• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What books have you read lately?

GuardianofAuraGirl

I finished reading Prilla and the Butterfly Lake by Kitty Richards this morning. I know it's children's book but I like how Disney draw the pictures so beautifully.

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I just read the students edition of The German Ideology by Karl Marx and Frederick Engels... It was so hard to read because of the style of writing. Complicated etc.

I'd recommend anyone who has an interest in politics or philosophy to read it =)

I also just read The Da Vinci Code finally, again because I fancied reading it after watching the film the other week. what a weird book that is XP

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
    Just finished reading Frankenstein: The Modern Prometheus by Mary Shelley. Its a very interesting book... But Very tragic too. It has become one of my all-time favorites.

Apperently, the book is nothing like the movie, although I have not seen the movie.
    I find it interesting that the author was only 18 when she started writing the book.

My favorite quote from the book is:
    "You accuse me of murder; and yet you would, with a satisfied conscience, destroy your own creature. Oh, praise the eternal justice of man!"

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I finished The Kidnapping of Christina Lattimore, and I am currently reading The Mango Season.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I recently finished Maximum Ride: The Final Warning. It wasn't as a good of a read as the other books in the same series from James Patterson. The plot wasn't that interesting.

Now starting A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Quite a confusing read.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I have just finished By Royal Command by Charlie Higson, which is based on a young James Bond. That was okay, kinda confusing towards the end but a good read. I've also finished Anthony Horowitz's Necropolis, which was pretty good also.

And I'm currently reading through The Tales of the Beedle and the Bard. Got it yesterday, but it really just reminds me of a fairytale book and I think it might be directed at children... oh well.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I am currently reading Lireal by Garth Nix.
    Last book I read was Shades Children also by Garth Nix. I thought the book was enjoyable and had a good plot twist.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I finished re-reading the Zombie Survival Guide, then recently started Twilight just to check why it's so popular and to have a basic understandment of my friend's conversations.

Gundam-Fighter

Look at the ickle Rhydon!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    I finished re-reading the Zombie Survival Guide, then recently started Twilight just to check why it's so popular and to have a basic understandment of my friend's conversations.

LOL. I got the Zombie Survival Guide for my birthday. Great book and very realistic.

On another note. I've read all the Harry Potter books, as many other people have, I've read all of the Darren Shan books, which can be quite gruesome and gripping, and many Doctor Who books, which are sometimes better than the programs.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I just finish reading Halo: Ghost of Onyx the other day, and now i'm reading Firestar by Chris D' Lacey!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The most recent book I read was The Great Gatsby. It was surprisingly one of the best books I've ever read and after reading the book, the movie was really easy to understand. Though I missed the beginning of it, and a few parts of the actual novel, I still enjoyed it as it's overall theme was actually one of the best life lessons anyone could learn.

Years
    The Twilight series, because I can never afford Brisingr(third Inheritance book) and theres nothing else to read...and its actually pretty good, though the fan base makes it scream of over-ratedness because they cant shut up about how awesome it is and act like its the best thing since Swiss Cheese

Metamence

Years
    I've recently read Brisingr.. It's pretty good and sad, as Eragon's mentor dies and umm I don't think I should go on, saying spoilers..
    It's pretty easy to understand considering it is a long book..
    I'm thinking of reading Twilight..

Years
    I'm thinking of reading Twilight..
    You should. It's a decent book, though don't expect it to be as amazaing as people say it is. And I will warn you now, the first one is a bit boring- its all talk, and just when theres some action, it doesnt last long. Until the last 6 or so chapters anyway. But it really picks up in New Moon, and I think I've discovered something about the series-

The female fans love Twilight and Eclipse, which is more romance and talk than anything.
    And the guys love New Moon, since its very interesting and has a lot more action than Twilight.
    And EVERYONE loves Breaking Dawn, since its the last one and...yeah.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    I have a horrible habit of starting multiple books at the same time. Right now, I'm reading The Hot Zone by Richard Preston and Black Friday by James Patterson. I had reread Stoker's Dracula not that long ago and I started Laurie Halse Anderson's Fever 1793 when I was on vacation, but then I was loaned Black Friday and I want to finish that first so I can return in promptly. I love books! =)

I suppose you can also count some books for school: Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn...and seven reference books on it. Not quite as fun as some of the other things I've been assigned, but it isn't bad, so hey.

Back