• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I can't speak for the second and third movies, since I've never seen them, (but I would assume they'd follow a similar format), but Paranormal Activity wasn't a gory movie or something action-oriented. It's actually filmed like a home-movie documentary style, so it's kind of raw and makes it more believable since it's not like a Hollywood-style kind of movie.
    Oh, that sounds interesting. Somehow I had the impression it was one of those series that just has people dying all over the place or something.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They're slightly both.. primarily suspense-scare but it's definately worth seeing atleast one of them but if you plan to see all 3, go in order otherwise it won't make much sence if you jump straight into the 2nd or 3rd.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Then I'm gonna be slightly lost this weekend if/when I go to see the third, since I've seen the first but not the second. XD; I kind of have the gist of what happened in the second one (sort of) so I hope I'm not too lost.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The new directors of PA3 are the same guys who did this awesome is-it-real-or-is-it-fake documentary called Catfish last year. That was a really good film. As for PA3, I'm not going to be partaking, in all honesty. Unless it's something like Psycho or The Shining, I don't really do horror.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    That's right but they're all linked and in order to fully understand it you would have to watch the first, second then third.
    Aw, that's too bad. After some thinking, I decided to go see the third one this weekend, but that means there will be plotholes, huh?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • If it's a good enough film, it should be able to stand on its own merits, without the need for watching the films before it. Take the Toy Story franchise: you can watch each one completely independent of the others; you might not get the character nuances established over the previous entries in the series, but the film should hold up. From all the good things I've been hearing about PA3, you should be OK with seeing that one first...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't think PA was ever meant to be a franchise strong on its storyline and reletivity to its counterparts that were released at any rate. From what I seen in PA2, it really gave enough of an insight to the previous film for it to stand alone.

Not dying to see it, but they're usually quite well shot, I always like the way they do their effects. Cheap, but effective. For the previous two at least.

If you want a horror movie that will thrill you, watch REC. Amazing movie, one half hour of that film, is the best I've ever seen in a horror movie. Won't say when and where, but you'll know when you see it. That'd be my Halloween recommendation this year!

Stay away from the US remake "Quarantine".

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I can't do horror. I can't even finish Portal because I'm too scared of it.

But I've gotten better because I can watch my bf play Dead Space and DS2 without being that scared! Except I can't really go in elevators for a bit after, lol.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Probably saw or something, I used to get scared watching Simpson Halloween Specials :x
    Hahaha, that one actually scared me, too.

If you want a horror movie that will thrill you, watch REC. Amazing movie, one half hour of that film, is the best I've ever seen in a horror movie. Won't say when and where, but you'll know when you see it. That'd be my Halloween recommendation this year!

Stay away from the US remake "Quarantine".
    Yay! REC is the most recommended 'horror/zombie' movie yet.

US remakes are usually far, far worse. US remakes of 'let the right one in' and 'Pan's labyrinth', they blow.

Years
  • Hahaha, that one actually scared me, too.

Yay! REC is the most recommended 'horror/zombie' movie yet.

US remakes are usually far, far worse. US remakes of 'let the right one in' and 'Pan's labyrinth', they blow.
    They remade Pan's Labyrinth? It's such a good movie already. What's the point in doing that? - it's not even that old.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    They remade Pan's Labyrinth? It's such a good movie already. What's the point in doing that? - it's not even that old.
    I only saw the trailer, the name of the movie is 'don't be afraid of the dark' but I'm sure it blows.

Remakes don't have always to do with dates. Take Quarantine that Abnegation mentioned, for example.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is a remake of a 1973 film with the same name, not Pan's Labyrinth. I guess the only real connection is a script by Guillermo del Toro, but he's not even directing it, let alone remaking Pan's Labyrinth.

Phew. You had me worried there for a second, Truality!
    Rofl

Why do I remember hearing that it was PL's remake? *searches* Okay, I failed. I'm sorry, I was swayed by some convo I had with a friend irl.

This film still blows imo.

EDIT: You messed up the links pal xD

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There's scenes from PA1 & PA2 in there only very few but its just some of the dialouge from PA1 & PA2 that relates to PA3, theres no official storyline so you'd still enjoy watching it.. I just think youd have a better understanding watching them in chronological order.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back