• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wallace? Or Steven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If they are true remakes, as true as it can get with all this 3D and new features, Steven is probably the champion. Since he was in the original R/S, while Emerald is sort of an extra thing.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Personally I preferred Wallace because I found him a lot harder to beat than Steven....

BUT STILL, I HOPE IT'S NEITHER OF THEM. I hope Steven's still doing his own thing so I can bother him whenever I want to and that Wallace is doing Contests as well, so he can be my contest rival *w*

WALLY FOR CHAMP!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Personally I preferred Wallace because I found him a lot harder to beat than Steven....

BUT STILL, I HOPE IT'S NEITHER OF THEM. I hope Steven's still doing his own thing so I can bother him whenever I want to and that Wallace is doing Contests as well, so he can be my contest rival *w*

WALLY FOR CHAMP!!
    Ooooh yes, Steven being some kind of helping hero, Wallace being an actual contest rival, maybe with a sideplot of his own so that you'd feel like it's worth doing contests, and then Wally doing a Gary/Green and becoming the champion before you despite you beating him numerous times across the region already, because of his super sensitive connection with his pokémon... /ramble

Though, that would feel like you're beating him for the opposite reason as to why you beat Gary. Gary didn't have any love for his pokémon but was strong, while Wally has a lot of feelings all about the place but is frail as a leaf. Not really morally correct xD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Steven!! I hope they bring him back. I was so sad in Emerald when he was shoved to the sidelines. I'm crossing my fingers they they'll put Juan off to the side somewhere (where he could maybe still be battle-able once in a while or just one time even), Wallace as final gym leader, and Steven as champ. I think they might do that since they are Ruby/Sapphire remakes, but we aren't entirely sure since, let's be real, they probably made 2 versions for more $.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I really liked Juan, but I imagine that Wallace will stand as the 8th Hoenn gym leader, while Steven remains as champion. It makes sense given that these are remakes, Steven will ultimately be the most logical choice. Though I never thought that Wallace ever made sense as the Champion in Emerald, if I'm honest. I have played the games dozens of times and found it to be a pretty unnecessary alteration. That said, it did add that bit of variety to Emerald. Juan is Wallace's teacher, so I always found it a bit odd how Juan returned to the gym after his student not only surpassed him, the E4, and the previous Champion.

They'll stick with Steven though, I'd say. He's a fan favourite, and was the original Champion in Ruby & Sapphire. That said, I really would like to see Juan make an appearance. He is an accomplished co-ordinator in the Anime; so perhaps we'll see him involved if Pokémon Contests return.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Even though Steven is one of my favourite champions and he uses one of the best types in the games, there is another reason why I'd like him to return as the champion:
    the champion battle theme sounds like it was specifically designed to be played while fighting a trainer who uses Steel type Pokemon.

Like seriously, look up the theme on Youtube, listen to it and try not to think of machines running in the background, but rather some water flowing, or something. That simply doesn't work!

Years
    I prefer Steven as the champion over Wallace, though I wouldn't mind the latter if half of his team on RSE didn't succumb Electric-type attacks. The reason I liked Steven better is because his team had a bunch of different types, instead of just being pure/mostly Steel-type.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I want Steven. This is Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, not Gamma Emerald or something. If ORAS is set in the future however, I think it would be appropriate for Wallace to be the champion, but Steven just stands out to me more as a Champion. He got out and did stuff all over the place, even in Emerald when he was no longer a Champion. Wallace didn't do anything until the climax of Emerald, and even then, all he did was contemplate where to go from the Cave of Origin, went there, and then shortly returned to Sootopolis.

As long as either of them are formidable foes, then I really wouldn't mind seeing either back, but I'd prefer Steven. I'm just really tired of easy champions lately. Alder, Iris, and Diantha were all way too easy in my book, which is a shame because they all had great potential. So if we're going to go back to a region that actually had champions that were actually tough, they need to stay that way in the gen VI incarnates.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Why do people keep suggesting it may take place in the future when they're remakes not sequels...

If Wallace is to become champ it will proably be post game. Or maybe they'll have Steven mention he's the champion early on in the game. However, when we make it to the Elite four we see that Wallace just defeated Steven. Steven then could step aside and let Wallace battle us. Or we could battle the two right then and there...imagine an epic final double battle!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Why do people keep suggesting it may take place in the future when they're remakes not sequels...

Because it's speculation and there's nothing clear that says they're remakes at the moment.

Years
    Because it's speculation and there's nothing clear that says they're remakes at the moment.

