• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently breeding?

Years
  • I'm currently not breeding anything yet since I don't have Alpha Sapphire or a 3DS but I bred all of these in my Pearl version and now they're sitting in Black waiting to be transferred when I get the 3DS. I was wondering if I should even try to re-breed them because some aren't mine. The ones that evolve by trading, I bred the first stage of each with the nature that I wanted and then forgot that I couldn't trade to evolve them since the WiFi was disabled (all were bred between January - March 2014) so I just PokeGen'd them in and some I made shiny for the fun of it. All 46 of them have movesets from Gen IV or V that I thought would be the most usefull or unique but I was wondering if it's even worth using them because those sets are outdated and there are much better sets out there. Also only 4 of them have 1 perfect IV since there was no real way to check the IV's in Pearl without using the IV calculator and since I was using the Quick Egg Hatch code I didn't want to reset each time I got one with bad IV's and then restart and put the code in again.

Here's the link to all 46 of them and the ones with symbols mean perfect IV's in the order of HP/Att/Def/Sp.Att/Sp.Def/Speed

mcarthur7416

Sexy Cowboy
    Years
  • Currently breeding Aron's with egg moves "head smash, superpower, and stone edge. Anyone need breedjects pm me :D got some with head smash, and some with head smash and superpower so far!

Bankaiglade

Rainbow Trainer
    Years
  • Currently breeding Abra's with synchronize with all different natures until I have every nature, to make breeding easier. (Munna would be easier due to being quicker to hatch buuuut, don't got one.) And, Contary Snivy with the right nature and 5 iv's after that. Then I guess Kangaskan, with the right nature.

Last edited:

mcarthur7416

Sexy Cowboy
    Years
  • So does anyone know a good guide on breeding IV's? All the equipment I'll need? Gonna try to breed some shinies with 5-6 IV's for trading

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Breeding Larvesta's, trying to get a 5iv missing Attack or 6iv. The other 5ivs will probably be WT'd so I can make room for the next Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Working on an Eevee breeding project. Have a Female HA Eevee in all the balls it was legal to catch them in... Now to breed for the egg move Wish to be able to pass down..... Once I've got that, I plan to do some Hidden Power breeding.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
  • Breeding for lolz:
    Adamant/Jolly 31/31/31/x/31/31 Dream Ball HA Magby with Belly Drum, Power Swap, Flare Blitz and Mach Punch

Will do some Modest and Timid with Belch, Power Swap, Barrier and Screeh later.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • I just got done breeding a defensive Magikarp in a Heavy Ball -- all from scratch, with my own Pokémon. My new Gyarados looks like a boss in that special Pokeball! Its spread is 252 Defense, 252 Speed, with an Impish nature. It's designed, like many of my breeding projects, as a tank. This big guy is able to set up right after its Intimidate ability kicks in. It will use its massive defenses to weather physical hits while it takes that extra turn or two to set up for a sweep.

My next project is a Dratini breed, but I'm not sure what Pokeball I want it to be bred out in. Any ideas?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I have got to vent.... the whole 12.5% female thing is really trolling my quest for a 6iv female Froakie with Protean.

Trying to breed for hidden powers.... have a male with all 30s for ivs... and one with all 31s.

I am glad I did not try to count how man6 eggs this would take. I think that would make me feel even more dishheartened.

Years
  • I'm pretty new to breeding and competitive battling. I'm thinking of starting with breeding a 6IV Froakie. My progress has been slow thus far.

Edit: Oh whoa I'm in a similar boat as the guy above me. These darn female Froakie, man.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I'm pretty new to breeding and competitive battling. I'm thinking of starting with breeding a 6IV Froakie. My progress has been slow thus far.

Edit: Oh whoa I'm in a similar boat as the guy above me. These darn female Froakie, man.

It's not just Froakies that are a pain to breed females.... It's any starter, any fosile Pokémon, and Eevee, Snorlax, and Togetic's line. Oh, and Lucario, and Zorua. I may have missed something. Those are all a 1 in 8 chance of being female.

Years
  • I have a question. I want to start my first hunt on breeding a competitive shiny.
    I have a 6IV Ditto with Destiny Knot and a 6IV Eevee. I really want an Umbreon.
    How do I make sure that I both get the nature I want (Calm or Careful) and the right IV's (-atk)?

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
    Years
  • I have a question. I want to start my first hunt on breeding a competitive shiny.
    I have a 6IV Ditto with Destiny Knot and a 6IV Eevee. I really want an Umbreon.
    How do I make sure that I both get the nature I want (Calm or Careful) and the right IV's (-atk)?

What nature do they have? If you happen to have one of those natures on either Pokemon, just make sure the one with the right nature is holding an Evertsone and give a Destiny Knot to the one that isn't holding anything. :)

Years
  • What nature do they have? If you happen to have one of those natures on either Pokemon, just make sure the one with the right nature is holding an Evertsone and give a Destiny Knot to the one that isn't holding anything. :)

The problem is they're both Modest :( And I already have both Sylveon and Espeon and don't need another Modest Eevee.

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
    Years
  • The problem is they're both Modest :( And I already have both Sylveon and Espeon and don't need another Modest Eevee.

Oh... well then, your best bet is to either find a parent with that nature that's in the same egg group as your Eevee or another Ditto with that nature and pass down that nature to the offspring (you must make Eevee hold that Destiny Knot in this case) or you can always try and RNG for that nature by making both parents hold a Destiny Knot (just so you increase your chances of breeding another 6IV Eevee with the right nature :) )

Years
  • Oh... well then, your best bet is to either find a parent with that nature that's in the same egg group as your Eevee or another Ditto with that nature and pass down that nature to the offspring (you must make Eevee hold that Destiny Knot in this case) or you can always try and RNG for that nature by making both parents hold a Destiny Knot (just so you increase your chances of breeding another 6IV Eevee with the right nature :) )

Both parents with a Destiny Knot? Never heard of that before.

Back