• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I love happy endings... as long as it's not too overdone. Not that there's much of a chance of it being overdone...

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Happy endings are too mainstream expected.

My preferred kind of endings is the sacrificial one. People can pull off much more emotions from this one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Pfffft, happy endings. They're nice sometimes but not always the most realistic. I like endings that can draw some kind of emotion out of me other than "awww, how nice n__n"

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I like ambiguous endings. They don't have to be on the level of Inception or anything, but I find that a little bit of ambiguity about where a character is going to go next is much better than having everything simply resolved. It gets you to think about what you've just watched, which is a good thing, in my opinion.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Ambiguous endings bug the hell out of me. I don't necessarily think the ending has to be happy, but there does have to be an ending. If you leave the story unresolved, I leave feeling cheated.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
No ending is the worst kind of ending, but if you can call it the worst kind of ending, then no ending has to be an ending of sorts, huh? *head explodes*

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
To me there's a difference between 'ambiguous' and 'unresolved'. To demonstrate, I'm going to spoil the end of an awesome Iranian film called A Separation and the Coen brothers' A Serious Man so, spoilers ahoy!

A Separation - ambiguous ending

Spoiler:

A Serious Man - unresolved ending

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
To me there's a difference between 'ambiguous' and 'unresolved'. To demonstrate, I'm going to spoil the end of an awesome Iranian film called A Separation and the Coen brothers' A Serious Man so, spoilers ahoy!

A Separation - ambiguous ending

Spoiler:

A Serious Man - unresolved ending

Spoiler:

See, I like the first kind of ending because it's completely open for interpretation and makes people think and come to their own conclusions.

But the other ending, I guess I would be one of those people at the end of the film going "...that was it?" Maybe I need the context of the rest of the movie to truly judge, though.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
With movies, I'm not a fan of a quick ~everything is resolved ending~, I think it's the main reason why I'm not a big fan of movies. To set up an hour and half worth of plot and then take twenty minutes to figure it all out kills it for me. Which I guess is why I like longer movies, they may be a pain to sit through, but at least the finish things up right.

For books though, I HATE ambiguous endings! One of my favorite authors, Murakami, does it alllllllllll the time too. I feel like with a book, you don't have a time limit like movies so you actually can take care of loose ends and resolve the plot. So when authors get lazy with their writing and leave plot holes or tie everything up to fast (i'm looking at you, Jodi Picoult) I get irked.

/COOL STORY BRO

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Didn't hear that one yet, but as far as stories are concerned, I do like everything to be wrapped up nicely. Maybe leave a few things open ended, but for the most part I want to see an ending where stuff gets resolved.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Welcome back Team Fail! And no I didn't hear about the accident. I can look it up now though wait a sec lol. I'm guessing you mean this? Also apparently 4 more got injured.

Years
For books though, I HATE ambiguous endings! One of my favorite authors, Murakami, does it alllllllllll the time too. I feel like with a book, you don't have a time limit like movies so you actually can take care of loose ends and resolve the plot. So when authors get lazy with their writing and leave plot holes or tie everything up to fast (i'm looking at you, Jodi Picoult) I get irked.
I can't read Murakami because his books have no resolution. You could stop reading 2/3 of the way through a book and it wouldn't matter because they just sort of meander until the very last page.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
8 of them in an SUV? Unless it was a Suburban or something, that vehicle was way overpacked... and that could've led to the rollover, all that extra weight in a vehicle that couldn't handle that many passengers would be more prone to rolling over.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I can't read Murakami because his books have no resolution. You could stop reading 2/3 of the way through a book and it wouldn't matter because they just sort of meander until the very last page.
All I've read by Murakami is Norwegian Wood, but I completely loved it. I've got 1Q84 coming in the post, and it should be here by the end of the week. Really, really looking forward to it.

Years
All I've read by Murakami is Norwegian Wood, but I completely loved it. I've got 1Q84 coming in the post, and it should be here by the end of the week. Really, really looking forward to it.
I tried to read Norwegian Wood, but I gave up halfway. The only thing of his I've actually finished was Hard-boiled Wonderland, but still I'm going to try 1Q84 for the 1984 reference and from bits and pieces I've heard about it that make me hope I can like it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Norwegian Wood's probably one of my favourite books ever, to be honest. I just love the style of writing, so I'm not as bothered about a lack of 'resolution', so to speak. I think Norwegian Wood has a fairly concrete ending, though. I've read about half of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by going into bookshops and reading a chapter at a time (yes, I'm incredibly cheap when I want to be)... so that could end up all weird and I'd have no idea.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
Years
Here in the Philippines, we don't decorate our houses, though we do have these weird convention-type things where kids like me go to show off their ridiculous costumes every year.

Mom's side of the family is Phillipino so of course I know what's it like there..

I hate scary movies =__=. My best is Comedy or anime,romance :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back