• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I say it like Cure-em, with the "em" sounding like you would pronounce the letter on its own (or the first syllable in Emily).

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I wouldn't doubt if tomorrow the thread title is different again .. :'p

Bed time so, goodnight PC!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Some people can't even describe how they pronounce things, it bothers me. XD I never have any trouble either finding a word that sounds similar (either is identical or rhymes) with a syllable, or writing it out in a way that makes sense but some people are like "I pronounce Rayquaza like ray-quaz-a!" and I'm like what really

Years
    Is that how you say it? The 'kyo' at the beginning looks so Japanese I thought you'd pronounce it like it was... well, like the 'kyo' in Tokyo.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I've known of someone who couldn't pronounce "Sacred Fire" correctly. They said it was "scared fire".

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Eh, isn't that just more of a mistake than a mispronunciation, as Sacred does sort of look like scared if you're not really looking at the word properly. idk. :P

I know theres massive confusion on Suicune's pronunciation, I just follow what I hear on the anime most of the time, because it'll stick in my head.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's like it should be spelt Sweecoon even though that looks like sweet corn but something similar because that's how its pronounced... amirite?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Waitwaitwaitwaitwait... Entei isn't 'Enn-tay'? My mind has just been blown.
    I think it is. I mean... I'm pretty sure that's how they pronounce it in the third movie, and idk how else they would pronounce it. D:

I agree with Gabri, that video was pretty boss, haha!

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Aw, good for him. I wouldn't have the guts to accompany the police to the parents of the deceased players, that's for sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back