• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Are You Reading? (Manga and LNs and whatnot)

Years
  • Depends on your taste, a few got picked up by Western publishers like Log Horizon, DanMachi and The Rising of the Shield Hero.

I knew DanMachi was stateside, but not those other 2.

Anyway, Haven't really made a whole lot of reading progress since my last post here. Finished K-On! book 2, but then barely made any progress on A Certain Magical Index book 2 (probably because since I've read it once before, I still remember what happened).

Years
  • Oh, hey, apparently I'm the only one who reads...?

Finished A Certain Magical Index volume 2 over the weekend, and also started and finished A Certain Scientific Railgun Volume 10.

Up next is Anne Freaks volume 1. Maybe. Or Arpeggio of Blue Steel volume 4. I'm not sure which.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Only the two of us it seems :(

I am currently reading:

ログ・ホライズン6 夜明けの迷い子 / The Stray Child of Daybreak (Log Horizon #6)
    A good start, I believe this was part of the second season already, where STUDIO DEEN picked up the project and kinda ruined it.... So I'm glad to see them were the ones doing this go wrong lol

ヘヴィーオブジェクト 6 第三世代への道 / Path to the Third Generation (Heavy Object #6)
    After the amazing volume 5 this is kinda lame. I did miss the characters but well...

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I'm mostly reading light novels (Spice and Wolf, SAO, Log Horizon, ,No Game No Life, Danmachi, Devil is a Part Timer), but for the mangas, I'm reading World Trigger, Akatsuki no Yona and some others.

Blurryface

Cheer up, baby.
    Years
  • Currently have 7 on my Must Read List.

Tokyo Ghoul - Currently on Chapter 1, page 17.
    Tower of God - Haven't started.
    Ookami Shoujo To Kuro Ouji (Wolf Girl and Black Prince) - Haven't started, was watching the anime first.
    Azumanga Daioh - Haven't started either. SATA ANDAGIII~
    Axis Powers Hetalia - On Chapter 1.5, page 2.
    Black Butler - Chapter 1, page 12.
    Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Chapter 19, page 23.

This list makes me look very lazy, which I am. I've really gotta step up my game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • This list makes me look very lazy, which I am. I've really gotta step up my game.

Granted, I'm more of an anime person, but I'm currently only reading these series DESPITE whatever MyAnimeList says (I don't even know what it has now):
    - Hibi Chouchou
    - Seven Deadly Sins
    - Orange (possibly dead?)
    - Fairy Tail
    - Shingeki no Kyojin

I always forget to check on manga weekly, except for Fairy Tail because it's a habit and Seven Deadly Sins because my friend always bugs me.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I'm reading Log Horizon Volume #7. It's really sad because it doesn't cover the whole anime adaptation, so I will need to wait until Yen Press official release catches up with the translations Q___Q

It's like a 1 or 2 years wait, WHY GOD WHY!!!!1111oneoneoneo

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Why would it be 1 or 2 years since Yen Press catches on the serialisation? Let's say they decide to release Log Horizon faster due to popular demand, they could effectivelly release a novel each 2 months. But anyway. I'm patient and I'm going to continue enjoying my light novels. Did you read Spice and Wolf?

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Why would it be 1 or 2 years since Yen Press catches on the serialisation? Let's say they decide to release Log Horizon faster due to popular demand, they could effectivelly release a novel each 2 months. But anyway. I'm patient and I'm going to continue enjoying my light novels. Did you read Spice and Wolf?

Don't play with my feelings! :( It would be great if that happens, but I would suffer a lot of it doesn't! xD

Anyhow, I purchased Spice & Wolf volume 1 and 2 a few weeks ago to give them a try, but I'm waiting until I can catch up with HEAVY OBJECT (read up to volume 6) and Log Horizon :)

Years
  • Why would it be 1 or 2 years since Yen Press catches on the serialisation? Let's say they decide to release Log Horizon faster due to popular demand, they could effectivelly release a novel each 2 months. But anyway. I'm patient and I'm going to continue enjoying my light novels. Did you read Spice and Wolf?

Limited resources available to publish, as well as strategically releasing them to maximize sales. Do you really think everyone interested in Log Horizon could afford a new book every 2 months? 3 months between each book is more reasonable. And book 2 is out July 2015.

Plus, they have to wait on the books to be released in Japan, typically.

Besides, it could be worse. You could be waiting a whole year between books in a series, like I've had to with a couple series I've been buying.

I've actually not read anything since my last post. Been busy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm reading Air Gear, it will probably be the only manga I've read all the way through besides Bleach (which I know is still ongoing). I loved the anime and told myself one day I would read it all the way through, well today is that day!

Years
  • Recently I read through the first volume of Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin, it was a pretty interesting story I'll give it that. Some of the characters could be better and sometimes the explanations drag on. I'm waiting until more of volume 2 is translated before I read any more but that will be a long time from now.

I also finished Mushoku Tensei the other week, I'm just waiting for the redundancy chapters to be translated now. This is probably my favourite Web Novel/Light Novel.

I started Shokugeki no Souma the other week as well, I binge read it in two days. It's a good read, the first manga in a while to get me super hyped for the next chapter each week.

Besides that I'm keeping up with Baby Steps, Monku Tsukeyou ga Nai Rabukome, One PIece, Onepunch-Man, Otoyomegatari, Sen to Man, Zero no Maria (June 10th final volume hype) and Yahari (Volume 11 hype).

Years
  • Yo! I've gone out and actually read stuff!

Anne Freaks volume 1, Arpeggio of Blue Steel Volume 4, and Barakamon vols 1-3 were stricken from my "to read" list over the past couple days. Next on tap are some books from the Black Cat series.

Years
  • I started Fate/Apocrypha. Only two volumes are translated so I'll inevitably have to put it on hold once I'm done with those two. I'm about half way through the first volume.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I started Fate/Apocrypha. Only two volumes are translated so I'll inevitably have to put it on hold once I'm done with those two. I'm about half way through the first volume.

Good-o!

I always wanted to read it, but because of the few releases out I decided not to. Which translation are you reading?

Years
  • I powered through Black Cat book 10, polished off Gakuen Polizi volume 2, and then devoured Black Cat book 11. Currently reading Black Cat book 12, and up next are books 13 through 17 (maybe 18, 19, and 20, too, depending on how quickly I read the ones I own).

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
    Years
  • LN: Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament (8th tome)
    Manga: Bleach (well, I think that one is better than anime itself but really pissed of at some point when they was in the Soul Society too long ;)), Nisekoi (I want to know what's going on after those 12 episodes of 2nd season which will be relased).

Back