• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weakest legendary Pokémon?

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    That is not true, there's more to being Legendary that just being only one in-game.

Years
    Oh yeah that's true, both her defences are high. But I don't think that there is a 'weakest' legendary. Just as with all the other Pokémon, its stats are not the only thing that define its strength - it depends on the moveset it has. Some movesets will wipe the floor with you, while some, used on the same Pokémon, won't be as good.

Take Chandelure (I know this isn't a legendary, but just as an example for a moveset). Chandelure is fire and ghost type. One moveset for Chandelure would be Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Will-o-wisp. Overall a good moveset, but since Chandelure is fire type, a move like Surf, which is often used, will probably OHKO it. If you replace Will-o-wisp for example, with Energy Ball, a pretty powerful grass type move, Chandelure has an increased chance against water types.

This example proves that it's about coverage, regarding the moveset. A Pokémon with a moveset that covers all of its weaknesses (or for the most part), is considered pretty strong, regardless of its stats. With that comes that types, and whether it's a dualtyper or a monotyper, also counts, and with all of those factors it seems pretty hard to me to actually define the weakest legendary.
    I know I say her alot, but Palkia. she has so many weaknesses. And she's dainty and was cowardly in the anime. That's why I think she's the weakest.

I say if you can get killed easily no matter what and cant dish a move, then they are weak.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    In g/s/c snorlax sudwoodoo graydos(red) are considered legendarys cuz they is one of them
    I don't think that's right, you can breed Snorlax and Sudowoodo, they're just regular Pokémon. The Gyarados is a shiny which does make it rare maybe (actually not even that since you have a guaranteed chance to get it), but that would mean that every shiny you get would be considered a legendary.

One of the things that defines a legendary is that you can't breed it for example. While you can breed Manaphy, the offspring is a Phione, so technically that makes Manaphy non-breedable as well.

Which actually brings up a question in me - is Rotom considered a legendary? I mean I always thought so, but you can breed Rotom, so what is it?

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    You can breed Rotom with a ditto, it's not a Legendary lol I tested it myself.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
    Rotom is no legendary and I kniw a legendary isn't a legendary because there is one. But it is easier to classfie them to that

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020

So is manaphy a legendary then?

I'm shocked no one said this Pokemon's name:

Phione, I think its the weakest in my opinion

:t354:TG
    Manaphy is a legendary, I mentioned that above in my other comment, because the offspring of Manaphy is a Phione, an not a Manaphy. Phione on the other hand is not a legendary, because you can breed Phione. You can't breed Manaphy technically, because the offspring is a different Pokémon.

But besides that I think Phione is pretty weak yeah.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Latias is a weaker version of Latios offensively, but I wouldn't call it weak. Just weaker than Latios lol.
    Just depends on what direction you want to go though, Latios has more offensive stats like you said, and Latias has more defensive stats, so it probably depends. But I like Latios better haha.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I prefer Latios as well, one of my favorites actually. I believe Latios and Latias' special atk and special defense are just switched. But I'm not hundred percent sure. Nonetheless I agree with you though It just depends on the way you look at it I suppose.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I prefer Latios as well, one of my favorites actually. I believe Latios and Latias' special atk and special defense are just switched. But I'm not hundred percent sure. Nonetheless I agree with you though It just depends on the way you look at it I suppose.
    Yeah they are switched, just checked it on Serebii and you're right.

No one likes defensive Pokemon :[

I do but yeah. What about Palkia? Anyone with me on her?
    I like defensive Pokémon!

But yeah about Palkia (I'll just refer to it as genderless, which it is), it's not as weak as you think, it has very high special attack, 150 base which is very close to Mewtwo's, and high special defense as well. It also only has one weakness which is Dragon, and while it might not have many resistances (only 3, I believe), Dragon attacks aren't used that often, so it's not a very threatening weakness. Dialga is stronger though since it has A LOT of resistances because it's Steel/Dragon.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    In Ubers Dragon moves are used quite often. But, I agree with Yoshikkko here Palkia is just a huge threat. It's base Special Atk is almost unfair and it has spacial rend which has a high chance of getting a critical hit I believe.

In my opinion Palkia stands as one of the highest and most power legendary Pokemon.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Ooh I didn't know that Dragon moves were used a lot in Uber, it does make sense though.

Butttttt Palkia was shown the be a coward in the Anime.
    But I think that what is shown in the anime doesn't even say the least about the Pokémon in the actual game, because what they show in the anime, has more to do with the personality of the Pokémon, instead of with the actual capacity. I didn't see the movie, but earlier in the thread you described what Palkia did, but I don't think that that has anything to do with being a 'coward', and even less with being weak.

A good example is Pikachu - we see Pikachu beating almost every Pokémon out there in the anime, like Rhydon in one episode, but that says nothing about how strong it is in the game.

Years
    How could have it not have anything to do with being weak or a coward? Palkia fled from Dialga after she was wounded. Dialga as pissed when he finally caught up because she acted cowardly.

It was all because Palkia is weak. :[

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    How could have it not have anything to do with being weak or a coward? Palkia fled from Dialga after she was wounded. Dialga as pissed when he finally caught up because she acted cowardly.

It was all because Palkia is weak. :[
    Like I said, I didn't see the movie, so I can't judge about that, but what I can say for sure is that however Pokémon are displayed in the anime or movies, has nothing to do with how strong they are in the game.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
    Latios and latias are good but. it depends

You can't mix with the anime or movie with the game the outputs will defentily be different . I agree with hawk plakia is one of the strongest . Also yoshikkko made a point.in the anime pikachu destroys a lot of pokemon with thundershock in yellow pikachus thunderskock barely does anything (depending on level and other thing like weakness though)

Last edited:
    Back