• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What are you gonna name yourself.

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    I'm probably just going to use my real name, since I'm quite unimaginative when it comes to naming the player character in Pokemon games.
    That is, of course, unless I think of something else. Which is highly unlikely at the moment.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
  • Currently on the Japanese White version it's called Rei (lit. 'Zero'), and I'll name it as Hiraku (which has been my pseudonym for quite a few years) when the English version comes out.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • on my black version i named myself Eury since there are very little character space. im still trying to decide what i will name myself on my white version.

and when i get the english versions if there is enough room it will be eurydice or Kahlan or Eurydia.

Alaskan Husky

lux aeterna
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2013
    boy - jacques
    female - alice/sarah

eh, i always choose the girl character despite being a guy, this time will probably be no exception (i might play as the boy on bw though!! i like him more than the other male protagonists)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • White (Japanese): female, Syddy
    Black (English): male, Eru

(Eru like Erufuun, obvs)

tobi-ksla

Years
  • Though I normally pick the boy character, I decide to go the different route by picking the girl this time.

And I'm naming her Annie as a tribute to a character in one of my stories.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well, i still IDK about english version name, any suggestions?

It's really your matter of opinion on names. Perhaps you could name the protagonist after yourself, or maybe there is a unique name you like that you might want to name your character after. A TV show character, actress or actor, anything will help you choose a name for one of the protagonists. :)

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • This... is a good question.
    In Diamond and SS I named the protagonists after my original characters: Lunis and Solis, mother and daughter respectively. I liked that pattern, but now that I'll have a new game come spring I guess I'll have to break it. Although I could pick the male protagonist and name him Zio after the daddy. :D

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Well since I'm getting the Japanese Black Late November/Early December (Yeah Im a little slow xD)
    I will name myself イアーゴー (Iaagoo/Iago) or カオス(Kaosu/Chaos)
    Which is my realname and username respectivly

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Probably one of the same two names I pick on any game.

Either Andrew (my real name) or Jesus.

We don't get to name the rival in this do we?

La Denryu

WITTY CAPTION
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    I'm going to be boring and name myself Zoe, like every other Pokemon game I own <:

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • I have already named myself Chief on the jap version of the game, and will continue to do so on the English edition, and all my other Pokemon games. It's short, 5 letters, so you can put it into the jap games, and pretty self explanatory. I am pretty chief-like after all.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    well i was going for kuromu/chrome but i didnt feel like a jap name so i just went
    english "Chrom" it sounds dumb but..meh

Years
  • I'm not too original, so I always name my character after myself. Also, so I don't get moments where I wonder why in the world I named my character that.

It'd probably be Kassandr if it only allows 8 characters.

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
  • I like my first name, so that's what I've been using as my character's name so far. xD

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Lately I've been going with twisted with all of my games, so I'll keep with that little tradition.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2010
    probably Black :) just to go with simplicity or Ricardo because thats my name lol XD

Back