• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What anime/manga have you watched last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seitokai no Ichizon, eps 7-12 (finished): It is a very misunderstood anime, so to say. The emotional parts didn't really get me to feel too much, but at least it achieved a serious mood. However, the comedy still got me to chuckle and I enjoyed it all the way through. :3 In the end, I guess it was both a harem and a yaoi ending? XD
    With this, I will begin Toradora! next week for my dose of school drama slice-of-life stuff. o3o;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Last night I marathoned the second half of Umineko no Naku Koro ni with my housemate. Confusing anime is so very confusing. And akdjgfslfs that ending. >:(

Also been keeping up with Fairy Tail. It's FINALLY getting interesting omg. n_n

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Seitokai no Ichizon, eps 7-12 (finished): It is a very misunderstood anime, so to say. The emotional parts didn't really get me to feel too much, but at least it achieved a serious mood. However, the comedy still got me to chuckle and I enjoyed it all the way through. :3 In the end, I guess it was both a harem and a yaoi ending? XD
    With this, I will begin Toradora! next week for my dose of school drama slice-of-life stuff. o3o;
    I finished watching Seitokai no Ichizon a couple weeks ago, and it's definitely going on my top 5. I'm even watching it a second time, since I don't really have anything else to watch.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Kobato, FMAB, and Durarara! in order.

Only three series' I've bothered to watch this season.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years

Yeah, I kind of hated how they put emotional stuff into a comedy anime. It just didn't work for me. But I hope you enjoy Toradora!; it's a really nice anime to watch. It's probably one of my favourite animes.

Last night I marathoned the second half of Umineko no Naku Koro ni with my housemate. Confusing anime is so very confusing. And akdjgfslfs that ending. >:(

Also been keeping up with Fairy Tail. It's FINALLY getting interesting omg. n_n

Oh God, the Umineko anime ending was horrible (actually, I found the whole anime to be horrible but whatever). If Studio DEEN is producing Umineko Chiru (aka the second season of Umineko) I just hope they do a much better job of it. But it's Studio DEEN, so if they do produce it, it'll probably be another train wreck of an anime.

I've finally finished CLANNAD ~After Story~ and I decided to watch CLANNAD: Another World, Kyou Chapter as well. CLANNAD's background music is probably the most beautiful background music I've ever heard in an anime. I adore Nagisa's theme song; heck, sometimes I start to sing the "Dango Daikazoku" song along with it since they both have the same rhythem/beat/whatever. A great anime to watch although I didn't get all that sad at the two major parts (Nagisa's and Ushio's… well, you know what I mean if you've watched it) although I did spoil myself beforehand so… Other anime that I've been keeping up with: Dance in the Vampire Bund, Durarara!!, Hanamaru Kindergarten, Ookami Kakushi and Sora no Woto. I also started watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann with my brother yesterday. My brother has already watched it, but we decided to watch it together. Hooray for family bonding via watching anime! I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy mecha-type animes but I do! I've only seen the first three episodes, but I totally love it already. Kamina and Leeron are hilarious and the background music is fantastic. Too bad I already spoiled myself for episode eight.

As for manga, I'll start my favourite Higurashi arc next; Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Meakashi-hen. I loooove psychotic Shion. <3 Other manga I've been reading: di[e]ce, Katekyo Hitman REBORN!, Kimi ni Todoke, Judge, Stardust Wink, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (… okay I really like Gurren Lagann ;__;). I think I might pick up Lock On!, D.Gray-Man and Highschool of the Dead sometime soon. And maybe the Gintama manga if I have the time. And I'll be sure to read Ryukishi07's new manga - Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni (TITLE SIMILARITIES MUCH?) (English: At the Night When Amaryllis Blooms). I'm hoping it'll be more like Higurashi instead of Umineko. I mean, trolling witches are cool and all, but I prefer killer lolis.

