• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video game logic says...

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
  • something to do with pokemon logic;

we allowed to make creatures battle, but we can't.
    and fainted pokemon means your unprotected.

all i need is a trusty lawnmower.

Video game logic says...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Cut. WHY CAN'T WE GO AROUND THE TREE :| Rock Smash. WHY CAN'T WE JUMP OVER THE ROCK :| Fly. WHY CAN PIDGEY FLY ME AROUND BUT SCYTHER CAN'T :|

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    For some video games (notably Tales of Games) party members have the magical ability to shrink. Think about it, where are they when you're on the field, and only one character (whether it be the main character or - if you can - a character you should to be the field character) is wandering on the field. Everyone else in the party must have shrank and went into the character's pocket, or something along those lines.

Then there is the whole battling aspect, where you only have a few people battle. What do the others do? Sit on the sideline and drink tea and cheer them on? Or perhaps in some cases they cook the food you're going to eat after the battle (again, Tales of). We know for sure (least in Symphonia) that only four people fight, because Gnome mentions it after you beat him.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ^ I thought about that too omg. And when some characters aren't in cutscenes, it's like...what are they doing? Are they at the grocery store while this scene is going on? I mean really.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Maybe they're still in the pocket of the character they went in, dreaming of who knows what! I mean, if I was like... Anise and dreaming of Money, hell like I'll leave Luke's pocket.

I totally laughed at the Grocery Store idea.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, Anise is in Luke's pocket a lot if that's the case. =w= And let's not forget the characters that look completely opposite of what their supposed to be. -cough- Mithos and Ion -cough- I mean...why? Why did they have to do that? :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I swear it's to spite all of those who can't easily tell genders apart in JRPGs. I fell for both of 'em. Though I guess it didn't help that I saw a screenshot of Mithos before I played the game. :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The inns in games will almost always be independent and not part of a national chain; therefore consistency in cleanliness and service cannot be assured (though they do heal your party which I guess is good enough).

Pokemon Centers could be considered an exception, but whether they're proper "inns" is debatable since you don't spend the night there (ignoring Pokemon anime logic).

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Going back to Mario, In Mario And Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Mario lives inside Bowser when he should've been killed instantly by impac- wait, how, in the love of lollipops, did he get in there the first place......

He was sucked in! I think I'm gonna faint.... Let's just say this game isn't good if you want to work in biology.

*waits for someone to explain this*

Back