Pardon me but I couldn't help but facepalm... Nintendo already confirmed them as "Full Remakes", check out the thread that says "do you prefer remakes or Sequels? (edit: Confirmed Sequels)" or something like that. Also there's a thread called Confirmed Remakes.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Pardon me but I couldn't help but facepalm... Nintendo already confirmed them as "Full Remakes", check out the thread that says "do you prefer remakes or Sequels? (edit: Confirmed Sequels)"

You don't have to be rude. I was going by the trailer, which doesn't really fully imply that they're remakes or sequels yet. You can't assume that everyone has read every little detail and thread on the matter.

Years
    You don't have to be rude. I was going by the trailer, which doesn't really fully imply that they're remakes or sequels yet. You can't assume that everyone has read every little detail and thread on the matter.

Sorry about that, I wasn't trying to be rude, that pardon was meant to be sincere :( .
    I think that should be posted somewhere on this thread as many people have missed it. Even posted it on my sig so everyone can notice :).

I too am tired of easy champions. Cynthia was the last real challenging one.

I think that Wallace can be tough as long as they give him a better team. There's a lot of good water types. So if he's the champ post game I hope they change his team and give him those strong water types. Maybe even give him a Drizzle Politoad.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Pardon me but I couldn't help but facepalm... Nintendo already confirmed them as "Full Remakes", check out the thread that says "do you prefer remakes or Sequels? (edit: Confirmed Sequels)" or something like that. Also there's a thread called Confirmed Remakes.

The only indication we have of them being 100% faithful story copies is the fact that we got a translated transcript of Iwata very quickly saying at the end of a meeting that these were going to be "full remakes".

The target audience of that meeting was not people like you and me, who are wasting time dissecting every minuscule aspect of these announcements to try and make sense of them. The word "remake" is an extremely loose term, and I very much doubt Iwata was aware of the fact that he might be suggesting a full-on story copy. A game can still be a remake and have a slightly different story or element of adaptation to fit the current gen. Facepalm, facepalm, facepalm.

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
    Though apparently many don't agree, I would actually prefer Wallace to be the Champion. My first game was Emerald, so thinking of Steven as the Champion is odd to me.

Years
    I think Wallance will be the champion, Juan as the 8th Gym Leader, and Steven battleable in Meteor Falls

Years
    Though apparently many don't agree, I would actually prefer Wallace to be the Champion. My first game was Emerald, so thinking of Steven as the Champion is odd to me.

I sort of feel the same way, having gotten Emerald before Sapphire it felt strange that Wallace wasn't in that room at the time.

@ wakachamo
    I didn't say anything about being 100 % faithful (though I can see that you probably misinterpreted the "full-remakes" part as such as it does sound like 100 %). Personally I see Wikipedia's definition as the definition for remakes "A remake offers a newer interpretation of an older work, characterized by updated or changed assets. A remake typically maintains the same story, genre, and fundamental gameplay ideas of the original work. The intent of a remake is usually to take an older game that has become outdated and update it for a new platform and audience. Remakes almost always include new graphics, altered gameplay, and remixed music. But may also include expanded stories, often to conform to the conventions of contemporary games or later titles in the same series in order to make a game marketable to a new audience." The last sentence included.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    It always irked me in that in Emerald, we had a Water type gym leader and a Water type Champion. Region of water, I know. But still, seemed like there was a lot of favouritism going on. So, I would prefer Steven as the Champion for OR/AS. Since they are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, I would like them to have Steven as the Champion since as he was for Ruby and Sapphire. Also, all Champions use a pseudo; Steven uses one, Wallace doesn't. (and alder but no one likes alder.)

If the off-chance was that none of these two were the Champion. Let's have Wally the Champion :D I have no idea how that would work though, because unless they change his ace Pokemon he and Diantha would share Gardevoir, as their ace Pokemon.

Years
    It always irked me in that in Emerald, we had a Water type gym leader and a Water type Champion. Region of water, I know. But still, seemed like there was a lot of favouritism going on. So, I would prefer Steven as the Champion for OR/AS. Since they are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, I would like them to have Steven as the Champion since as he was for Ruby and Sapphire. Also, all Champions use a pseudo; Steven uses one, Wallace doesn't. (and alder but no one likes alder.)

If the off-chance was that none of these two were the Champion. Let's have Wally the Champion :D I have no idea how that would work though, because unless they change his ace Pokemon he and Diantha would share Gardevoir, as their ace Pokemon.

They actually did the same thing in Johto and in Sequel Unova except they used Dragon instead of Water.
    Maybe they'll copy BW and have Wallace as the gym leader of one version while Juan is that of the other. Or maybe have Steven be the champion of one and Wallace of the other. If they do the latter then Steven should be in OmegaRuby as his type, Steel comes from the Ground. Plus his type is the same as Dialga who is the mascot of the first of it's pair. AlphaSapphire can have Wallace... Wonder if they did that if purchases of OmegaRuby will go up...or down...I'm guessing up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back