• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weakest legendary Pokémon?

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
    Artinco isn't weak. When I used to play red and yellow against the E4 his ice beam and blizzard destroyed bruno lance and gary(your rival) Manphay IS weak,also something to take in considertion is that zapdos is flying and eletric both weak to rock. But the weakest is acuttaly MEW

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Electric is not weak to rock. And Manaphy is uber for a reason, it's not weak and just about any Pokemon could be used in Red/Blue/Yellow. I have nothing against Articuno, I rather like it's design, but it's just weak compared to the other legendaries.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
    Eletric don't affect rock or ground like in r/b/y if you use pikachu against brock pokemons they have no affect. I am not saying articoino is not weak but the weakest I dunno know about that

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Eletric don't affect rock or ground like in r/b/y if you use pikachu against brock pokemons they have no affect. I am not saying articoino is not weak but the weakest I dunno know about that
    It's because Brock's Pokemon are Rock/Ground. Electric deals neutral damage to Rock.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Electric is only weak to ground, that's it. Electric-type attacks do nothing to ground Pokemon.

Or basically what Chiar said lol

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    It also has double weaknesses.
    Shaymin-S is one of the biggest threats in Uber... 120 sp. atk and 127 speed is certainly a dangerous stat. Serene Grace + 127 Speed + Air Slash is also deadly. Also, just because a pokemon has double weaknesses doesn't mean they're weak. Look at the likes of Salamence, Garchomp, Scizor, Heatran... list could go on for a while. Articuno has a shallow movepool, mediocre attacking stats and speed, and most steel types can completely wall it. It's good for stalling, but against "higher-tier" pokemon, it can barely survive a hit after Stealth Rock.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
    Well most of the rock pokemon are also ground type or have ground type moves. And even though zapdos is still weak to rock because of his flying type. The weakest IS MEW people you can't even get him/her without a code or cheat

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Well not really, Mew can learn any TM and it has been distributed through certain events. Mew is good because it's completely unpredictable I believe it has the biggest movepool. But I could be wrong.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
    Mew can learn any move but what is the use of him/her if you get him/her by cheating and codes or is there another way to get him/her ?

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Certain Nintendo events give Mew away, but there hasn't been any since Gen IV (Diamond and Pearl) I believe. And just because you can't get Mew doesn't make him weak, it's stats are all at base 100, which is pretty good.

Years
    Shaymin-S is one of the biggest threats in Uber... 120 sp. atk and 127 speed is certainly a dangerous stat. Serene Grace + 127 Speed + Air Slash is also deadly. Also, just because a pokemon has double weaknesses doesn't mean they're weak. Look at the likes of Salamence, Garchomp, Scizor, Heatran... list could go on for a while. Articuno has a shallow movepool, mediocre attacking stats and speed, and most steel types can completely wall it. It's good for stalling, but against "higher-tier" pokemon, it can barely survive a hit after Stealth Rock.

Okay, So I'm guessing Shaymin is stronger than Palkia then if that's the case. At least Shay isn't a coward. :p

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well not really, Mew can learn any TM and it has been distributed through certain events. Mew is good because it's completely unpredictable I believe it has the biggest movepool. But I could be wrong.
    No I agree, Mew is not at all weak since like you say, it has the biggest movepool of all Pokémon since it can learn ANY TM, which makes it unpredictable, it's just that it doesn't top a lot of other strong Pokémon, and therefore not considered an option for a competitive team.

Also, the Regis are pretty strong, they all have their own specialty I guess, Regirock has the highest def and highest att (of the three of course). Regice has the highest s.def and s.att, and Registeel has evened out def and s.def (which does make him the weakest of the three).

I'd say Shaymin is among the weakest, but on the other side, Sky Forme is very strong and currently classified as Uber (even though it doesn't really pose a threat to other ubers - at least that's what I read - it's kind of lingering in between Standard and Uber)

Also, I never hear anything about Cresselia or Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf? They don't really seem that strong to me, they're monotypes and psychic doesn't exactly cover a lot of types and takes neutral damage from almost every type.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Uxie has good defense and Azelf has great speed and offensive stats, but Mesprit might be a little on the weak side. Though I've never seen it in competitive battles.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
    I agree but learning every move might turn out bad in some sututions, I don't think there is a weakest legendary but there is a weakest legendary in every region

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Regirock is good in sandstorm, Regice is pretty decent in Hail, and Registeel is just standard. They're okay, but not that great. Still, I think Articuno is the weakest when it comes to competitive battling standards.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Cresseila has a really good defense, so you can't OHKO her easily. I'd rather use Gothitelle over her but she's not that weak. The Pixie trio are weak as well but not the weakest.
    Oh yeah that's true, both her defences are high. But I don't think that there is a 'weakest' legendary. Just as with all the other Pokémon, its stats are not the only thing that define its strength - it depends on the moveset it has. Some movesets will wipe the floor with you, while some, used on the same Pokémon, won't be as good.

Take Chandelure (I know this isn't a legendary, but just as an example for a moveset). Chandelure is fire and ghost type. One moveset for Chandelure would be Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Will-o-wisp. Overall a good moveset, but since Chandelure is fire type, a move like Surf, which is often used, will probably OHKO it. If you replace Will-o-wisp for example, with Energy Ball, a pretty powerful grass type move, Chandelure has an increased chance against water types.

This example proves that it's about coverage, regarding the moveset. A Pokémon with a moveset that covers all of its weaknesses (or for the most part), is considered pretty strong, regardless of its stats. With that comes that types, and whether it's a dualtyper or a monotyper, also counts, and with all of those factors it seems pretty hard to me to actually define the weakest legendary.

Back