• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Was donating money a tough decision for you to make?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Not really.
    I had like, $3 on a per-paid credit card left, so I donated it here for the emblem, then I realised I wanted a name change sooner and a blog, so I bought another card and donated $22 to become a Tier 5 Supporter.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Haha, a little bit. I was afraid that I may not have done something right and would be out of some cash for no reason. I am really paranoid about using my card over the internet (I hardly trusted iTunes)...

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    No, the decision was so easy. XD I had AUD $30, so I decided that the best place to put it was here. Since I was pretty active at the time and wanted to be a supporter, I didn't even think twice. Now, though, I think I'm taking these privelages for granted. XD;

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    Wasn't at all hard to click those buttons. I really like the look and atmosphere of PokéCommunity and can't wait to be an active contributer here in the years to come.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    N-not really.

I just had the money and asked my mom if I could use her Paypal to donate for her.

And for another person I donated for, I didn't have to make a decision because I donated for him on his birthday. Even though I didn't know him in real life or anything.

/b-but I'm kinda poor right now since I spent most my money on video games; I actually had money those two times

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
    A big waste of money, I could of done something more useful. I don't blog and I can have a email with live.com who cares for pokecommunity.com it's just a name but cost money. I don't blog so it's all useless.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Donated once just because. I kinda wanted a coloured name when I was gonna quit staff but I also just had the money and had been meaning to donate for ages. n_n; It was way back before tiers so it was kind of a strange amount ($40 instead of the typical $25) but I'd probably do the same over again anyway.

Second time I donated, we needed to raise a fair bit of cash to renew/upgrade our license for vB4. Not that we're using it but we still needed to do it while it was discounted, haha. I wanna donate again in the future but I've gotta wait until my financial status is more stable. :s

Lol, no planning or thinking involved for me. I just donated just because.
    No kidding.

"Jeef! Erica! Should I donate to PC!?!?"
    "Yes?"
    "How much!?"
    "Twenty-six dollars and eleven cents!"
    "Why?"
    "Why not?"
    "Okay done!"

how have I not noticed this thread before today? o_O

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Yes, because donating to PC was literally my first online transaction.

I thought it wouldn't work and the money would disappear or someone would steal my identity or come hurt me and then I'd end up making a double fool out of myself because I am paypal challenged and don't know how to send snailmail and BAWWW--

I am glad it worked out. I donated for someone, although someone donated for me. One act of kindness leads to another.

Back