• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video games aren't real life!

TheLastBestHope

VeteranTrainer/BeginnerHacker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2011
    I wanna be the guy
    asides from pokemon, i'd have to go with Dragon Age Origins. imagine just you know, cliche RPG reasons. and the dog. the dog is awesome.

Years
    Pokemon would be a good one, but I can't imagine living in that world. I know what I would do though: Go on a quest to catch meowth, and then live the easy life forever using payday and leveling in a ton.

Yu Gi Oh would be another awesome one: Basically real life with holographic monsters. And because I'm not the reincarnation of an ancient egyptian soul, and suck ass at duelling, I would never be sent to the shadow realm.

Another decent one would be Roller-coaster Tycoon. Design my own amusement park? Oh hell yes. Madness: The Car Racing Game would be crazy fun in a kind of terrifying way. Out of those four, I can't pick, but I know I wouldn't pick Madness. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of fighting of any kind, so most games don't really appeal to me for real life.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Pokémon would be epic if it were in real life, but suppose an Ursaring comes to your bed room at night and uses Hyper Beam on you? No thanks.

Call of Duty would be cool, as well. I'll be "Roach".

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Golden Sun, hands down. I'd be a Mercury Adept. After that, maybe the original Final Fantasy. I'd be a White Mage. After that, maybe Star Wars. I'd be a Jedi.

Healing powers would be so great. <3

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Video games are real! 'Cause this one time I ate a bunch of mushrooms and I really did grow big! And then I jumped on turtles and collected coins and when I grabbed this star I saw pretty colors....... :O

Back to on topic, lol. I really can't think of a better video game world for this than pokemon. It's close enough to the real world with the towns and cities with markets and such, yet it's different enough to be awesome.

But it would probably be pretty chaotic, and you would need a license to own a pokemon much like you need a license to own a gun.

Dahlia411

That Crazy Video Gamer Girl
    Years
    I'd definatly say Pokemon, but if Code Lyoko counts (it was made into a video game) I'd definatly wouldn't mind finding a Supercomputer, I would love to work it :)

Pokemon almost seems as it is very real. I mean the setting is pretty realistic

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

wouldn't it be fun to live on Mobius? (the one portrayed in the games- frankly, I'd hate to live in the Comic's interpretation)

I mean, even with the Game's portrayla of Eggman, it doesn't (usually) seem TOO terrible.

I want a talking hedgehog buddy! :3

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Super Smash Bros would be comical and a weird way we could settle fights xD. Imagine knocking someone off the battlefield or sending them flying turning them into a distant star.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Command & Conquer. Tiberium would truly revolutionize the world.

Alternately, Ace Combat. I'm pretty sure the United States and Russian Air Forces would love to have aircraft that can carry over 80 missiles on a single sortie. Also, superweapons.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Super Smash Bros would be comical and a weird way we could settle fights xD. Imagine knocking someone off the battlefield or sending them flying turning them into a distant star.

You can send them flying into a distant star with a star while under the effects of a star thus making you the star.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    silent hill. such a nice place to live in.
    being serious, probably final fantasy just because everything looks so beautiful. any final fantasy would be cool.
    kirby would be pretty mad too. crazy creatures running around the place. as long as i dont get eaten by a pink blob, i would be happy.

but yeh what i really want is pokemon. the pokemon world is such an awesome place.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Everyone's going to pick Pokémon. Even I would. That'd be sick as.

Of course everyone picks Pokemon. And I'll tell you why. It's because everyone thinks they could make the Pokemon world cooler by not having a ridiculously cliche personality, or they could take over the world with Pokemon. Those are the reasons for about 90 percent of people. They won't admit it, but it's true.

As for me, I think it would be awesome if Disgaea's world was real. No particular reason. Just an idea.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Besides Pokemon, freaking Elder Scrolls. Wanna run cross country with with my buddies, sword in hand, stealing from the armoury, killing/being necromancers. Plus it would never get stale, with all the mods and all...

And Advance Wars would be cool, teenagers commanding armies and stuff. My country would be destroyed by my inexperience but whatever.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Besides Pokemon, the world of Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure is light and fluffy with only the occasional witch and her band of mostly incompetent furries to deal with.

I haven't played the game, but from stills and previews the world of Atelier Rorona looks like a beautiful place to live.

And of course Mario Kart. It's better than NASCAR; it's got combat with turtle shells and invincibility stars.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Haha I love this thread. I would choose maybe games like GTA, but I'm too scared to die xD Sims wouldn't change much to my real life though lol. I can't think of any game that isn't dangerous! XP

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    This reminds me of when I was little me and my brother used to play Luigi's Mansion a lot we would take turns playing it and now when I think back it feels like it was actually something that happened to us in real life. Like in my memory it seems like we actually went exploring in a haunted mansion full of Boos haha.

Anyway I want Luigi's Mansion to be real and then I can have a mansion.

Back