Years
  • I finished watching Seitokai no Ichizon a couple weeks ago, and it's definitely going on my top 5. I'm even watching it a second time, since I don't really have anything else to watch.
    Seeing how we are like-minded in liking this show, maybe I can convince you to watch some of my favorites? :B
    Yeah, I kind of hated how they put emotional stuff into a comedy anime. It just didn't work for me. But I hope you enjoy Toradora!; it's a really nice anime to watch. It's probably one of my favourite animes.
    I've been putting off Toradora! for a while now since other series keep popping up out of nowhere and catching my attention. I swear I'll get into it by the end of this week. ><;

Anyhoo, I've been watching some animated shorts lately, mostly due to time constraint:

La Maison en Petits Cubes: Shouldn't even be considered an anime in the first place, since that title is inappropriate for this work of art. I loved the art in this short, which is European-esque, as well as the effective use of metaphors in the scenery. The music is gentle but heartfelt. A definite recommendation for anyone with 12 minutes to spare and nothing to watch. No need for subs/dubs either, since there's no voice acting in this.

She and Her Cat: One of Makoto Shinkai's older works. A calming and relaxing piece of work as usual, and a rather realistic approach to narration of life from a cat's point of view.

Tooi Sekai: An old one-and-a-half minute short, also from Makoto Shinkai. After watching this, I had to listen to Erik Satie's Gymnopedies (I still don't know how to spell that correctly) non-stop. Both the short and the music was melancholy and romantic, and quite deep. A very unique style of art in this one too.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Just finished reading Lovely Complex Volumes 8-10. Oh man...there are times I wish the anime came in the US. While I was reading the manga I thought about the anime. I think the manga is more detailed than the anime, but they are both great. I am going to get 12-17 soon...

I think to me Volumes 7-10 are the best volumes to read, imo. They are so good I re-read them. XD

Last edited:

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Toradora! epsodes 1-23

I actually thought this was going to be another cliché school love story.... but I was wrong.
    After watching the first two or three episodes those thoughts were completely different because I can say this anime has a very unique storyline with characters that are also unique and play off each other perfectly in a comical and emotional way.
    I haven't watched the last two episodes yet but I can tell the ending will be quite amazing and emotional and I hope that's the way it will end.

well that's exactly what I will do before going to bed. XD

Edit: I decided to spoil myself and watch them earlier than intended. XD

I wasn't wrong about the last two episodes being emotional.

I can't help think that it should have had a third series or even an OVA to explain what happened next rather then finishing it like that. XD

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Kobato 22
    Next episode we get to see Kobato takes off her hat! It is also a 2 part episode.

5cm per second
    This movie was just heartbreaking and made me depressed. I don't know whether I should be happy or not. I don't like happy endings but maybe this movie should have a happy ending? Nevertheless glad I watched it. Maybe I shouldn't have watched ir in a rainy day....

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Macross Frontier ep 9
    Fairy Tail ep 8
    FMA Brotherhood ep 9

One thing I like about anime club is that it exposes me to shows that I normally wouldn't watch. All three of the above are outside my normal anime genre preferences, but I've found them engaging nonetheless.

Doodle~Pichu

The Unusual Person
    Years
  • Last anime: Petite Princess Yucie (Don't judge me >3>; )
    Last manga: AAA

I might as well watch the AAA anime because there aren't any new chapter's in english out yet..

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Baka test episode 11.
    Lol, 2 ESB wars in one episode. 2 more episodes to go.

Katanatagari episode 2.
    Well, Nisio Isin is random. You can't talk about aliens in a samurai anime, and he is also very perverted. Nisemonogatari should have explained that. 2 books just so he can fulfill his desires...

Onani Master Kurosawa ~ after the juvenile ~ Chapter 1 & 2
    Yes, folks. There was a sequel. In novel form. They are no longer called the SOS-Dan, but instead...
    Spoiler:

Lol, it was a nice quick read.

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Durarara ep 11
    This episode was really epic. And lol at the Baccano reference. Thankfully, I watched a handful of Baccano and recognzed the characters. Baccano and Durarara was in the same universe but different timelines. Lol, of course Baccano is a story about Immortals so you shouldn't be surprise if they appeared in different timelines.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Started back watching some anime again. Recently I watched Episodes 18-24 of Lovely Complex. I been re-watching it. Man it brings me back. It is still great. <3 I probably end up re-watching Episodes 1-24 again. XD

And I started watching Bokura ga Ita. It is so cute. <3 I really love it so far. I am going to watch the whole series. And I started reading the manga too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back