• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Has the XY anime been worth watching so far? I didn't give it a chance after the BW2 arc got so dull XD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Ohoho, don't let that throw you off! xD The writers may have stopped caring about Best Wishes, but they're really giving it their all with XY. My only problems with it so far are the lagginess from episodes 11 to 25 and the problems I have with the rest of the Pokémon anime as a whole.

It's a shame that they didn't re-attempt the approach they took with the first 24 episodes of Best Wishes, but at least they're holding strong in a unique way!

Years
  • 5 I keep forgetting the number ugh!

I dont know. I keep delaying. I havent watched anything after third gen except for few Diamong/Pearl episodes. Im planning on doing a huge Pokemon marathon and watch all the episodes in a year or two. Im waiting for the best moment though, Pokemon are too precious to just be watched like any other random anime lol.

Meadow

Years

That's understandable, but it's actually a lot easier to watch them while they're still airing, haha. If you let them accumulate, then it'll take a heck of a lotta willpower to actually watch them through. xD

/speaking from experience

Years

Oh I dont need willpower for that. Im genuinely looking forward to it. I love Pokemon anime to the point where I could, without any problem, rewatch same episodes over and over. Mostly cos of Team Rocket ...and Misty :c come back pls?
    But yeah, 800+ episodes is in fact a lot to watch at once but oh well, we'll see how it goes.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    I keep freaking clickinv the next to last page on theads. >:0

Anyway, I don't follow what's gling on here at all but it seems to be 'let's rewatch every Pokemon episode in existence.'

blue

gucci
    Years

I'm about 20 episodes into the Indigo League, but the fact that there's another 800+ episodes after that is kinda daunting.

Meadow

Years

Haha, imagine you watched one episode per week for 800 weeks. How many years will it be until you're finished? xD

Heck, even if you watched one per day, it'll still take you well over two years. O_O

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Yeah that's quite a scary thought pahaha. I would rather just no-life it and watch them all over the space of a week, that sounds like a really good week to me :D

Meadow

Years

Oh, nooooo it isn't. xD Believe me, I've done this multiple times before (with Yu-Gi-Oh, which I love more than Pokémon), and my life was absolutely miserable. Unless I happen to be the odd one out, I would never recommend it, haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Guys stop having anime conversations without me gosh. :(

getting through Indigo and Orange League took me.... idk since I took a twomonth break near the indigo league lmfao. But the Orange League itself I believe took me two-three days. And the amount I did watch of Johto took me about one-two weeks? Between having work and such. And I think I actually only have like ten episodes left of Johto so it's just a matter of.... sitting down and finding time to watch them.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I used to have Boomerang, so I watched a Kanto/Johto episode every day, then we got rid of a lot of channels on our cable including that so I had the DP anime and newer Unova episodes on Cartoon Network. Then I missed all but 3 episodes of XY. I now have Netflix though. :0
    Also I was watching a BW episode with my brothers and it was the FLIPPING LAST EPISODE WHERE IRIS AND CILAN LEFT AND THE ONE AFTER THAT I WASN'T EXPECTING IT. *angry sigh*

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Ughhh I know how that feels when you watch something and it ends up being the end of the season or series or whatever. It's not so much with some shows, but it just doesn't work with Pokemon I don't think. To be honest knowing that he's going to lose every league is probably why I keep slowing down when I get closer to every league other than the Orange one hahaha.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • 16!

Oooh, fancy ghost thread! I call dibs on Golurk :3

You guys should totally watch Legend of Korra BTW. It's the first thing that comes up to mind when I think of a series :D

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Although, I admit the Legend of Korra is a good series, it has nothing to do with Pokémon and we can't really go deep into it, at least not on this forum.

Years

I gave up on TV's Pokemon cos of constant seasons changing and cutting it in the middle.

Guys my advice is this. Every morning,preferably on the school/college break, wake up early, get some food, and watch 3-4 episodes. This is absolutely, the best possible way to start a day. I watched about 100 episodes few summers ago but couldnt continue. Looking forward to redoing it all over again, and hopefully watch the entire anime this time xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024

That sounds like it will take a long time...
    By the way, aren't you a ghost Sven?

Years

Probably, but I'm fine with that. When it comes to Pokemon, I wouldnt mind taking it a long time, Im not in a hurry witht his franchise :D

Yes I am :D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Well I'm done with Pokemon anime in general but that's what I usually do for other anime that I watch! :D I mean, marathon-ing 1-2 seasons in a day is cool and all, but nothing beats old school, slowly watching the plot develop anime watching. x]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back