• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
  • After 4 hours in school of trying to catch Ho-oh, with very good status and health defects, I decided "eh, I'm not going to use him anyway" and threw a Masterball, because who honestly needs masterballs?
    Yeah its kinda funny, I never use my masterball for catching legendary's as I'm always "Saving it" for another legendary, but I just end up catching them all with Ultraballs and such.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2020
    If anyone wants to trade for that Ho-Oh, I'm looking for a kings rock, haha. Or steel coat.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • I am going to use a Masterball. That is only because I am trying to get it shiny. I have been resetting my game for two days trying to get a shiny! It is so frustrating! But I won't stop until I get it. I have to use a Masterball because I am not going to for a second take the chance of accidentally killing it.
    I actually caught a shiny Lugia on HG, boy that was luck man but wow I can't believe you keep restarting just for that.

Lazenca

Chef~
    Years
  • How lucky were you catching Lugia?

Guys! I caught Lugia on my first try with the Pokeball without damaging it! Another mystery case of the Pokewalker's luck!

Sorry, but I thought this was indeed worth a topic. How was your luck?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Merging your thread with one made with a similar topic on how and what pokéball you caught the legendary mascots with.

For me, I haven't gotten there yet and will probably have to use a ton of Ultra Balls just to catch them with my luck. :\

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I just beat Whitney this morning, so I haven't even gotten that far yet. Which region is it that you catch Lugia in on the PokéWalker, anyway?

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    I caught Lugia with a Master Ball, then after I got the Rainbow Feather after beating the gyms I caught Ho-Oh in a Master Ball that I got from transferring it from Emerald.

Years
  • Master Ball for both. AR, I love you.

I'm sorry, but I am not going to sit there for hours trying to get a decent nature. You can go ahead and say I'm not a real player, quote Karen, whatever. If that's how you want to spend your time, go ahead.
    :P

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Poké Ball for both! It was rather easy. Besides, I always catch stuff in Poké Balls.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    i caught lugia with a heal ball

used 20 ultra balls,5 dusk balls,2 love balls then its health was all the way down then i used that heal one c:

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
  • I caught Lugia in a dusk ball and Ho-oh in an ultra ball in my SoulSilver. Took one reset with my lugia (accidentally pressed run, went and got dark balls) and caught Ho-oh on my first try. Also caught all 3 legendary dogs (Quick balls on roaming, ultra on suicune), zapdos(quickest battle ever: typhlosion used flamethrower, Gold threw one dusk ball, Alright! Zapdos was caught!), articuno(idr), and mewtwo(ultra or dusk, can't remember which). And i still haven't used the master ball (might use it on latios. No balls have had any effect on him yet). Need to go to Mt. Silver to get moltres, then latios is next. Anyone im forgetting?

Spinach

like popeye
    Years
  • To catch Ho-Oh, I started off with Giratina to bring him down to around 1HP, then I brought out a lvl 100 Mewtwo, as it could easily take the hits and I could just keep throwing ultra balls. Unfortunately, ho-Oh ran out of PP before I caught it and used struggle. The recoil killed it.

I soft reset and caught it after another 20 or so ultra balls.

Back