• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What anime/manga have you watched last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Arakawa Ep 2. The more I think about it, the more this series resembles Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. A crazy cast, a surreal sense of humor, and a chain of unpredictable short clips all wrapped up in a neat little shell. And the animation is so SHAFT. :D Easily one of the better series of the season, if not the best. I definitely have no regrets picking up this series since I was already in dire need of a good comedy. Pretty crazy stuff though. I wouldn't exactly say it's for everyone. SHAFT has come up with some crazy stuff, but this definitely takes the cake.

EVERYTHING WILL BE A-OK.

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I started watching a little of Bleach. I've heard a lot of people tell me how good it was. So far I like it.

Years
    I've been watching a bit of Mushishi and Aria the Natural lately to finish up both of those series and clear up my Watch List. The currently watching list stands at 9 series right now, which is a bit much. Anywho, the two series I mentioned keep a consistent level of quality throughout every episode, which is nice since I don't want to worry about if the episode I'm going into will be good or not.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Starting my spring season.

Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama & Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Angel Beats Ep 2. Honestly, I was fairly surprised at this one. They definitely cleaned up the animation a bit. Still, not much more in terms of plot development. They jump right in and end it without much explanation. The whole thing is moving too quickly for me. They really should slow down and try to explain things better, maybe add a bit of character development. The flashback scene was a bit awkward. It just wasn't enough drama to offset the general lack of seriousness of the whole episode. It ended with a bang, quite literally. It definitely didn't come up short in terms of special effects. Intro theme was pretty good and the BGM is fantastic, as expected from KEY. I'm still really not seeing the KEY story here though. At the moment, I can't seem to describe the genre of this anime as anything less than a watered down comedy with its very occasional sparks of action.

Giant Killing Ep 2. I still cannot seem to properly formulate an opinion on this series. It's not bad, but it's not particularly exciting either. I have a feeling it's due to my lack of experience with sport anime, but I really can't seem to find anything "outstanding" about this series in terms of plot. I wasn't too impressed with the artwork, but the overall quality of the animation isn't too bad. The series is still moving pretty slowly - typical characters and an overall typical story (new coach trying to improve the underdog team). Still, it's a rather nice change of pace since I haven't heard of any other good sport anime in a while.

Rainbow Ep 1. I wasn't expecting this anime to be all super happy sunshine but it was unexpectedly explicit (for me). This anime is as serious as it gets. Not terribly gruesome per se, but it is terribly brutal. I honestly haven't seen much like this. It will not make you smile. If anything, it will make you want to turn your head. Pretty deep stuff.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Pretty Cure ep. 44-46

Getting toward the climax (of the first season anyway), as our intrepid heroines venture into the darkness for the final epic battle with the evil forces residing within...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Giant Killing 1 and 2. It's' different since I'm use to the over the top dramatics of Inazuma Eleven. I don't remember seeing a sports anime where the main character isn't an actual player on the team though. Two episodes is bit early to judge for me.

Inazuma Eleven 77 - Basically this episode was a display of killer techniques. It wasn't bad, but for a match episode the animation kinda sucked. No good background music either. D: That makes the matches 10x better.

Last edited:
    Years
    Gintama 129-130: That's an interesting way to look at lifetime friendships. Unorthodox views on life are what I love about this show.

Heroman 3: The president is a white old man.
    Guy with the 8 on his Jersey wants to be the hero.
    PEOPLE DIE. :<

This show. <3

K-ON!! 2: I was entertained at least. Mugi has household moe~

Years
    Mushishi (finished): Like I mentioned in the Mushishi thread, I think it's just a beautiful work of art with masterful storytelling. Every episode can act as its own story, and the myths seems almost believable at times.

Angel Beats! episode 3: Good to see the comedy is finally dying down and we see some more drama. Still, I'm not feeling sad or depressed yet despite the episode's goal seemingly being this. But things are looking up at least, and I'm still holding out hope that I can score this series at least a 9/10. I have faith in Jun Maeda.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Fairy Tail Episode 25

O-OMG. Juvia is, like, the definition of a tsundere. Trying to kill Gray one minute and then going all "OMG he's so handsome and nice" the next. I. Love. This. Pairing.

Also, new opening and ending, yay~ I just hate how Erza's the focal point of the third ending, 'cause I hate Erza. And poor Gray has yet to be the focal point in the endings ;~;

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    code geass epi 8 (the black knights) -
    i love lelouch D: he so pro. LOL: "die." -liberation front leaders commit suicide-

mahou sensei negima epi 17 -
    i love nodoka *o*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back