• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Was donating money a tough decision for you to make?

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
    I found it a really easy decision to make. I had an extra 20 bucks lying around, and I didn't have any other use for it, plus I was getting payed the next day, so I donated. XD
    I really enjoy being here, and it's a fun community full of nice people. So it's not like I wasted my money. XD

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    ^^; I come from a family of IT geeks and I know quite abit about servers and the upkeep they can bring and how expensive it can be. I threw some money that way to try and help with the poor bandwidth problem [the server is abused I tell you. ;_;] and overall take the stress of the people footing the bill.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    It wasn't a hard decision to make because i knew what it was going twords. PC does some hard work up keeping the forums!
    But in saying that it was hard for me to donate. I could only send money by snail mail. And at that my nearest post office is 4km away and i cycled there and back to send it! Lol

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Not at all. My activity level here has dropped significantly since mid-2005 (I even made a brand new account so the old one would stay vintage. :P), but this place was my second home back when I was in high school...I even used to S-mod here before I dropped off. So I'd do anything to support Steve and this community and since my activity was dropping, I decided to donate. :D

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Uhh, I definetly wanted to be tier 1 so that was an easy decision. But then I was also interested in tier 3 and I needed £9 for that.. so it was quite a decision but not an "OMG!!1!1 what do I do?" :cheeky:

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    A little, not that I didn't think this place was deserving enough, but I was supposed to be saving up for something, then I just thought, 'Screw it, this place is like an e-home for me. I may as well give them something'.

And it was worth it.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I really wanted to donate seeing as I've been a member here for two years, and since this place is the primary home for my fanfiction. Also, the community in general is just really cool, a lot better than many other forums I'm a part of. It only felt right to give a little bit back.

However, I'm not exactly filthy rich, so I did debate for some time whether or not I should use my money in such a way. Thus I decided to pay in installments, starting with fifteen dollars and giving a little bit more whenever I'm able.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Well, I have access to these forums now, I guess I should post. :)

I'm new and I know I'm gonna be here awhile, and I love to help and support any community I'm apart of. It wasn't hard at all. I have money and nothing to do with it. :x

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    It wasn't difficult. I'll keep donating 5 $ monthly. Until i reach 100. XD
    Its not something important for me, as 5 $ are much less in euros, so i don't have a problem. Besides, helping the community isn't a bad thing.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    It was a bit tough. I've alway wanted to donate AT LEAST Tier 1 amount to PC but was just waiting on the time when it fit into my budget so here I am a newbie Supporter.

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    Nah. I got Birthday money and I wanted to give back some.
    I wanted to donate but didn't know where to. So this came to mind.
    :]

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Not really at all. I finished a design job and figured, time to give something back. XD

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
    Yes, because I have to pay costs for my forum too. Hosting, vBulletin, etc. However, I finally decided to become an active member of PokeCommunity and donate. Do I win my prize for being the youngest donator yet!?​

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    Lol, no planning or thinking involved for me. I just donated just because.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Not at all. I've been looking forward to donating for almost 2 months now. It feels good to donate money :>
    I'm going to donate more whenever I open up a bank account and get some money. XD;

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    I had 20 dollars i didnt need so I donated :D gave $20 to my friend, used his paypal.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Prior to donating I felt I owed a lot to this forum because my experiences with certain members here have led me to establish my own outlook on forum business. Thus, I donated at least the minimal amount to become a tier three supporter. It wasn't a tough decision, because money comes and goes for me without issue, and $15.00 doesn't affect if I am able to place food on my table or if I am still able to do the things I do for a living.

Back