• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video game logic says...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    More onto the breathing underwater topic, I was just think about the Donkey Kong games, well at least the one on the Nintendo 64. I know back in the era of the late 80's/early 90's there was no logic of holding your breath, but they continues this for Donkey Kong 64. Fyi, MONKEY'S CANNOT BREATHE UNDERWATER! Also:
    - With long hair and spinning very fast, you can glide.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Zelda OoT. Apparently it's a-okay if some little elf kid in a green tunic runs in your house and breaks every pot in your house, takes your rupees, and leaves.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    A personal theory is that maybe they have 'pokeballs' for items as well, actually. (And I'm sure I'm not the first to have thought that either =p). Could explain that bike as well. (There are ones that can fit in a bag though actually, iirc).

I could post a heck of a lot of weird things... like how do weapons in Fire Emblem 'break' after at times a mere 20 uses? Are the characters just very bad at using swords or axes or the like?

Technically they're called "battles" so if you think about it that way (ie. a blade breaking after 20 battles)... plus silver isn't really strong.

A real problem is why the Legendary Sword of Old, the Oncoming Storm, Destroyer of Evil and Bringer of the New Day (TM) is weaker than any old Iron Sword...

Years
    For the Pokemon games: how can you store a lot of items in a regular-sized backpack?

A personal theory is that maybe they have 'pokeballs' for items as well, actually. (And I'm sure I'm not the first to have thought that either =p). Could explain that bike as well. (There are ones that can fit in a bag though actually, iirc).

You're bags are Hammerspace:

That's not a concept exclusive to video games. In video games, it's your magic satchel, and in cartoons, it's most frequently called hammerspace.

See? Now doesn't that make you want one of those backpacks? :D

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    what about the pokeballs? its just so weird that a giant super huge wailord or something can just go inside a tiny little ball. its just weird..

The pokeball probably compresses the pokemon. An atom is comprised mostly of empty space after all, it wouldn't be that far fetched.
    That's only canon in the anime universe. ANIME PHYSICS IS NOT THE SAME AS VIDEO GAME PHYSICS.

Also why do the prices of things increase the farther you get from your starting location in many RPGs, it makes no economic sense... AND WHY DOES THE TOWN WITH FOUR PEOPLE IN IT STOCK DIAMOND ARMOR WHILE THE CAPITAL OF THE EMPIRE ONLY STOCKS BRONZE?

A country could be rich in resources and refuse to trade with other countries. I'm sure the empires have their own reasons as to why they aren't invading the country.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

The pokeball probably compresses the pokemon. An atom is comprised mostly of empty space after all, it wouldn't be that far fetched.

A country could be rich in resources and refuse to trade with other countries. I'm sure the empires have their own reasons as to why they aren't invading the country.

I was implying that the two settlements were part of the same empire, which makes less sense than that situation.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Pokemon: Apparently the smallest birds and the smallest fish can support your weight when flying/surfing.

Tales series: Special attacks and spells only work if you yell out the attack name while you perform it (can also be applied to Pokemon anime)

Pokemon: If they don't train for awhile, the levels of NPC's Pokemon can drop (Eagun's Pikachu goes from level 38 in Colosseum to 12 in XD; and Gonzap' team peaks at 64 in Colo and drops to around 30-32 in XD). Maybe it's because of those long periods of non-use.

General: At least three times out of four, the lead character will be male. (I wish there were more games with female leads)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Only have Mario related things atm:

The fact that mushrooms cause Mario to get larger.

The fact that Mario never shaves.

The fact that having two tiny wings on a hat apparently means you can fly.

The fact that Toad is almost everywhere you go in games like Super Mario 64.

The fact that Mario can even lift Bowser to throw him. D:

(I'm not sure why I keep saying "the fact that" XD)

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Fire Emblem:

How come ranged weapons like the "Short Spear", "Tomahawk" or the "Hand Axe" are smaller yet heavier then most regular weapons?

Years
    Only have Mario related things atm:

The fact that mushrooms cause Mario to get larger.

The fact that Mario never shaves.

The fact that having two tiny wings on a hat apparently means you can fly.

The fact that Toad is almost everywhere you go in games like Super Mario 64.

The fact that Mario can even lift Bowser to throw him. D:

(I'm not sure why I keep saying "the fact that" XD)

OMG FOREVER POSTED IN HERE! O_O
    Anyway, how about 'Mario' in general? XD

That game is just, weird if you think about it.​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Wow, Nica outside of BW. Hehe. But yeah, Mario has the WEIRDEST logic. Like in SMG2, spinning in a circle can bust crystals and make ghosts go transparent for a few seconds. Oh, and Yoshi can eat spinies. Doesn't that hurt? Also, touch fuzzy, get dizzy.

Years
    The last Mario game I played was Super Mario Galaxy.
    Throughout the game, all I was thinking was, "WTF? What have the designers been smoking to come up with this?" XDD​

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
    Pokemon: why cant you swim, at all, in any game every other trainer can but you cant.

and in LOTR: The Battle For Middle Earth Heroes die in battle and can be revived Instantly.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    it's been said before, but... how do backpacks seem to carry so much? is there an inter-dimensional portal inside the backpack?
    next item on the list....
    Damsels in Distress..
    my first problem with this is Peach- we already know peach is stronger than Mario.. hell, peach can FLY!
    second.. well, i'd like to quote Eddie Murphy on this one
    "Women be taking aerobics, they'll f*** you up"

DragonsCanBite

Ancient Member
    Years
    Hamilton:

The 'backpack carrying a boat' kind of thing seems to be universal in video games.

Examples:
    Grand Theft Auto: Yeah, pull an RPG out of your jacket.
    The Sims 3: Yeah, pull a car out of your pocket.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
    For the Pokemon games: how can you store a lot of items in a regular-sized backpack?

I do that IRL with a normal sized backpack too. Of course it weighs 15 pounds when I do that, but I can fit nearly my whole video game collection in my backpack.

It makes less sense in the Zelda series. The only things that are visible in game are a sheath, shield, and sometimes a quiver. Where does Link put his stuff?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    In RTS games the majority of your units have a infinate stock of missiles/bullets/rockets/torpedos/whatevertheyattackwith.

Carracosta

Break that shell!
    Years
    Fire Emblem:

How come ranged weapons like the "Short Spear", "Tomahawk" or the "Hand Axe" are smaller yet heavier then most regular weapons?

Real-life javelins are a lot heavier than fencing foils, yet you throw the former and not the latter. The ranged weapons are built to be thrown (ie. with different grips or weapon shapes). Plus I'd rather throw a nice heavy axe that can land with a heavy thunk (or, preferably, go through the opponent) than throw a light axe and have it bounce off their armour.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    World of Warcraft, and most RPGs -

Warriors can hold giant hammers, but not super-light staves?!

Back