• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vista or XP?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
  • Um, what do you mean? Do you mean he put a password on it? Just explain the situation to him and he'll probably let you connect.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • i have 1 but my dad did something to block giving out the IP address so I can;t connect o it :/

Um, what do you mean? Do you mean he put a password on it? Just explain the situation to him and he'll probably let you connect.

Umm if the router is just password protected, just get the password and type it in when you set up the DS for WIFI. I know you can do this cuz I did it.

Ooka

Years
  • Umm if the router is just password protected, just get the password and type it in when you set up the DS for WIFI. I know you can do this cuz I did it.

So he's just supposed to pull the password out of thin air?

Like I said, ask your dad for permission, and he should let you use it for wi-fi.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • i've tried time and time again and he won't give it to me.(I doubt he still remember's it) I think he's paranoid about hackers, but yeah I can still wifi battle I jst have to be on the main comp. not my laptop...

Ooka

Years
  • Well, there is usually a master code for any device, so just try to find a router forum somewhere and ask what the master code is for your specific copy.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Vista is just... ugh. You need to constantly update drivers and such; it's so annoying and time-consuming.

I've been using XP for nearly three years now, so I'll go with XP for general stability and reliability.

Ooka

Years
  • Vista is just... ugh. You need to constantly update drivers and such; it's so annoying and time-consuming.

I've been using XP for nearly three years now, so I'll go with XP for general stability and reliability.

What do you mean you have to constantly update drivers?

You only have to install each driver once, depending on what you want to use....

Max210

Ultimate P\/\/ /\/3|2Z!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    I like Vista Ultimate the best, but it runs faster and tends to treat me better than XP. XP showed me the blue screen of death 5 times, whilst(what a word 0_o) Vista twice. Plus, the Aero Glass thing with Flip-3D is pretty sweet. Don't get Vista if you can only get Home Basic. Premium and up is what I would look for. Though Vista Ultimate is a bit expensive. >_>
    (Oh yeahz, I has 1.12 gig of ram :])

!gnition

DDRtist
    Years
  • If you're a gamer and want DX10 then Vista would be the way to go.

If not, then get XP instead. I heard a lot of bad reviews about Vista for some reason...

Ultimately, it's up to you :)

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
  • Actually, XP would serve better for gamers then Vista as Vista it still having lots of problems with drivers and games etc.

Esai Two

Vista Status: Hates Me
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2008
    If the computer's good, go for Vista, it does actually work except for old stuff (which is fair enough if you think about it, can't really go further into the computing world if you're making sure everything works with 56k Modems..)

I'd also like to randomly note that Vista is actually as fast, if not faster than XP (and it wins hands down in the log on category ;)), and Vista had a better performance at launch compared to XP, which didnt pick up until SP2.

Also, Vista SP1 is coming out soon, which, from what I've heard (i can get it, too lazy :P) does improve Vista a lot (but as Microsoft keep saying won't add features like XP SP2, as that's not what a SP is...)

If you are gaming, Vista is a good bet, as Microsoft as the evil company they are, and making newer games require Vista, and, most games will work on Vista - I was playing Doom on it the other day and that shouldn't work on XP.

If i sound very pro-vista thats because I read all this doesn't work with programs or hardware stuff that I never found true, except it won't work with an old Lexmark printer it works with all hardware and software I used.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd stick with XP.
    It's really a hard question for me to answer though, I've never used Vista; and my (negative) opinion on it comes from experience other than my own, but at least it's genuine bad experiences. :o

Years
  • Stay with XP. Vista SUCKS! They still haven't located all the bugs in it since its the first edition and its terrible with data backup. It also randomly loses files. I used it for a week and immediately switched back to XP after i lost my book report in cyber space =/

EDIT: And if its the GUI (Graphical User Interface) that turns you on, use a program like windows blinds to change your XP GUI.

fredlocks

150 POSTS!!!!!!!!!
    Years
  • I got Vista computer for christmas and I hate Vista at the moment, Although I think some of the problems that I've had are related to the intergrated graphics card I have, but some of the programs that used to run for me on XP and even 2000 don't work on Vista. Take some advice from someone who was all for Vista and now does not recommend it until it gets a service pack mid-late this year. XP runs more than Vista from what I use it for, I can use Office, some games that don't require a lot of graphics memory, but that's probably from my little graphics card.

Either that or go with a double OS computer and put XP and Vista, which I might think of doing in the near future if I can gets the funds.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • If you have XP stay with it. there are way more drivers and less annoying permissions pop-ups than in Vista. But if you just have to have that Vista Look there's a nifty little thing called the Vista Transformation Pack. It will give you the Bootscreen, Logonscreen, cursors, sounds, theme, and icons all from Vista. It even gives you the little animations from Vista that appear when moving, Copying, etc a file. (a small side note: it does come with a program that gives you transparent window titles, however I have had much better success with Window blinds.
    I however would like to dump windows altogether, but still need to save up a little more $$$ for my Macbook Pro. ( gaming is non-existent on my comp anyway, that what my DS is for)

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    If you still have an XP install disc, and the new computer comes with a Vista install disc, stick with XP untill it won't work anymore. Everything still works with XP and it takes less RAM and what not to run. So I'd stick with it and ride it untill EVERYTHING works with Vista.

Just my .02

.Azelf

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2008
    Windows Vista. Should people get it?

Should people get Windows Vista? It still has so many bugs and glitches in it. So, what do you want people to do? Stay with Xp or get Vista?

Back