• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you call the currency?

• Total voters

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Poké; before I discovered it was called Poké, I just called it gold. It didn't really matter to me.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I call it money just ^^' I even say "oh dear I've only got 50 moneys left. oh noes."

Yeah I don't ponder the currency when I'm playing the games to be honest :P but to me it's always looked like the symbol of the GBP o.O

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    Pokédollar is the currency used in all known regions of the Pokémon world. Its symbol is

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    I always just say "dollars" in my head, but I never thought about it before. I actually had to look at it and think aloud to remember how I referred to it.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I usually just call it money, or yen. I don't really pay much attention to what it is, rather I'm just concerned with how much I have.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    I call it, cash, bucks, paper, mula, young money baby. lol. XD

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
    I call it Gil, haha.

I play a lot of Final Fantasy, and I guess that's what I call currency in other Japanese games. xD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I just call it 'money', 'cash' or whatever slang for that word you wanna use. xD;

It's never occurred to me to call it anything else.

"Man, look at how much money I have saved!"

Been that way ever since I started playing Pokemon.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I call it Poké out loud. Mystery Dungeon has a hold on me. Usually I'll just denote something as costing P450, or if I'm really lazy just state the amount and imply what I mean through context.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    I'd call it "chizz"

Like: "Whoa man! That's 450 worth of chizz! Way over my budget!"
    Or: "I just stole 10000 chizz off of Lance in the Elite Four"
    Or even: "Why would I trade in my hard-worked chizz for some even lamer chizz that's even less than what my chizz was traded for???" (Talking in relevance to Coins in the Gambling Area)

Awkward, isn't it?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I usually either call it "dollars" or "bucks" haha. Just seems easier for me that way.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I haven't given it a unit, so basically I just say things like: protein costs 9800.
    Sometimes I call it dollar or euro, though.

Back