• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
  • I'm not saying they neglected or rushed the design. I'm saying they overdid it.
    First Reshiram's got this insane looking face, big wings and claws, and as if that wasn't enough, they added a ridiculous amount of detail to the tail and gave him a damn mane.

Then Zekrom is just... Ugh. More unoriginal than half the Fakemon I see these days. Seriously, what's with the jet engine-esque tail?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I think they look terrible. Unoriginal, far too similar, and just... Overall ridiculous. The white one looks like an angelic Lugia, and the black one looks like a recolored Palkia.

They'd better have some badass backstory or I'm never buying B/W.

I don't see the resemblance between Reshiram and Lugia, sorry...and the idea that Zecrom is just a recolored Palkia is just ludicrous. Zecrom has a completely different looking head and face, and I don't think Palkia's tail looks that badass either. XD

So you're considering not buying a game just because two pokemon (that you'll probably never use if you're anything like me) look silly to you? All the power to you mate. :P

Don't worry. I felt the same way when Dialga and Palkia were first revealed four years ago. While I still don't fully like those two, I can at least accept them. Reshiram and Zecrom at least have the advantage of giving me a good first impression.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • designs at first to me were a little different, but so were Dialga and Palkia's and so were Kyogre and Groudon's...
    Groudon and Kyogre were awesome. I seriously had this massive feeling of deja vu when I first saw them. Idk why.
    Dialga and Palkia were ok, too. I have to say I enjoyed the new turn the franchise had taken, until I learned about Arceus.

"HURR DURR TIME AND SPACE ISN'T ENOUGH LET'S MAKE A GOD POKEMON"

Oh, by the way.

See the tuft of hair between Reshiram's legs.

You'll never be able to take him seriously again.

Last edited:

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • I don't think they look that bad honestly. I like them better than I liked Palkia and Dialga, definitely. When DPPt came out I was really disappointed, now I like them okay-ish. If you don't want to buy B/W in protest, that's fine too though.

I do agree with you on one point, they do look like something I've seen before. I can't put my finger on it exactly (probably the black one just reminds me of a colorless Palkia) but I think they are pretty cool as far as legendarys go and I'm not any less excited for B/W to come out. Hope that you change your mind, for sure!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    i think they suck a$$. the white one looks like a yugioh card monster thing the black one looks like a robot bee......
    |....|.*....*.|.........................
    |.....\__-__/..........................
    |...../........\..........................
    |....|.|......|.|.........................
    |....\_\..../_/..........................
    |___|_|__|_|________________

Last edited:

Cloudfall

Togekisser
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    They both look pretty nice, but I have to say... I'm not really a fan of how the designs for some Pokemon are starting to look more robotic with each generation. They're beginning to remind me of Digimon. :x

I'll still buy the game though. I won't hesitate to buy a game just because a few Pokemon look weird. o3o

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • I do like a few certain things about them. I'm not just a complete hater :|
    Reshiram's mother-of-pearl rings, for example. I think they look alright. And Zekrom looks pretty cool, aside from his massive jet tail thing. Oh, and his Palkialegs.
    And I must say the names aren't so bad. ReshiRAM, ZekROM, probably proof that they're going in a more cybernetic direction...

But other than that they just make me raaaaaaaaaaaaaage

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I'm definitely choosing Reshiram. I don't use Ubers so it would just be a collectible. It looks the best IMO. I might wait to see the Version Exclusives, though.

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Raging over a design of a fictional creature? Some of you people will complain about damn near everything.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    WOAHHH, most epic looking pokemon ever, i am toatlly getting white version now!!!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Raging over a design of a fictional creature? Some of you people will complain about damn near everything.

Well, you can't please everyone.
    And that's why it's better not to take things too hard and learn to accept them readily, no?

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
  • They're the light and darkness gods, they're bound to be similiar to arceus' other subordinates. The similarities are on purpose, not the subject of unoriginality.

Years
  • so far i dislike the black one A LOT but the white one looks OK so im getting black version... cuz thats the version that comes with the white legendary right...?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • so far i dislike the black one A LOT but the white one looks OK so im getting black version... cuz thats the version that comes with the white legendary right...?

Yeahs, Reshiram is the mascot for Black version :)

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • THESE LOOK AWESOME!!!! XDDD im not filled with nostalgia

I think these legends look amazing, they are well designed. And unoriginal legends? wtf? :)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I think they look terrible. Unoriginal, far too similar, and just... Overall ridiculous. The white one looks like an angelic Lugia, and the black one looks like a recolored Palkia.

They'd better have some badass backstory or I'm never buying B/W.

I'm not saying they neglected or rushed the design. I'm saying they overdid it.
    First Reshiram's got this insane looking face, big wings and claws, and as if that wasn't enough, they added a ridiculous amount of detail to the tail and gave him a damn mane.

Then Zekrom is just... Ugh. More unoriginal than half the Fakemon I see these days. Seriously, what's with the jet engine-esque tail?

I think someone isn't quite familiar with the definition of unoriginal. I mean dislike them if you will, they are most certainly different than many of the legends we're used to seeing in the past. (All they really have is Palkia's pose.) But don't make up something like calling them, "unoriginal." I can't stand when people throw that word around. I mean these are clearly well thought out (whether for the worse of for better is up to you) and detailed, something you admitted yourself. They're different, they're in depth, and not too much like the Pokemon of the past but they are anything but unoriginal.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Zekrom looks so kickass. I can't wait to see more of these two. I saw a few people saying they look like Digimon, and I do agree. Doesn't keep them from being awesome though.

Back