• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do people in the Pokemon World eat? (New)

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
  • Well, The Official Pokemon Handbook states that Farfetch'd are cooked and then eated, I guess people in the pokemon world do so with other Pokemon.

I know this 'cause my brother got it as a gift on his birthday (he's 18)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Well, The Official Pokemon Handbook states that Farfetch'd are cooked and then eated, I guess people in the pokemon world do so with other Pokemon.

I know this 'cause my brother got it as a gift on his birthday (he's 18)

Why yes, Farfetch'd are quite the delicacy in the Pokemon world. Did you know that their leeks make extraordinary stews?

I can't really say much about what they eat. I can't see any meat in Brock's cooking, can't say much about Cilan's cooking since haven't watch the new season yet. If there are any meat in their food it would either be Pokemon meat or meat from animals that are hidden in the Pokemon world's underside.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I remember a dude selling butchered Magikarp once, but I also remember some lady in the woods feeding the gang some kind of kabobs, made of muskrat or something.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
    Years
  • Well, we can be sure of something : SlowpokeTails
    They eat them, or at least, some people did when Team Rocket started cutting them.
    But people in the Pokemon World also eat candy, how do I know? 'cause Bruno from the Elite Four eats RageCandyBars, or at least, that's what some guy in Two Island tells you.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • I have noticed that if any source such as the pokedex says anything about they sometimes always say that they are delicacies( like the fugu fish of japan) this only proves my point that the meat from pokemon that is eaten is only eaten on special occasions

Seventh Sea

Plesiosaur Fanatic
    Years
  • There was that one episode where the whole anime crew was imagining different ways of preparing James's magikarp to be eaten. However, you see animals in the anime as well (pidgey pulling a worm out of the ground, ghastly turning into a mongoose to troll ekans, etc.), so it is safe to assume that animals exist in the pokemon world and that people would eat them. As such, it is easy to believe that they eat similarly to us, but with a few pokemon items thrown onto the menu.

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
  • I remember in season 1 of the anime, Brock made onigiri (they were called "donuts" -___-). And as what previous posts mentioned, I recall a character/s saying about how tasty Magikarp is.

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
    Years
  • Who knows?

I think they eat vegetables that they find in the wild. Tomatoes, potatoes, the in-game berries and much more.

If there's meat, it's probably from a Pokémon, known or unknown. However, the animal would probably be butchered beyond recognition, like how we chop up cows like that. It's gross to kill and eat Pokémon, but if you think about it steak is pretty much the same.

For obvious reasons they probably don't show the butchering process in the anime, because it's not really important.
    They eat Stantler venison, Touros and miltank meat, grumpig and spoink Pork berrys veggies and fruits. thats what they eat

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I think they eat the same things as we do... We know that animals exist in the Pokémon World, and we've seen once or twice the heroes eating animal meat in the animé. One thing's for sure to my mind, they DON'T eat Pokémon. I can hardly imagine Pokémon destinated to be eaten breeding... As I don't imagine people hunting Pokémon and sell their meat neither. They eat food produced by Pokémon (Miltank's milk, Tropius' fruits,...), but not the Pokémon themselves. If I'm wrong... That's really disgusting.
    Then, they obviously eat berries, but in their world I think they also eat "normal" fruits and vegetables, maybe less than the berries though.

Last edited:

Piko the Pichu

Protector of Sweden
    Years
  • What do people in the Pokemon World eat? (New)

Jelly Donuts :D

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Berries are one of the most obvious things that is eaten. But who knows, maybe they did kill and eat Pokemon, or just, normal animals like we saw before (regular fish for example).

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2023
    In the episode where Misty's sisters trick her into being the mermaid at the Gym, you can notice that there are actual FISH in the fish tank.

Therefore, I believe that they do have animals in the Pokemon world as well, but they may not be around as much..

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Um, plants and berries I guess. As for meat, I think chickens or whatever exist, just as food.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • le fish:
    What do people in the Pokemon World eat? (New)

As there are fish, I'd reason there are other animals as well. I can't imagine people eating pokemon; they're sentient after all. I think they eat berries, plants etc, probably pokemon produce, like milk and fruits, but NOT pokemon themselves. maybe they have little chicken or something?

Back