• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
  • 41 gettin close!

Yeah, I think if you go into Pewter Museum there were statues where you can see the Fossils like that. :D
    Did you know cheating a Pokemon that you can't catch wild(the starters, Mew, Eevee, etc) then the sprites would mess up? I had a Porygon from the wild and it's sprite wasn't normal, same with a Charmander and Bulbasaur haha.

Revise please don't pass your ninja luck off onto me! D:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I started off using CSS for it but then couldn't find a background I was happy with and got bored trying at 4 am pahaha. I have some rough CSS saved for it with all the text already in so I can finish that up later or send it to you if you want to - either is good with me :D

I'm trying to remember some of the other glitches that were in the games - was't there something about a Rapish that could use Surf on Cinnabar Island or something like that...?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I think that's actually the reason why I ended up not completing the CSS for it: the background. xD So I guess if I find a background that might work I'll send it over or something?

The only glitch that I ever did was the Mew glitch haha.

Years

Guys it's gone 5 pm and I just woke up what is life .-.

Missingno was a Bird-type? :o I always thought it was a glitched Rapidash sprite, I think my brother told me that when I was younger and I always just believed him paha.

Yup, the 100 posts rule is there to make sure there'll always be at least one Ghost around, and it also lets there be a Ghost leftover for if we hit 150 posts :D

Mm I was considering that and you're right they're much better sprites, but I was worrying it'd take up too much room once we get more than one ghost haha. I guess I could add the pictures and then put the username of the person as a title for when you hover over it...? Hmm, I'll have a play around with it a bit later and see what we can do!

These are love oh god *.*

If I were you, I'd do it that way for no more than five people. If it's more then five then I'd either use smaller sprites or put them into spoiler.
    Those 3D sprites always baits attention so it could get us more people to participate? I dont know, for now 3D shouldnt use too much space I think!

Guys, the best glitch ever was Mew in Pokemon Yellow.
    I've never been so happy like when I was able to perform the Mew glitch in Pokemon Yellow. Its not too easy but you can obtain ANY Pokemon through that glitch. I still have it too :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

If I were you, I'd do it that way for no more than five people. If it's more then five then I'd either use smaller sprites or put them into spoiler.
    Those 3D sprites always baits attention so it could get us more people to participate? I dont know, for now 3D shouldnt use too much space I think!
    Mm that's a fair point, I'll mess around with the formatting a bit later and we can try to find a compromise haha. We'll decide what's happening about adding CSS first though, then we'll know how much space we have to play with :D

A quick question for everyone; Sven was messaging me about the 100 posts event where all other Ghosts are reset and pointed out that this could make it pretty un-fun for everyone who gets reset, which is a very fair point - how do you all feel about this rule and does anyone have suggestions for a replacement event at 100 posts?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Well, it's like that because if the ghosts aren't reset at some point then eventually everyone will become a ghost and that wouldn't be any fun. So it's kinda there to keep the game going; if everyone/all the regulars are ghosts then there's not really any point to the game anymore. Especially if the ghost continously say Boo then it's just frustrating. It's the same reason why we changed 'Don't let the mods say anything' to 'don't let the mods say zero'. There were so many mods posting in there that it was just frustration for the regular members to really get anywhere with the number count.

Since the game is in increments of 50 instead of 100 I feel like the event of ghosts being reset at some point is even more vital.

Years

Yeah but it says that on every 100th post you become a ghost and everyone loses the title. So either the current ghost would have to say boo before the 100th post all the time, resetting everything to 0 which would be a bit irritating (or might be, we'll see), or we would never have more than 1 ghost.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Huh? Oh no, it's not every 100 posts! It's every time the count gets to 100! And when the count gets to 50 another Ghost is made so there's always at least two ghosts before the count hits 100. And remember that ghosts can say boo! and reset the count so really there can be plenty of ghosts before the count hits 100 if they're active enough and keep saying Boo! after 50 but before 100.

Years

Boo!, just kidding >: )

tehehehehe

I'm a Haunter now. Be aware!

Sorry Giratina cant choose two! :(
    Sora, I get it now. Still, expect that we will never get to 100th count. I dont want to lose my cool status D:
    Also I kept refreshing this thread to get the right post count lol. Im too competitive sometimes lol.
    Squirrel if you decide to use 3D pics, you can just copy the one from my signature. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Though, like you said, if ghosts constantly say boo! between 50 and 100 and never let it reach hundred then it'll be annoying, wouldn't it? So eventually I'm sure you'll get it get to 100 to keep the game flowing. It's how it happened in the past. ;)

Years
  • Yeah you're right. I guess we'll see. Everything related to ghosts is never certain. One moment, there's no one, the next moment you know, plates are flying towards you lol.

Btw in Pokemon: Guardian signs there is an abandoned house, and plates are actually flying towards you when you first enter it lol.

Btw#2, did you guys like the Pokemon Tower episode? It's my favorite one. Or in top 5 for sure.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Wow, a ghost already? That was fast... As for the Pokémon Tower episode, I liked it, but I still think the Litwick Mansion episode is one of the best fillers ever made (especially the subbed version). xD

blue

gucci
    Years

I watched The Pokemon Tower episode quite recently as I started watching the Indigo League on Netflix. You really do forget how good the series was back then.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday

You really do forget just how different the anime was back then. The few times I went back to watch it, there was just more of a sense of mystery and "going into the unknown" adventure about it. Maybe because it was so brand-new to me at the time, and I hold onto that because of the nostalgia. If I watch the current season of the anime, it might feel different because I know so much about Pokemon.

I think the Orange Islands season has all of my favorite fillers. None of them were boring to me.

Years

I'll agree with you on that one Astinus. It definitely had a lot more mystery. it was a lot more unpredictable.
    Nowadays I could even predict which Pokemon will win.
    The only thing that is unpredictable now is Team Rocket. You know someone will blast them away, but that's the only thing you know lol.

Years

The Orange Islands saga was amazing. Agree that every episode was interesting and I found myself hooked before I knew it, wanting to rewatch them all constantly. The badge matches were really fun, too, and I'm a little upset that we don't have gyms like that nowadays. Ash just comes in and challenges the leader. What about all those traps we have in the games?? :(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

BOO! Fear my ghostly powers. I'm resetting it now quickly just so we can build up another ghost or two before we hit 100 - based on what Sora said I think we should keep the 100 posts event but there's not a lot of point reaching it right now with only two ghosts so let's recruit some more undeads!

I'm a Haunter now. Be aware!
    Welcome to the army of Ghosts - I've updated you in the OP. :D

The Orange Islands saga was amazing. Agree that every episode was interesting and I found myself hooked before I knew it, wanting to rewatch them all constantly. The badge matches were really fun, too, and I'm a little upset that we don't have gyms like that nowadays. Ash just comes in and challenges the leader. What about all those traps we have in the games?? :(
    Mm The Orange Islands really were a cool arc, I loved all the different kinds of 'battles' they introduced and you're right the badge matches really were a lot of fun to watch. Plus some of his Pokémon underwent such cool development stories during that arc, I loved the whole thing ♥

Years

Nah, he'd probably fall in every one of those and still get the badges.

Did anyone notice how most of his Pokemon just come to him, he barelly puts an effort to catch them

And did anyone notice how in one episode he had beaten a WILD SWAMPERT, and just figured he should go further?! I'll never forgive him that, who does that!

I keep forgetting to put the number in.
    Thanks Squirrel, may the scaring begin!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Well, that's Ash for you haha. It does seem that they'll be giving him some more character development in XY (to make up for BW Ash), but I doubt he'll receive as much development as Serena or Citron. Oh, well. Some is better than nothing, after all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back