• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years

Kirby is my favorite character in the Smash bros series, but I'm never had more fun in the game than with Jigglypuff. God damn getting a knockout with rollout and/or hitting rest is satisfying.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

How would you guys feel having a friend who sung exactly like Jigglypuff though? I'd probably be concerned, impressed then fast asleep. ):

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

You would probably live with me and my friend then. She's a bery serious soprano, I have Sharpie markers, let's do this thing. ^^
    I heard about that episode soemwhere. It seems like shippings are going everywhere lately, the whole BrendonxMay thing people are saying is reinforced in OrAs a LOT, the AshxSerena thing in the anime, and then even Pokemon Special! *gasp!*
    Just kidding PokeSpe has never cared to mask(....) shippings, that's just Ruby. *coughcough*

If we have to claim game characters kow I claim myself, I play so often I think I am legitly Red now.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I think the crude sharpie drawings are a good reason to live with Jigglypuff - it'd be fun seeing what he ends up drawing :D

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I like how after jigglypuff puts them to sleep and it always puffs up then draws on peoples faces like why the heck you sleeping? Its a lullaby theyre supposed to sleep haha

blue

gucci
    Years

I've never actually played any of the Kirby games, only ever on Smash Bros. I was considering on trying Kirby's Epic Yarn around the time of release, but never got around to playing it. ;;

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Since we're (supposedly) on the topic of games that Pokémon drew inspiration from, has anyone noticed the striking similarities between Generation I of Pokémon and EarthBound? Funny thing is, EarthBound was made by Ape Inc, which happens to be known as Creatures Inc. (sound familiar?) in today's era.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I think the crude sharpie drawings are a good reason to live with Jigglypuff - it'd be fun seeing what he ends up drawing :D
    Spoiler:

Actually I did that to my friend the other nught because she fell asleep around 10:30 and I got bored. It washed off in her sleep though so when we woke up I noticed it was gone and laughed asking how she thought of her face and she just blinked and I had to explain what I did. I also woke her up at 11 playing K Pop in her ear. XD

I've never actually played any of the Kirby games, only ever on Smash Bros. I was considering on trying Kirby's Epic Yarn around the time of release, but never got around to playing it. ;;

My brothers are playing that RIGHT NOW. I tried to play it on two player with my sister but appearantly neither of us knows the word 'cooperate'. XD it's fun, you should try it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now

JWittz did a video where he discussed the same idea. There are quite a few more similarities between Pokemon and Earthbound/Mother. Like how Ness only has a mother and his father is absent (except by phone), which is the same in Pokemon in most of the games.

One of the early early Pokemon designs was of an ape wearing a baseball cap, which combines references to Ape Inc. and Ninten, the hero of the first Mother game for the NES. Ninten also wore a baseball cap, like Ness.

Meadow

Years

Hmm, interesting stuff indeed. I also noticed that Pokey/Porky has a similar personality to that of the rival in Generation I (albeit significantly more obnoxious), and interestingly enough, they're both the second to last enemy that you can fight in-game (that is, if Mewtwo counts as the last enemy).

Oh, and speaking of Mewtwo, Giegue's original design has "Mewtwo" written all over it.

Well, to an extent anyway.

blue

gucci
    Years

I remember reading up about the similarity between Mewtwo and Giegue, it could be some sort of throwback.

On an unrelated note, there's a Nintendo Direct tomorrow and it looks like there could be a new Pokémon Rumble game announced! 8)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Oo, possible new Rumble game? :o That's really exciting, I adore that series! What hints have there been so far?

Meadow

Years

Not sure, actually. If we do get a new Rumble game, do you think it'll be for the New 3DS? All of the current Nintendo systems have one, so...

EDIT: Oh, ghost'd I think! ...Right? xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back