• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I'm quite interested in a darker side of the Pokémon story, this is sounding pretty appealing! I'm looking at the art style on Google images now but there's about 5 different styles showing up... guess I'll just have to take a proper look when I get time :D

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

NOW WE TALK ABOUT POKESPE???
    FLARE LEAVES SO POKESPE BECOMES THE TOPIC???
    I feel so betrayed lol

@everyone wanting to read PokeSpe: There is a site called JB2448 or something like that that has most of it I believe, but rhere are comments over part of the right side of the pages sometimes....

@Revise It may be because the RGB arc is basically a retelling of the Kanto games with slightly new personalilties(Green is annoying, but not like Gary....) but the chapters after are almost completely far apart from the games. GSC no one even has badges(other than Silver's fake badges haha), Emerald and Yellow are original characters, the DPPt trio actually stick together most of the arc, BW had an 'emplorer/employee' thing going while B2W2 is a 'private detective above Looker Rank/ex-Plasma member' thing, and so far X is so depressing... But I can see why. Get it. Y. Hahaha. That or you did in fact read a different manga.

@Sora thank you for actually noticing it's not all darker than the anime!!! Everyone I see says they read it because it's more mature, but what about Gold flirting with Bugsy, or Dia and Pearl, or Black in general......?......

Also if you're the kind to read fanfictions be careful because for some reason canon vs fanon is completely different. :|

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I'm sorry sven. ;^;
    Please accept my pink clefairy as an apology

Pokespe- Pokemon Special.
    Canon- Stuff that happens in the actual media. Here it would be, say, Diamond and Pearl aee comedians. That's true, so ut's canon.
    Fanon- Fake stuff fans think is canon. This would be EVERY STUPID FANFICTION OUT THERE giving the characters one part of their personality and calling it good.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Hmm, I still haven't tried the manga yet, haha. I just follow the anime for the heck of it, because it admittedly interests me.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

Mmmmm same i never have stopped watching the anime mostly cause they made the storyline better and there MIGHT actually be romance in it at one point.
    I would like to read the manga though just need time hehe

Meadow

Years

Yeah... Ash and Serena are pretty serious business, compared to his other companions anyway. xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Wait wait wait, there's an actual romance in the anime now? :o How serious is it?

Dedenne1

Years
    Oh its tots seri haha but one of the Japanese episode titles is umm blah blah blah and then the second part is ash and Serena's first date! Hehe its getting serious in pokemon :p

Dedenne1

Years
    Comeon Sven we all know its coming! And i think theyre like 14-15 now lol
    What if relationships were in the pokemon games omg lol

Meadow

Years

Honestly, they're probably gonna turn it into a disappointment, but that shippiness is real lol (at least, in Pokémon standards). xD

Years

I kinda doubt. Anime is here primarily to suck kids into the franchise imho, and adding that element would feel kinda awkward.
    At least that's what i think if I owned the franchise.

I wouldnt mind relationships in the games. I claim Cynthia and all the female gym leaders and ya'll can take everyone else. Sounds fair to me.

Meadow

Years
  • ^LOL

Yeah, they're probably not gonna do anything big in the end, but the writers do like to tease that shipping around whenever they get the chance.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Haha yeah. It's still mostly one-sided and I doubt Ash is goingto even realize and understand what's up by the end of the series so. vOv

AND RE: POKESPE BEING DARK AND MATURE haha yeah people like to say that but c'mon. It's pretty silly and dorkish and I wouldn't exactly call it 'mature' at all tbh. It's just kids trying to be cool saying that they're into something "darker" like the manga and it's "better than the anime" because of it. It's dumb. :')

I used to be one of those dumb kids. I would know lmfao.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Psh, I claim Jigglypuff. Dat little cutie. cough

I'll try my best to read some soon but I'll be pretty over the next few days so no promises XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back