• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you name yourself and rival in D/P/Pt?

Years
  • My Old Pearl File:

Player - Tia
    Rival - Roy

Platinum File:

Player - Azalea
    Rival - Darian

Platinum File #2 (long story short... I lost my first copy and eventually replaced it... let's just say the first copy decided to turn up after a good long time...)

Player - Macie
    Rival - Marcus

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Pearl
    Name:Hikari [maybe?]
    Rival: June

Diamond
    Name:Dia [girl still]
    Rival:June

Platinum
    Name: Pink
    Rival: June

Aha the rival has the same name in all the fourth generation series.

Years
  • In my current Platinum playthrough, I named myself BUGS! because I'm using them and uncreative, and gave my rival one of these standard names, probably Barry.
    Edit: No, actually I named him Noob, and forgot about it...

Last edited:

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I named myself Dee. I'm always Dee.

On Pearl, my rival's name was Tommy.
    On Platinum, my rival's name is Barry.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was really imaginitive...

I named myself Pear and my rival Earl. On Pearl Version. :]

BlackRay

The other trainer.
    Years
  • Plat. Joy and Barry
    Diamond. Pika and Gravel (I hate Gravelers)
    Pearl. Zack and Barry

Un-creative Platinum and pearl don't you think??

Years
  • I used to name myself my actual name in the Pokemon games, and my rival's name is their actual name for the game. But now, I decided to change my mind.

In Platinum, I named myself "Cerina," my new default name for all Pokemon games, and my rival's name is "Edan." The names also tie in with a fanfic I'm also working on. ^^;;

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Me: Connor
    Rival: Gavin
    I thought the rival's name from the anime was gavin so i put that down only to realise that he's name is barry *headdesk*

chocolademelk

maître pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    On my Diamond game, I named myself Leia (woo Princess Leia!) and I forget the rival ^^; I just restarted Platinum and named myself Laika (after, um, the Russian dog breed that was used by the soviets to test out their spaceships... it sounds cool as a name, though XD) and just picked one of the listed names for my rival-- Nolan!

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • In both Pokemon Diamond and Pearl I name my trainer ASH and my Rival Gary. I have always done this since I got my Fire Red Versiond and I did it in every version I have. I renamed them after the characters in the show but have not done a Misty Character or I would have done that too.:)

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
    Years
  • I always use my given name as my self, and the default as the rival, except sometimes when I substitute in the names of pokemon special characters (often a colour or precious metal or mineral).

Back