• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Was donating money a tough decision for you to make?

Years
    ^ Oh hot damn Tier 6!

No one knows I am part of PC so I had to keep this secret from my parents. I managed to donate by taking some money from my little stash and writing a small letter sending it via airmail from the UK.
    I could not get it done by PayPal. Getting all these things in secret was hard so when I could not get something I would decide to give up and keep it on hold but eventually I got it all done in the end. I was very glad the whole little plan worked. I think I made the right decision.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    You, like Me and I believe only Jaxsem, donated over $99 dollars

Edit: I found it once again easy to donate, I had covered for someone a work last week, which pushed me up above what I normally get so this donation was no problem.

Edit2: Aack! I just noticed my awesome italic & blue username is gone!

Last edited:

iEdster

iPwn
    Years
    Wow, that's nice.
    But if 1 tier is for $5, 100 should be tier 20 xD.
    Nah, just kidding, thanks for the explanation.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Nope, definitely not. Even though I've not been a member for that long, I've already posted quite a bit (mainly in OT), and I really enjoy it here. I'm on here during pretty much every bit of my free time. It was definitely worth it. In fact, I will probably continue donating a little bit here and there.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    that's pretty much what I've done X-626. whenever I get an extra few bucks and I don;t know what to do with it, I'll give a little donation to here. I feel good about it and know that what I couldn't find a use for, PC can use it to keep running.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Is that how you got Tier 6? It's great that you've given so much.
    I somewhat know that costs of running a site (I do not know the costs of running a large one, though), so that has also been a factor in me donating.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    No, I just found some money laying on my desk... I spent sometime looking for game I wanted, but nothing, so I just donated it to the PC. xD I might do it again if that happens, lol.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I donated so long ago that I cannot recall the specifics of it. It was easy though no issues or what not.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    It was a very easy decision for me, but I did need to secure a means to actually donate. (I don't have a PayPal account of my own, you see) Thankfully, after having a little talk with Rukario, something was worked out. ^^ The only thing that I needed to do was wait for the money to do so, but other than that, I'd decided I was going to donate once I'd returned and had the money to do so. ^^

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Nope, I'm glad I donated. I only recently joined, but I already feel at home and want to help to keep this place up and running :P.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    Not really. My parents wouldn't have really approved, they would say I'm throwing my money away to help a website, plus they roll their eyes at me watching/playing Pokemon. That's why I sent it snail mail without them knowing! :mudkip;):

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Oh let me tell ya, it was a VERY hard decision for me to make, it took me days just deciding if I should donate or not.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I too am glad I donated. If there is a website, that I particularly enjoying regging, then I will see to it that (in the event that they have a button for it), will help them out, for basically, helping me out :)

Plus it forces me to not frivolously spend money on movies and music at work XD

Back