• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    I love them both, for the first time since GSC I actually like the mascots!
    Anywho, I think Reshiram will be flying/fighting and Zekrom will be dark/steel or dark/flying.
    No, they aren't neutral towards one another, but neither were Dialga and Palkia, sooo...
    At least, I don't think they were neutral. Maybe the dragon canceled it out.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Its not that I'm opposed to new ideas, its true that if Game Freak kept to tradition then we wouldn't have as many Pokemon as we do. However, what I am saying is that there's that certain Art Style Pokemon has always seemed to have. If you had showed me Zekram a month ago and said "Is this a new Digimon or a new Pokemon?" I would have answered Digimon, because it doesn't have that sort of "Style" that all other Pokemon have, from Meowth to Groundon to Zoroark.

Again, I can't describe this "Style", it's just a thing you know when you see. That sort of signature amount of Detail a Pokemon has.

I get what you're saying..and really yeah I guess it just depends on how the person sees it.

**6 posts till 666 :D**

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I love them both, for the first time since GSC I actually like the mascots!
    Anywho, I think Reshiram will be flying/fighting and Zekrom will be dark/steel or dark/flying.
    No, they aren't neutral towards one another, but neither were Dialga and Palkia, sooo...
    At least, I don't think they were neutral. Maybe the dragon canceled it out.

It did. Dragon resists Water. But Dialga and Palkia were still weak to each others' Dragon-type attacks, so they were actually super-effective against each other.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    These look less like actual pokemon, kind of like they were created in the game by some means? Zekrom looks almost robotic.
    I'm not too fond of Reshiram though, The wings for arms thing is kind of weird, and the tails on both of them resemble something you'd see on a rocket.

While I'm at it, I might as well say that I don't like their names either. I'm not even sure on how to pronounce them, so I'll have to wait until I hear someone else say it. Resher-ram? Resh-eye-ram?

Yes, Zekrom is very robotic with it's wind turbine tail, while his counterpart looks more natural. I'm sensing a industrialization vs. Naturalization theme.

It did. Dragon resists Water. But Dialga and Palkia were still weak to each others' Dragon-type attacks, so they were actually super-effective against each other.

W-w-w-wait. It is neutral. At least one way. The fighting is supereffective against dark, but not-very-effective against flying.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I still don't know which version I'm gonna get... here's my dilemma:

My brother and I always get the opposite versions of each other. I got Red, he got Blue. I got Gold, he got Silver. I got Ruby and he got Sapphire. I got Pearl and he got Diamond. Now this time around, initially we both wanted Black but when I saw that Zekrom was going to be for White version I immediately flopped and decided that I'd get White version just for Zekrom but my brother did the same. Now we both want White version! XD I figure I should just force myself to like Reshiram... idk, I like them both but Zekrom is more my style.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I like Zekrom best, but they are both pretty cool. I wonder what their special moves will be?

My guesses (and yes they may sound corny):

Zekrom (if dark/steel): Dark Buster..can't describe it..just randomly came into my head..I imagine it being a dark/steel type move. Like we already have double type pokemons but what about double-type moves that only a pokemon with the same type combos can learn?

---If dark/dragon: Hmm...can't think of one that would be 'pg' appropriate :D.

Can't think of any for Reshima.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I still don't know which version I'm gonna get... here's my dilemma:

My brother and I always get the opposite versions of each other. I got Red, he got Blue. I got Gold, he got Silver. I got Ruby and he got Sapphire. I got Pearl and he got Diamond. Now this time around, initially we both wanted Black but when I saw that Zekrom was going to be for White version I immediately flopped and decided that I'd get White version just for Zekrom but my brother did the same. Now we both want White version! XD I figure I should just force myself to like Reshiram... idk, I like them both but Zekrom is more my style.

If you are the older one then go up to him and do this:

You: Hey listen, I'm older, and in societies across the world respect and influence come with age which means I get first picks and all you can do is sit in teh corner and moan. Capeesh?

you know at first I wanted black (and still do) and thought Zekrom was on black and I was like 'OMG YES KICK ASS LEGENDARY FOR BLACK!' then I realized Reshima would be on black...and I was like "o_o o_o o_o o_o" but after a few minutes Reshima grew on me more and yeah...it's awesome now..maybe even better than Zemrok in my opinion.

**4 posts till 666**

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    heres one for reshiram

shining glory.

it is a burst of blinding white light.

real original don't you think?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I was right about the yin and yang thing the Pokemon Black mascot was white and the white one is black! I like both of them, though I'm getting White! I hope we can get both...like in GS and not like what they did with RS and DP...

Dark Flare

Layton's Apprentice
    Years
    oh....my....god!!!!
    (IN A MONSTROUS HYPERACTIVE VOICE)
    IMA GETTIN BOTH OF THEM THEY ARE ZZOOOOOOOO MADE OF EPIC WIN IM GOING TO SELL MY LAPTOP TO GET THEM!!!!!!!
    oh and i think reshiram is like a new type like holy!
    and Zekron is hmmmm..... Dark/Dragon!

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
    Does anyone else hate the new legendaries?

I think they look terrible. Unoriginal, far too similar, and just... Overall ridiculous. The white one looks like an angelic Lugia, and the black one looks like a recolored Palkia.

They'd better have some badass backstory or I'm never buying B/W.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i really like Reshiram the other one is kinda..i dont know what i think about that one. but i think they make some pretty cool legendaries

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I'd say there actually not to bad, at first I was a little upset with they way they looked but after awhile there were many different things about them then the older ones.

I do agree though that they better have a great back story to them, something a bit more epic this time ha.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I was right about the yin and yang thing the Pokemon Black mascot was white and the white one is black! I like both of them, though I'm getting White! I hope we can get both...like in GS and not like what they did with RS and DP...

Sorry MRAS..we're not gettin' both.

**666....3 away**

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    ya they could have been designed better. the white one is ok but the black one it doesnt even look like a pokemon. :/

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I think people should stop complaining and try to like the artworks.
    I'm sure they've put in sufficient efforts into drawing and designing - It's not as easy as you think it is.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hate is a strong word my friend. I believe that you meant that you dislike them, and don't worry I'm sure you'll get use to them as we learn more and more about them. The designs at first to me were a little different, but so were Dialga and Palkia's and so were Kyogre and Groudon's...you get where I'm going with this? Each gen brings with it totally new, different pokemon legendaries and just average pokemon not seen before, and one thing the human mind does best is neglect anything not recognizable.

Back