). 6 dragons plus a possible two more is to many for me. and in a way lugia reminds of a dragon but that is a whole nother conversation.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    About them not seeming to be a Pokemon:
    In the 215th volume of Nintendo Power, (which featured an article about the then upcoming Pokemon Diamond and Pearl) Sugimori said, "I do feel that I always want to show new Pokemon that people have never seen before. To do that, I think of ways that I can surprise the players. That doesn't mean anything goes as long as the idea's new, but I design the new Pokemon so the players can believe that these are different from previous Pokemon, but are still Pokemon. Even if people say these don't look like Pokemon at first, they're designed so that they grow on you. As you look at it, it begins to look more like a Pokemon. They're designed intentionally to look a little awkward at first."

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Reshiram just own doesn't she? :D
    And aww, now that made some senses - Especially when the new region is high technology'ed :)

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Pokemon came before Digimon. Pokemon was inspired by a man in Japan who caught Bugs. He called them Pokemon. Digimon came only a little more than a year later.

Pokemon came out in 1996. Digimon came out in 1997.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    the white one is HIDEOUS

but the black will be dark/dragon, id bet you a million it is :P

i think the white one is normal/flying
    maybe pure flying XD

ill probably learn to love the white one

but ive already concluded on gettin pokemon white, the black one has that mewtwo feel to it XD

Years
    Did anybody notice how the legendaries have become increasingly scary/less cutesy? Mewtwo was a big kangaroo-kitty, the birds were very cartoon-like, Ho-Oh and Lugia again look like big weird birds, and then we start seeing more serious looking legendaries with Groudon and Kyogre. Then Palkia and Dialga look just plain monstrous, and now look at those things. Reshiram and Zekrom really look like legendaries to be feared. I am really loving this.

AvianAzure

The Azurean Knight
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    I actually really DONT like them =/ they just seem.... i don't know how to describe it but they just look.... bleh to me... and too similar to each other...

Years
    thos look like doo doo and poop in my toilet XD

You have the right to your opinion, but are you really 6 years old? I'm surprised you learned how to type. I never imagined that kids could use computers at such a young age. Anyway, I do agree with you...they are not the prettiest pokemon but they do look very cool.

Cid

Years
    I guess I'm the only one that thinks the white one looks okay, haha. I bet that thing at the bottom of it wasn't intended, but it sure is making a fuss.
    I admit, the black one looks cooler, though.

Both would probably grow on me, since I trust they know how to make Pokemon like that.

I still don't know which one I'm getting, since you shouldn't trust first impressions all the time. You never know, maybe the white one might just kick ass in battle.

Back